#1 Golden St Warriors vs #4 Houston Rockets | 2019 West Semifinals

Texansfan713

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No Harden and LeBron refused to shoot and were careless with the ball totally in their control. It’s not like they started missing shots that they normally make. Barnes couldn’t hit a wide open look. If he was just bad he would’ve been helpful but he was useless. Disagree wholeheartedly they were equally matched teams. They were a damn good Cavs team but the Warriors were an all time great team. LIS, Steph already being hobbled, Iggy being hobbled, Draymond suspension, Bogut injury whilst Draymond suspended. And Harrison Barnes refusing to make any open shots. They all played a role. It goes without saying that the Cavs were more than good enough to take advantage.

"Refusing" to make open shots? Again, why is that on the Cavs that he's not making shots? Did Kyrie "refuse" to make shots the last four games of the Bucks series? 

If you watched both years series and didn't think they were evenly matched I don't know what to tell you. You can't just list those things for the Warriors and then in an earlier post just brush off the Irving and Love injuries the year prior. You said Love wasn't a big factor or something to that extent, yet you bring up Bogut? Dude got benched in the 2015 series and had a negative +/- in 2016 despite the Dubs being up 3-1. His loss was a factor because it led to Ezeli getting more minutes. Not because of his actual play.

LeBron and Kyrie were just all time special the last three games of that series. Give them their due and move on. You could try your hardest to convince yourself it was luck, but that's not reality. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

"Refusing" to make open shots? Again, why is that on the Cavs that he's not making shots? Did Kyrie "refuse" to make shots the last four games of the Bucks series? 

If you watched both years series and didn't think they were evenly matched I don't know what to tell you. You can't just list those things for the Warriors and then in an earlier post just brush off the Irving and Love injuries the year prior. You said Love wasn't a big factor or something to that extent, yet you bring up Bogut? Dude got benched in the 2015 series and had a negative +/- in 2016 despite the Dubs being up 3-1. His loss was a factor because it led to Ezeli getting more minutes. Not because of his actual play.

LeBron and Kyrie were just all time special the last three games of that series. Give them their due and move on. You could try your hardest to convince yourself it was luck, but that's not reality. 

No I clearly said refused to shoot. There’s a difference between not being able to make shots and just flat out deferring and refusing to make them. Barnes couldn’t make the most wide open shots that he normally make. Barnes wasn’t just bad, he was useless. Being just bad may have been enough to win that series. 

How is saying that the Warriors would’ve won the series regardless brushing off love and Kyrie. Not like I’m saying it would’ve been a sweep. The reason I bring up Bogut is because after Draymond he’s their only real rim protector. Kyrie and Bron could just feast in the paint.

again I’m not denying how great they were, but I’m saying luck/good fortune had at least just amount to do with the comeback than them being great. 

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

No I clearly said refused to shoot. There’s a difference between not being able to make shots and just flat out deferring and refusing to make them. Barnes couldn’t make the most wide open shots that he normally make. Barnes wasn’t just bad, he was useless. Being just bad may have been enough to win that series. 

How is saying that the Warriors would’ve won the series regardless brushing off love and Kyrie. Not like I’m saying it would’ve been a sweep. The reason I bring up Bogut is because after Draymond he’s their only real rim protector. Kyrie and Bron could just feast in the paint.

again I’m not denying how great they were, but I’m saying luck/good fortune had at least just amount to do with the comeback than them being great. 

Bogut was playing 12 MPG man, what are you even doing right now? Don't try to re-write history. Losing Bogut didn't hurt because of his actual play, but because it led to Ezeli playing more minutes and he was straight garbage. Kyrie/LeBron had plenty of time to feast at the rim even when Bogut was out of the game, which he clearly was for majority of the game since he only averaged 12 MPG that series.

Difference is LeBron started to actually take the open shots when they went under the screens and putting LBJ on Green allowed them to switch the Curry/Green pick and roll opposed to having to trap because Love couldn't switch out. And same applies to when RJ was guarding Green during those stretches.

