2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

? Houston’s not an option

And guys don’t care about money?  Weren’t you just calling Lakers fans delusional?

Dallas pre Kristaps. City doesn’t matter, what I was saying is if guys cared that much about taxes no one would go to LA. It’s the highest taxed place for NBA players in the country isn’t it? Kawhi could save millions more going to a team in Texas. I don’t think many guys really care about tax implications.

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Oh that unfounded report, have to love “sauces”. That has nothing to do with either Buss lol, have you actually convinced yourself that Jeanie Buss took over and all of a sudden guys like Kawhi just went “wow now I want to be a Laker”. 

Why is it so tough for Lakers fans to accept that Pelinka is a shmuck. Guys want to be there because it’s LA not because Pelinka pitches them some master plan and they’re so impressed with what he’s done in his short lived tenure.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Oh that unfounded report, have to love “sauces”. That has nothing to do with either Buss lol, have you actually convinced yourself that Jeanie Buss took over and all of a sudden guys like Kawhi just went “wow now I want to be a Laker”. 

Why is it so tough for Lakers fans to accept that Pelinka is a shmuck. Guys want to be there because it’s LA not because Pelinka pitches them some master plan and they’re so impressed with what he’s done in his short lived tenure.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lmao, it literally sources Woj, Ramona, and ESPN at various points in that article. 

You have nothing else to attack when proven wrong about Jim Buss’s tenure so you attack facts you could easily disprove yourself. Quite sad actually 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Lmao, it literally sources Woj, Ramona, and ESPN at various points in that article. 

You have nothing else to attack when proven wrong about Jim Buss’s tenure so you attack facts you could easily disprove yourself. Quite sad actually 

Yet none of you will answer the question.

Do you think Lebron signed in LA because of the front office or because they're the LA Lakers?

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

So players want to be in LA but don't want to be on the Clippers because the Lakers have history but no one wants to play in Boston despite having a large market and history?

I don't think anyone is saying Lebron came because of Rob. You're right, he would have come no matter what. But IIRR, you said that no one would come to LA and the whole living in LA factor didnt matter. 

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Okay. Fine. Accepting your premise as being accurate......then you can trash all the "Laker clown show FO" chatter as having any bearing on Kawhi's decision.

He'll want to come to LA (hopefully the LAL) simply because they're the LAL and in LA. Done. That makes things a lot easier.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Do you think Lebron signed in LA because of the front office or because they're the LA Lakers?

Neither.  He signed because the team is in Los Angeles and that gives him a springboard into lots of media opportunities.  

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not nonsense when it's the truth.  You talk about it being costly to dump Isaac Bonga and Mo Wagner, and they gave up a SRP in 2023 (I believe).  Meanwhile, the Heat gave up a future FRP to dump Mo Harkless on the Clippers.  If using a SRP to dump a few small contracts is expensive, I'd hate to know what you think the cost of the Heat using a FRP to dump Harkless on the Clippers is.  But let's go back to the pick itself.  Assuming nothing goes crazy, that's a pick that's in the 50-60 range.  That's not costly.  That's a small price to pay to create max cap space.  That's something that EVERY team would do if they thought they had the ability to sign a max FA.  The Lakers clearly ~$3.5M in cap space.  Go check what the going rate was on the picks for a SRP.  That's not costly.  Stop being a homer.

Nobody in their damn mind thought that the Pelicans were going to take Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart for Anthony Davis.  Stop being obtuse.

If you want to believe what ESPN puts out there, go right ahead.  But the fact is the Lakers found a 3rd team to loop into the deal.  You said yourself that there was no way that David Griffin would sign off on a 3rd team that would allow the Lakers to create a max FA slot.  You said it yourself.  And somehow David Griffin agreed to allowing the Wizards to be apart of the deal.  And rather than admitting you were wrong, you continue to pedal the same crap that ESPN feeds you and talk about how I'm "insecure".

Its the truth? You dumped 3 rookies. One was a first round pick, one was a second round pick and one was UDFA. You had to give up a draft pick to dump 3 guys with upside that you had invested picks on, thats costly. You keep saying Woj said it was impossible for LA to find a 3rd team, he legitimately never said that. He said it would be difficult and costly, this Woj hates the Lakers bit is pathetic.

Lakers fans were parading around talking about how they had all the leverage and they wouldn't have to move close to what the media was saying they would, yet here we are. Pelicans got the two best assets plus a treasure chest of draft picks down the line.

No one is believing ESPN, we're discussing what happened. You have this insecurity because Woj isn't just mindlessly blowing the Lakers. The dude has legitimately just reported the information that he's been given and you're crying about it on a message board.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Both. Just like Celtics players are signing there for its FO and its storied history.  Though those reasons aren’t necessarily equal-weighted.

Do you think Jerry Buss and Jerry West had nothing to do with players wanting to play for LAL either?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Neither.  He signed because the team is in Los Angeles and that gives him a springboard into lots of media opportunities.  

THATS BEEN MY ENTIRE POINT!!!!!!!!!!

Move them to Minnesota and Lebron isn't a Laker. Thanks.

Archived