2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, CWood21 said:

Honestly, no.  If Paul George wasn't traded, where does Kawhi sign?  Based off of Woj's comments, it seems like it was the Lakers.

Why would he care where Paul George went? Isn't Lebron and AD more appealing than that? Or do you think him not even meeting with Pelinka and the Lakers front office continuing to show their arses by leaking everything was the nail in the coffin?

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Players who have truly earned 'superstar' status for their on the court play (I'll ignore all the off the court stuff for now) are guys like LeBron James, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, etc.  You have to preform at a high level.  All of those guys have done that outside of Harden in the postseason.  The thing about Harden is he leads the league in scoring and is an MVP player. 

LeBron James didn't even make the playoffs in his 2nd season, James Harden averaged 13.7 ppg in the playoffs during his 2nd season, Kawhi averaged 13.5 as a 2nd year player in the playoffs. I guess none of those guys should've been superstars either? Am I doing this right? 

Every person recovers differently because everyone body is made differently. Seems obvious I know, but it has to be said as it relates to Klay Thompson. There is a reacclimatizing period once a guy is back on the court in regular season games. Put aside conditioning for a minute and just consider the mental aspect od the game. Klay has to be comfortable and acclimated to a point where he is thinking strategically in the moment at the all-star level he was at just a month ago. To expect him to step onto the court and have it down and be the same player without normal aging and wear/tear is unrealistic.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol yes I know.... and you're tolerable when you aren't talking about the Lakers ;)

I'll be done after today tbh. At least with the unreasonable knocking. It'll go back to just a weekly "Hey Pelinka really sucks" when something comes up

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Woj LITERALLY said that Paul George wouldn't have gone to the Clippers without another star, but Woj has been talking about how the Clippers were a no brainer.  Which is it?

Woj is paid by the Clippers and a Lakers/LeBron hater bro. That's why Kawhi was 95% signing with the Lakers, right bro?

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Why would he care where Paul George went? Isn't Lebron and AD more appealing than that? Or do you think him not even meeting with Pelinka and the Lakers front office continuing to show their arses by leaking everything was the nail in the coffin?

Because he clearly wanted the Clippers, but wasn't going to go alone.  He wanted his cake and to eat it too.  Can't fault him for that.  The anti-Paul George if you will.

Just now, NYRaider said:

LeBron James didn't even make the playoffs in his 2nd season, James Harden averaged 13.7 ppg in the playoffs during his 2nd season, Kawhi averaged 13.5 as a 2nd year player in the playoffs. I guess none of those guys should've been superstars either? Am I doing this right? 

Those guys were not super star level players those seasons either. Mitchell is on track but regardless of that isn't there yet.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm pretty sure I read a tweet that said otherwise.  Can't find it now.

We can speculate all we want at the end of the day the two hometown boys that wanted to be "Lakers" are Clippers now. The Lakers are the second franchise in LA now bro, get used too it. 

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

Why would he want the Clippers over the Lakers?

I don't know, ask him.  I think he wanted to be the guy on a winner in Los Angeles.  He wasn't going to be the guy in LA with LeBron.  At least not until he retires or falls off the face.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm pretty sure I read a tweet that said otherwise.  Can't find it now.

Yeah you're correct, the reports are that Kawhi was joining the Lakers unless Clippers got George in a trade first. Another part of the reason for the drawn out wait on a free agency decision.

Archived