The comeback was more greatness of LBJ/Irving than anything else. But we can end it here since this isn't going anywhere. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Klay ain't going anywhere!! 

Tampering is what he's doing with Kawhi and meeting with him during the 76ers series. 

I can’t say I can reply as confidently as you did just now but there’s a chance and it starts tomorrow. 

I’m conflicted if I wanna see Klay stay or go tbh. I’d say there is a 98% chance he stays so it’s moot. I mean Warriors dynasty continues even without KD but without Klay it’s radically different. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

I can’t say I can reply as confidently as you did just now but there’s a chance and it starts tomorrow. 

I’m conflicted if I wanna see Klay stay or go tbh. I’d say there is a 98% chance he stays so it’s moot. I mean Warriors dynasty continues even without KD but without Klay it’s radically different. 

Without KD the team is still a threat but no longer the big favorites. Will be kind of like the Spurs where they stick around and have a shot every year even if they aren't locks to win it. 

Klay is staying once he gets that max offer. Warriors ultimate fate comes down to the type of role players they are able to surround the big 3 with. Need to find some gems as they won't have the cap space to make any moves. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Without KD the team is still a threat but no longer the big favorites. Will be kind of like the Spurs where they stick around and have a shot every year even if they aren't locks to win it. 

Klay is staying once he gets that max offer. Warriors ultimate fate comes down to the type of role players they are able to surround the big 3 with. Need to find some gems as they won't have the cap space to make any moves. 

Without KD they aren’t the 99.9% chance to definitely win the title every year type of favourites but I think it becomes a group of 4-6 teams with real title hopes and I think GS is still at the top of that group. They’re still going to be a major threat to win every year for the next few years but not the overwhelming favourite is what I’m saying. So I agree with your spursian like statement. 

So yea if KD goes and Klay stays it’ll be the same main guys minus KD but will probably need a big shakeup of reserves and role guys. I could see like Iggy (maybe) and Linvingston and Bogut (for good this time) retiring but two of those guys don’t move the needle anymore. Boogie probably leaves but it’ll be interesting how they re-stock. 

2 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Without KD they aren’t the 99.9% chance to definitely win the title every year type of favourites but I think it becomes a group of 4-6 teams with real title hopes and I think GS is still at the top of that group. They’re still going to be a major threat to win every year for the next few years but not the overwhelming favourite is what I’m saying. So I agree with your spursian like statement. 

So yea if KD goes and Klay stays it’ll be the same main guys minus KD but will probably need a big shakeup of reserves and role guys. I could see like Iggy (maybe) and Linvingston and Bogut (for good this time) retiring but two of those guys don’t move the needle anymore. Boogie probably leaves but it’ll be interesting how they re-stock. 

The thing is Iggy at this point is only a playoff performer, which is perfectly fine but he won't try in the regular season. Draymond also can't play with as much energy in the regular season and Livingston is also aging. The depth is completely gone. At the very least they need to find role players who can hold it down in the regular season.

They will also lose Looney who should get a decent contract from some team. Steph will Steph and get back in the MVP talks, but they need to find some contributors. I wonder if Boogie takes a one year deal and goes on the market next season? He will get to shine more with KD gone and could show teams he is fully healed from all his injuries. Could be big for the Dubs if that happens. 

3 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Bell, Cook, Jerebko, McKinnie and Looney. Who’s out or who is a FA and leaves? 

Looney definitely leaves. McKinnie is signed till next season, Cook is RFA I believe so he may stay and same with Bell. 

I guess I never thought about the possibility of Boogie taking another 1 year prove it deal but it definitely makes sense for both sides. If I was him with everything he went through this year I’d probably take it. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looney definitely leaves. McKinnie is signed till next season, Cook is RFA I believe so he may stay and same with Bell. 

Losing Looney sucks but I’d be okay losing all those other guys if teams wanna overpay for them. 

Archived