The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

On 4/18/2018 at 3:53 PM, hrubes20 said:

Sounds like it.  I'm gonna be so pissed if we get stuck watching Blackman taking snaps again.  At least we will have the Akers/Laborn show to theoretically keep us entertained.

This offense needs to be run-heavy regardless of who starts at QB.

SIX Noles were drafted. Strangely, McFadden was not among them. I know he ran a slow 40, but is there some other reason no team took him? You had smaller, less athletic, less productive, small school CB's getting drafted. 

3 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

SIX Noles were drafted. Strangely, McFadden was not among them. I know he ran a slow 40, but is there some other reason no team took him? You had smaller, less athletic, less productive, small school CB's getting drafted. 

His film from last season was awful. Not just because FSU struggled overall but because he visibly gave up on plays and didn't give full effort. I think that hurt him a lot. Not sure if he was playing not to get hurt or whatever... but when you run a slow 40-yard dash at that position you need good game tape to prop you up. He doesn't have the 40 time and his junior season tape is really bad.

He also probably bombed his interviews. The few times I've heard him interviewed, it was painful to listen to. Comes across as a weird mix of aloof and angry.

• 2 weeks later...

The recruiting class so far looks pretty good. There will be lots of battles inside the state of Florida to be won this year. Will be interesting to follow. Definitely the right strategy, can't bank on OOS recruits all the time like the last 2 years.

• 1 month later...

I literally live right around the corner from Derrick McLendon's HS. I might have to go to a game.

5 DE's right now. I can't imagine all 5 staying. Maybe one moves to LB? They all seemingly look too big as freshman to move to LB.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

And it's Francois. I would've been very surprised if it was anyone else. 

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/taggart-names-francois-starting-quarterback

Thank God.  As you said, I would have been surprised if Francois didn't get it, but you never know when a new coach comes in.  I never want to see Blackman starting a game for this team again.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Thank God.  As you said, I would have been surprised if Francois didn't get it, but you never know when a new coach comes in.  I never want to see Blackman starting a game for this team again.

I wouldn't go that far, but definitely not for this season.