2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Lance Stephenson will go back to LA.

Rondo will probably go back.

Korver (has his agent trying to get back to Bron.) 

KCP

Don't forget JR Smith

Forwards (to do some grunt work) 

Marcus Morris

R. Hollis-Jefferson 

Parker

I could see Vince Carter jumping on for a playoff push. 

Gasol

Cousins

McGee

There are still options for the Lakers not saying I want it to happen, just some individuals will latch on

So as I said they're going to lack a secondary creator/playmaker that can create their own offense. Look at how that worked out last year, the Lakers were 28-27 with LeBron on the floor and a big part of that was they had no one else that could consistently get their own buckets. 

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Kyrie was always going to play in NY IMO. I also think Boston is one of few teams that could woo Kemba away because of their unique mix of young talent, scheme fit, and role offered (focal point of the team), which none of which applies to the Lakers. IMO it was Boston or Charlotte for Kemba, but I am obviously just speculating on that. 

For me, its depth wins championships. GS has had it. Toronto had it when GS didnt losing Cousins, Klay, and KD at various points. Those Spurs teams always had it. Each title holder has had those really important role players behind the superstars that bring it together. 

Depth and elite defense are two of the most overlooked aspects of championship teams. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

So as I said they're going to lack a secondary creator/playmaker that can create their own offense. Look at how that worked out last year, the Lakers were 28-27 with LeBron on the floor and a big part of that was they had no one else that could consistently get their own buckets. 

Bigger part was their defense completely fell off after he returned from his injury and losing Ball was a big reason for that.

When healthy, their big flaw was the lack of outside shooting. Defensively they were very good but man were they terrible from down town. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Rondo can create and his 3 ball improved last year. I was hoping to bring him back but off the bench. Not sure how much J Cross over got much left in the tank. Kuzma is way too inconsistent to trust as a shot creator / maker. AD might have to take on that role. He is already got PG like skill sets and has been working on his 3 ball this summer.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bigger part was their defense completely fell off after he returned from his injury and losing Ball was a big reason for that.

When healthy, their big flaw was the lack of outside shooting. Defensively they were very good but man were they terrible from down town. 

Also, second worst free throwing shooting team in the entire league. I watched damn near every laker game this season and I never seen a team so bad at FTs. Most of the playoff teams are within the top 10 in FT % made. Lonzo shot worse than Shaq from the line.

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Rondo can create and his 3 ball improved last year. I was hoping to bring him back but off the bench. Not sure how much J Cross over got much left in the tank. Kuzma is way too inconsistent to trust as a shot creator / maker. AD might have to take on that role. He is already got PG like skill sets and has been working on his 3 ball this summer.

Rondo can create for others but he's a non-shooter/non-scorer. AD is not going to be on the perimeter creating for others off the bounce, get real. As I've said before the only years we've seen LeBron actually win a title he had another elite perimeter player that can score and create for others. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Even before he got hurt and when he was on the court they were a fringe playoff team though.

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

While true, I could see Morey giving up a 1st rounder for Iggy knowing everything is there for the taking with the Warriors not being the same team. Granted, Kawhi going to the Lakers changes things but he may still want to go for it.

I do find it funny how everyone keeps saying the Clippers are out. Like I think he re-signs, but it is funny how the Clippers are "out" when no one truly knows what he's going to do. The other two teams have certainly sent out more leaks. 

Iggy is making $17-18 million. 1st round pick won't cut it.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Interesting that he landed in San Diego and not Los Angeles... 

Doesn't he live in San Diego? They brought him home lol. I don't see why he would announce he is staying in Toronto from California, but I also am not sure why he would have stayed in Toronto for an extra day. 

I think he is going to the Lakers

Just now, JBURGE said:

Doesn't he live in San Diego? They brought him home lol. I don't see why he would announce he is staying in Toronto from California, but I also am not sure why he would have stayed in Toronto for an extra day. 

I think he is going to the Lakers

I'm not sure where he lives. Maybe he wanted to come home, talk more with his family, and then make his decision. IIRC almost every top FA has made their decision in LA or NYC in recent years. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Rondo can create for others but he's a non-shooter/non-scorer. AD is not going to be on the perimeter creating for others off the bounce, get real. As I've said before the only years we've seen LeBron actually win a title he had another elite perimeter player that can score and create for others. 

You don’t have to be on the perimeter to create for others. You use AD in a PnR to draw a switch on a smaller defender which will draw help and thus leave somebody open. AD is an excellent passer. Learn the game. Back to Rondo, dont really need him scoring. Just him setting people up will take some load off LeBron. Surround rondo with shooters and there wont be no issue.

Yeah nobody is arguing that. Its a perimeter player league now though you can make that case with just about anybody whose won a ring recently. You either going need good depth or 2 elite shot creators to win.

Just now, indifference said:

You don’t have to be on the perimeter to create for others. You use AD in a PnR to draw a switch on a smaller defender which will draw help and thus leave somebody open. AD is an excellent passer. Learn the game. Back to Rondo, dont really need him scoring. Just him setting people up will take some load off LeBron. Surround rondo with shooters and there wont be no issue.

Yeah nobody is arguing that. Its a perimeter player league now though you can make that case with just about anybody whose won a ring recently. You either going need good depth or 2 elite shot creators to win.

LeBron's aging now and needed another creator in his prime to win titles but now an older LeBron is going to do it in the Western Conference with Rajon Rondo as the #2 option on the perimeter??? Meh... 

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The only time that he has won titles he has had an elite guard that can create his own offense. Wade averaged 22 + 5 both years the Heat won the title and Kyrie averaged 20 + 5 the year the won the title and went off in the finals. 

It’s extremely difficult to win in today’s NBA with only one playmaker on the floor. AD is definitely a lot of help but he’s a big man, not a guard/playmaker that can handle the rock and create offense for others. He’s clearly one of the greatest of all time but when the playoffs roll around he’ll be 35.5 with 19 seasons of NBA basketball on his body. Do you really want him to be the primary creator/only creator on the team? The Lakers should’ve played it safe and went after Kyrie/Kemba/DLo.

Elite player or elite isolation scorer? One is true and the other is not.

Archived