#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Would be fitting if the Warriors lose a 3-2 lead with Durant being out...

Would be pretty much like last year with the Rockets being up 3-2 and CP3 out lol. So hey if they lose, then so be it. But the Rockets? This is it for them. No better chance than this one. 

Back to yesterday's game, can't believe Shumpert has worked his way to being a contributor to a potential championship team after how his last few years in Cleveland went. Still crazy to me lol. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would be pretty much like last year with the Rockets being up 3-2 and CP3 out lol. So hey if they lose, then so be it. But the Rockets? This is it for them. No better chance than this one. 

Back to yesterday's game, can't believe Shumpert has worked his way to being a contributor to a potential championship team after how his last few years in Cleveland went. Still crazy to me lol. 

It is surprising, but playing in a wide open offense where you're encouraged to pull on a team that creates more opportunities to do so (see Hood, Rodney) does wonders for just about anyone. Playing under Coach LeBron is a very different game.

If the Rockets don't win, they basically become the Wile E. Coyote.

Just now, Mossburg said:

It is surprising, but playing in a wide open offense where you're encouraged to pull on a team that creates more opportunities to do so does wonders for just about anyone. Playing under Coach LeBron is a very different game.

I mean even in Sacramento he had some good moments this year and built himself back up. Cleveland definitely broke him and he was thought to be done. Then again, Hood looked completely terrible in Cleveland and Hill looked washed up. Moral of the story, GTFO of Cleveland lol.

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's doing fine, but Capela is the one guy Steph is able to get his step back off on but just hasn't been hitting. And then other times when he does go by Capela, he is missing a lot of shots at the rim so it makes it seem like Capela is doing a better job than he really is. Also, if you notice, the Rockets completely load up on Curry's drives and leave Iggy/Livingston/Draymond open. When Iggy is hitting his shots, it's not a problem but he was missing quite a bit yesterday.

Harden for the most part has been impressive no doubt. The fear is not only the step back, but getting called for a foul on his three ball so you kind of have to give him space. I mean if not, then you just get called for entering his "landing zone" or whatever the hell that means. The call on Durant was so garbage yesterday. The Rockets have definitely figured out the best way to game the system. I'm expecting an off shooting night for him next game though. Like a 10-29 or 10-30 type of shooting night. Once again late in the game he was a non-factor yesterday. You may be on to something that he starts to second guess himself and gets a bit hesitant. Now, the Rockets were still scoring in the 4th quarter when he was quiet, but he wasn't nearly as aggressive and didn't pull the trigger on a few shots that he would have earlier in the game. This is why I still fear CP3 and Gordon more than him in clutch situations. Well, I used to fear CP3 more, but that man is looking a bit old and washed as he can't go by anyone. 

Yeah, that's what I saw too regarding Capela. Steph isn't hitting. He's getting where he needs to be against Capela.

I also must agree on the landing zone nonsense. If you're going to give Harden that foul with such regularity, you need to call his push offs. The announcers made a point of highlighting how it wasn't being called both ways. It's why I hate watching Harden play. He's built his game around gaming the system by flopping to get questionable calls. If you watch Steph drive, the dude gets just as much contact as Harden does, but he gets half as many calls because he doesn't stagger around like a drunk after somebody brushes his arm. Harden is an elite player, but I hate watching him and CP3 play. It is true that they aren't the only guys who flop, but they do it so often. It just drives me nutty. I don't think they play a fun style of basketball.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean even in Sacramento he had some good moments this year and built himself back up. Cleveland definitely broke him and he was thought to be done. Then again, Hood looked completely terrible in Cleveland and Hill looked washed up. Moral of the story, GTFO of Cleveland lol.

I mean I feel this on a personal level. When I play on team where there's a really good player and he dominates the ball, occasionally giving me a shot here or there, I'm a far worse offensive contributor than when I either get to be a distributor or when a player like that constantly involves his teammates, increasing my shot volume, and me knowing that if I'm open on a fast break I'm getting the ball. So basically I have to focus on defense and other stuff and when I get to shoot I don't really feel it because I haven't attempted a shot in the last 5 mins (extra ****** points to the guy if he's upset I missed lol).

This is why unless you really are a super worthless turd bag like Melo, if you play for MDA you will get more opportunities, get more confidence, and are basically guaranteed to get like 5 open 3s a game even if you're a rotation player. This team is probably the most un-MDA team MDA has ever coached, but even here the ball swings way more than it did in Cleveland, at least it seems like it to me.

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Moral of the story, GTFO of Cleveland lol.

More like: Moral of the story, LeBron doesn't make everyone else around him better unless you fit a very specific mold/role.

