2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

19 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yet none of you will answer the question.

Do you think Lebron signed in LA because of the front office or because they're the LA Lakers?

I think it was the branding, but I think he also saw what this roster could become.  He saw a roster with several notable young players, pick flexibility, and cap flexibility.  There was easily a roster that could be turned over if the right second star became available.  You think he's going to the Lakers to a roster that's maxed out with guys like Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov on bloated contracts?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think it was the branding, but I think he also saw what this roster could become.  He saw a roster with several notable young players, pick flexibility, and cap flexibility.  There was easily a roster that could be turned over if the right second star became available.  You think he's going to the Lakers to a roster that's maxed out with guys like Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov on bloated contracts?

I don't think he would've cared who else was on the roster. He wanted to be in LA, plain and simple. Continue giving Pelinka credit for the job a monkey could've done though. Watch out, Woj is out to get you guys!

Also, its fairly obvious Pelinka didn't understand the cap rules but you keep defending that. The deal was done and released and then days later...The Lakers start trying to find a 3rd team? lol. It would've been a 3 team deal from the get go if Pelinka knew what the hell he was doing.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'm not trolling. Pelinka hasn't done anything to deserve praise. He sat on his thumbs and let Lebron walk through the front door. Wow, very impressive.

Ya, so what are you arguing? No one is disputing that. But you keep going back to it and dodging anything else brought to you. You're the king of that, btw.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yep.  He'll find a way to knock Pelinka even if they get Kawhi tbh

Its not a knock on Pelinka. It just isn't because of him. You can't give Pelinka credit for Lebron going to LA, and AD forcing his way there. Thats not a reflection of Pelinka being good at his job...Its just dudes wanting to play for the Lakers.

Pelinka not understanding cap rules that dudes on a message board understood? Yeah, thats Pelinka being bad at his job.

1 minute ago, 49er pride said:

Ya, so what are you arguing? No one is disputing that. But you keep going back to it and dodging anything else brought to you. You're the king of that, btw.

I'm arguing with the people who ARE giving Pelinka credit for that, which clearly isn't you so I don't see why you forced yourself into the argument if you don't even know what its about? Move along buddy.

29 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yet none of you will answer the question.

Do you think Lebron signed in LA because of the front office or because they're the LA Lakers?

Neither. Because he wanted to live in LA, and make more easy connections to Hollywood for his career after basketball.

18 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its the truth? You dumped 3 rookies. One was a first round pick, one was a second round pick and one was UDFA. You had to give up a draft pick to dump 3 guys with upside that you had invested picks on, thats costly. You keep saying Woj said it was impossible for LA to find a 3rd team, he legitimately never said that. He said it would be difficult and costly, this Woj hates the Lakers bit is pathetic.

Lakers fans were parading around talking about how they had all the leverage and they wouldn't have to move close to what the media was saying they would, yet here we are. Pelicans got the two best assets plus a treasure chest of draft picks down the line.

No one is believing ESPN, we're discussing what happened. You have this insecurity because Woj isn't just mindlessly blowing the Lakers. The dude has legitimately just reported the information that he's been given and you're crying about it on a message board.

3 rookies, none of whom are going to get any burn on a championship-caliber team.  They don't have any value to give the Lakers, because ideally they're buried on the bench.  They're wasted roster spots, but more importantly they're a waste of cap space.  They don't have any value to the Lakers.  IF the Lakers strike out on Kawhi Leonard, maybe you could make the argument that it was costly, but even then I'd disagree.  If the Lakers get Kawhi to come on board, that's a deal they do 11 times out of 10.  Best case scenario, you're probably declining Mo Wagner's option and both expire after next season.  Trying to pretend a SRP that far in the future is costly to dump some salary they don't want is ridiculous, especially when the Heat just dumped a FRP on the Clippers to shed Mo Harkless's contract.

For the upteenth time, I didn't say Woj hates the Lakers.  I've just said he's got some really pro-Clippers source, which is why we're getting all this negative Lakers' attention.  He kept parroting that the Lakers couldn't get cap space for a max FA, and after multiple people who understood the salary cap better, he talked about how teams weren't going to jump into the Anthony Davis trade to create room for the Lakers to take his salary via trade instead of swallowing him into cap space.  Did you not watch how the Lakers' cap space projections continue to consistently dwindle?  It went from $23M to $20M to $19M over the course of two days I think.  That's not reporting facts.  That's reporting with a bias.

It's amazing that the Lakers package is suddenly super attractive when you said YOURSELF that the Lakers' young pieces suck and the picks weren't anything overly valuable.  Never change Mookie.  Never change.

No, I'm not crying.  I'm tired of hearing you consistently repeat the drivel that comes out of ESPN without doing an IOTA of evidence to support your argument.  It's something you learn in middle school.  Your argument needs to be supported by facts.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'm arguing with the people who ARE giving Pelinka credit for that, which clearly isn't you so I don't see why you forced yourself into the argument if you don't even know what its about? Move along buddy.

Rob does deserve some credit though along with the blame. Did he screw up by not knowing the trade cap deadlines, yes. Did he fix it, yes. Is he terrible, yes. But he has done some good things. 

But keep dodging! 

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You keep referring to some "BSPN" article that legitimately no one has ever mentioned. I don't think anyone even has a clue what you're referencing.

Than name a SINGLE iota of evidence that Pelinka is an idiot?  I'll be waiting.

Archived