2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Rajon Rondo/Danny Green/LeBron James/Anthony Davis/DeMarcus Cousins vs. Patrick Beverley/Landry ShametPaul George/Kawhi Leonard/Ivica Zubac.  Or at least that's what ESPN has listed.

Well, yea, then the Lakers starting lineup is probably more talented.  Clippers have a nice starting lineup and maybe it fits better.  I don't know much about Shamet, but outside of him that team is pretty good.  I'm a big Beverley guy.

Cousins should come off the bench.  That would be better, imo.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What is the Clippers rotation projected to be this year?

Beverly-George-Leonard-Zubac always starting. 5th will usually be Shamet, but Harkless will start some depending on matchups. Could also still bring back JaMychal Green and he'd start at the 4 and be their small-ball 5.

Bench consisting of:

Williams-Harrell-Shamet/Harkless-McGruber-Robinson

Just need a backup 1.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

We all agree the Jazz are going to improve, but wait, what about Mitchell/Ingles > LeBron/AD?

Even with those drastic improvements, it's still less expected and probably less likely too that the Jazz will be able to win a best of seven game series in the playoffs against the Lakers. You love to ignore the fact that all of these stats don't account for LeBron James and Anthony Davis playing together. Those guys played on separate team in 2018 and now they're together with an impressive collection of other talent to matchup with the Jazz as well.

We'll have to wait and see. All I know is the Jazz enter the season with an elite defense, 3 top 25 players, a great group of role players, and one of the best coaches in the league. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Beverly-George-Leonard-Zubac always starting. 5th will usually be Shamet, but Harkless will start some depending on matchups. Could also still bring back JaMychal Green and he'd start at the 4 and be their small-ball 5.

Bench consisting of:

Williams-Harrell-Shamet/Harkless-McGruber-Robinson

Just need a backup 1.

That's really solid. They should target Jeremy Lin or Trey Burke. 

I think LeBron and Davis is slightly a better duo than Kawhi and George.  The rest of the Clippers team is better, though.  To me, the biggest wildcard piece is DeMarcus Cousins.  He came back from his Achilles injury last season.  Now, he'll have a full off-season, camp, etc and will get to play all year.  If he's closer to being back to the player he once was, that could really swing the balance to the Lakers side.

Either way, it's really close to call right now. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I think LeBron and Davis is slightly a better duo than Kawhi and George.  The rest of the Clippers team is better, though.  To me, the biggest wildcard piece is DeMarcus Cousins.  He came back from his Achilles injury last season.  Now, he'll have a full off-season, camp, etc and will get to play all year.  If he's closer to being back to the player he once was, that could really swing the balance to the Lakers side.

PG13 was top 3 in MVP and DPOY voting last year and Kawhi went god mode and won Finals MVP. AD has never shown that he can be the focal point on a good/elite team and LeBron will be 35.5 with 19 seasons worth of basketball on his body when the playoffs roll around. Boogie is like Carmelo Anthony at center, stops the ball, gets toasted in P-N-R defense. The Lakers will be at their best with AD at the 5, LeBron on the floor, and 3 shooters around them. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

We'll have to wait and see.

That's ALL we've been saying, at least @showtime and I.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

All I know is the Jazz enter the season with an elite defense, 3 top 25 players, a great group of role players, and one of the best coaches in the league. 

Again, there is no disputing any of this. It's the specific matchup in a hypothetical playoff series against the best of the best like the Lakers, Clippers or Nuggets that we have to take into consideration the opponents talent level and how well they matchup. As good as the Jazz are, this is a parity season which is what everyone is talking about here and all over every sports media platform. The favorites are typically the elite teams with proven superstars. That's why the Jazz are lesser favorites than those two or three other teams.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Clippers get an edge from continuity versus the Lakers squad that is largely freshly assembled. Even with some championship pedigree on the Lakers roster and a few players that have played together before, 2019 is still going to be an adjustment but they're still the second best team anyways.

My goodness. You NBA fanboys b*tch and moan as much as the players these days do. Basketball has been unbearable since the turn of the decade, and it looks like that's trickled down to those who still follow it. This thread is embarrassing for some you. For the first time in a long time, this game night be watchable again with every that's happened this off-season. Now quit acting like bridge scouting morons or go post on Facebook..

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

My goodness. You NBA fanboys b*tch and moan as much as the players these days do. Basketball has been unbearable since the turn of the decade, and it looks like that's trickled down to those who still follow it. This thread is embarrassing for some you. For the first time in a long time, this game night be watchable again with every that's happened this off-season. Now quit acting like bridge scouting morons or go post on Facebook..

🇺🇸

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

That's ALL we've been saying, at least @showtime and I.

Again, there is no disputing any of this. It's the specific matchup in a hypothetical playoff series against the best of the best like the Lakers, Clippers or Nuggets that we have to take into consideration the opponents talent level and how well they matchup. As good as the Jazz are, this is a parity season which is what everyone is talking about here and all over every sports media platform. The favorites are typically the elite teams with proven superstars. That's why the Jazz are lesser favorites than those two or three other teams.

The Jazz have Mitchell who has done more in 2 years than most of the "proven" superstars in the league with almost little to no help offensively. 

Just now, 49er pride said:

Not when Mitchell shoots the jazz out of games. 

27/5/5 on 45% FG and 42% FG the 2nd half of the season last year but sure buddy. He carried Rubio and Ingles to the playoffs. LeBron had two other 18+ ppg guys and couldn't even crack 40 wins... Sad. Lmao.

Archived