Just now, MWil23 said:

More like: Moral of the story, LeBron doesn't make everyone else around him better unless you fit a very specific mold/role.

That's a common talking point that's basically a myth that many people on TV repeat. Only a few players on specific teams make others actually better.

21 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I mean I feel this on a personal level. When I play on team where there's a really good player and he dominates the ball, occasionally giving me a shot here or there, I'm a far worse offensive contributor than when I either get to be a distributor or when a player like that constantly involves his teammates, increasing my shot volume, and me knowing that if I'm open on a fast break I'm getting the ball. So basically I have to focus on defense and other stuff and when I get to shoot I don't really feel it because I haven't attempted a shot in the last 5 mins (extra ****** points to the guy if he's upset I missed lol).

This is why unless you really are a super worthless turd bag like Melo, if you play for MDA you will get more opportunities, get more confidence, and are basically guaranteed to get like 5 open 3s a game even if you're a rotation player. This team is probably the most un-MDA team MDA has ever coached, but even here the ball swings way more than it did in Cleveland, at least it seems like it to me.

I mean it's not like Harden doesn't dominate the ball either....Does it more than LeBron actually. You can then say MDA's offensive system is better than Lue's or something. But clearly dudes go to Cleveland and are thought to be left for dead. Then again, guys like Hood/Hill have reduced roles in their new teams compared to Cleveland and that makes a difference.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Preaching to the choir. YEARS back I was arguing it was easier to play with Kobe if you are a star than LeBron due to playing style. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it's not like Harden doesn't dominate the ball either....Does it more than LeBron actually. You can then say MDA's offensive system is better than Lue's or something. But clearly dudes go to Cleveland and are thought to be left for dead. Then again, guys like Hood/Hill have reduced roles in their new teams compared to Cleveland and that makes a difference.

Preaching to the choir. YEARS back I was arguing it was easier to play with Kobe if you are a star than LeBron due to playing style. 

You mean easier to play for Phil than LeBron. :D In a triangle with Gasol and Odom in the mix you were guaranteed to see more action regardless of what Kobe did, just like the Rockets still swing the ball when Harden isn't going YOLO. Rocket without Harden can actually do stuff because that team is run by a real coach, Cavs without LeBron couldn't do anything.

I think in Miami LeBron had the most successful cast of role players. Maybe because they were just better players (Allen, Battier, etc), but that team wasn't coached by LeBron and I think Spo is proving to be a solid coach. Obviously speculation and all, but I think it has more to do with structure of the team which goes back to the coach....which in the end is Coach LeBron's fault. xD

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

You mean easier to play for Phil than LeBron. :D In a triangle with Gasol and Odom in the mix you were guaranteed to see more action regardless of what Kobe did, just like the Rockets still swing the ball when Harden isn't going YOLO. Rocket without Harden can actually do stuff because that team is run by a real coach, Cavs without LeBron couldn't do anything.

I think in Miami LeBron had the most successful cast of role players. Maybe because they were just better players (Allen, Battier, etc), but that team wasn't coached by LeBron and I think Spo is proving to be a solid coach. Obviously speculation and all, but I think it has more to do with structure of the team which goes back to the coach....which in the end is Coach LeBron's fault. xD

I mean maybe so, but it is just easier when you can play off ball and the ball isn't in your hands as much. Guys like LeBron and Harden just need the rock and they are amazing players no doubt, but at times it affects their teammates. 

Miami experiment was also more successful because he played off ball more than he's ever has and hit the post more. The fact he won't hit the post in year 16 is so baffling to me. He's wasting unnecessary energy when the game could be so much easier for him.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean maybe so, but it is just easier when you can play off ball and the ball isn't in your hands as much. Guys like LeBron and Harden just need the rock and they are amazing players no doubt, but at times it affects their teammates. 

Miami experiment was also more successful because he played off ball more than he's ever has and hit the post more. The fact he won't hit the post in year 16 is so baffling to me. He's wasting unnecessary energy when the game could be so much easier for him.

Yup, which might be because the team wasn't run by him.

11 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Yup, which might be because that is a team that wasn't run by him.

Guy needs to suck it up and play more out of the post. I know it's hard to convince one of the GOATs to check his ego, but somebody needs to get through to him.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Guy needs to suck it up and play more out of the post. I know it's hard to convince one of the GOATs to check his ego, but somebody needs to get through to him.

I think it's more complicated because it's hard to just go in the post and stomp fools. It's much easier to double a post player, so you need to run set plays with good spacing and the right lineups. Basically the kinda shiz you need a coach for.

But yea, I think everyone agrees he should do this. Even Durant gets a ton of possessions where he starts closer to the rim.

Archived