2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, 49er pride said:

I don't think anyone here likes what the FO is doing. I just find it funny that we are the potential favorites to win it all but you're so focused on the FO instead of the potential end result. 

Well I think the Lakers fell backwards into being a good situation, simply because of Lebron.  I don't think the Laker FO did a shrewd job of putting this together.  

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Both. Just like Celtics players are signing there for its FO and its storied history.  Though those reasons aren’t necessarily equal-weighted.

Do you think Jerry Buss and Jerry West had nothing to do with players wanting to play for LAL either?

Storied history? Sure. Front office? Definitely not. That place has been a MESS the last few years. the whole argument stemmed from someone saying "Pelinka isn't doing a bad job! He got Lebron!" Pelinka had nothing to do with Lebron going to LA.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Storied history? Sure. Front office? Definitely not. That place has been a MESS the last few years. the whole argument stemmed from someone saying "Pelinka isn't doing a bad job! He got Lebron!" Pelinka had nothing to do with Lebron going to LA.

So why did Kawhi want to be traded there before LeBron even became a FA?

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Boston is a decent market and I literally said we’ve NEVER been a FA destination. No one is scrambling to live in Boston. You literally proved my point, thanks big guy.

Lakers got Lebron because they’re the Lakers. It’s not a positive reflection on the current front office.

Except you've literally gone down and discredited every single move Magic and Pelinka did.  You've taken the time to say the deal to move Mozgov to Brooklyn was a no brainer, because it cleared room for a max FA contract.  When they moved Jordan Clarkson to Cleveland, it opened up a second max FA slot.  Yet, it's all because of the Lakers.  If you're incapable of giving credit or finding the positives, it's because you're trying not to.  And it's incredibly obvious.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

BECAUSE THEYRE THE LA LAKERS

And yet no big time FA wanted to play under Jim Buss, so obviously just being the Lakers isn’t enough.

I’m not saying Pelinka/Jeanie are Jerry West / Jim Buss reborn, but they are a positive factor in our recent recruiting success. 

59 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, we got them because of our front office. That’s exactly my point. Boston isn’t a FA destination, nothing special about living in Boston. Trying to use AD and Lebron to justify Pelinka not being a moron isn’t getting them anywhere.

Nor is using a stupid BSPN article to make the argument that Pelinka is a moron either.  You refuse to give any credit to Pelinka (or anyone else in the FO) because you refuse to look at this objectively.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Nor is using a stupid BSPN article to make the argument that Pelinka is a moron either.  You refuse to give any credit to Pelinka (or anyone else in the FO) because you refuse to look at this objectively.

You keep referring to some "BSPN" article that legitimately no one has ever mentioned. I don't think anyone even has a clue what you're referencing.

45 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Again, I could’ve signed Lebron to the Lakers. It took them zero effort, he wanted to go there. After he went there AD followed suit. If AD hadn’t demanded his way to LA he’d be in Boston right now.

And you've failed to mention the moves in between, which you'll give no credit for.  The Lakers started with two of the worst contracts in the NBA in Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov and turned that into LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and $32M in cap space.  But as usual, no credit because anyone could have done it.  Let's move on past this dog and pony show.

34 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The 4 years of disaster under Jim Buss? Couldn’t tell you. He did manage to line up deals for some superstars though. CP3 got nixed, Howard got treated like dirt and couldn’t handle Kobe/LA. Also, could’ve had Paul George but the terrible ownership pulled the “well just wait and sign him” instead of giving up an asset to lock him down.

Like do Lakers fans actually think Lebron signed there because of the front office? Y’all can’t be that delusional right?

Lulz.  You don't actually think Kevin Pritchard was dealing Paul George to the Lakers for anything short of a Lakers' godfather offer do you?

22 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why is it so tough for Lakers fans to accept that Pelinka is a shmuck. Guys want to be there because it’s LA not because Pelinka pitches them some master plan and they’re so impressed with what he’s done in his short lived tenure.

Because you haven't even presented a SINGLE iota of evidence that suggests he is.  And if you post that stupid BSPN article I'm going to pull my hair out...

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And you've failed to mention the moves in between, which you'll give no credit for.  The Lakers started with two of the worst contracts in the NBA in Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov and turned that into LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and $32M in cap space.  But as usual, no credit because anyone could have done it.  Let's move on past this dog and pony show.

Stretching Luol Deng was one of the worst moves Pelinka has made lmao. The Mozgov deal isn't on him, but having to package D-Lo to get rid of it? OOF. Why would I give Pelinka credit for sitting on his thumbs and watching Lebron walk into town?

Archived