The NEXT series after GOT ends ?

Bearguy

As you are all aware G-O-T is coming to an end.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what could replace it ?

And, for any movie/tv people out there you can use my idea free of charge !

I vote for " The Dumarest Saga", a series of books set in a far, far distant time about a guy who is trying to get back to his home planet.

Lots of blood, violence and sex, and a group of baddies !

I started reading the series in the late 70s, but time and television seem to have passed it by !

10 minutes ago, Bearguy said:

I vote for " The Dumarest Saga", a series of books set in a far, far distant time about a guy who is trying to get back to his home planet.

I started reading the series in the late 70s, but time and television seem to have passed it by !

I mean... The spin off could be an obvious choice but I'm not sure when that is scheduled to start.

I'm personally interested in what HBO has in mind with Watchmen. The graphic novel and movie were both well ahead of their time, so the TV show could be another big hit.

Also - this topic could be better served in the Entertainment forum.

• Like 5

Thanks for that heads up, I will try to find that book series.

And, being a senile non-techie, if I knew how to move it to Entertainment, I would. But I am still getting used to a quill pen and sheets of parchment.

Maybe a moderate minded moderator will take pity on me and magic it to the correct place.

Thanks

• Like 2

This guy is too polite for this forum. Alliteration is the easiest way to get a football from me too. 

I don't see anything immediately filling the void that GOT leaves behind when it's finished but something will rise up and be the next big thing within 2-3 years. 

Edited by skywindO2

2 hours ago, Bearguy said:

I thought GOT did turn into the Dumarest Saga by the end 

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This guy is too polite for this forum. Alliteration is the easiest way to get a football from me too. 

I don't see anything immediately filling the void that GOT leaves behind when it's finished but something will rise up and be the next big thing within 2-3 years. 

Thanks for the kind words about my being polite. My mum told me that I should be polite to strangers ! However, once you become a friend the politeness disappears as quickly as snowflakes in the Sahara.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The Accursed Kings series

I had not heard of that, so I just Wiki`d it, and read that it was the original inspiration for GOT, and that it had also had two series on Frog tv, so that I am sorry that I can't allow that as being "New"

And, on a separate thought, how did George Martin find time to write GOT as well as being the producer for the Beatles albums ?

You are going to be awarded a bronze (plastic), star for adding a series to my " must read" list. I would have been a Gold (real gold) medal, until I read that it has already been commissioned by Sony/Amazon, 

11 minutes ago, Bearguy said:

You are going to be awarded a bronze (plastic), star for adding a series to my " must read" list. I would have been a Gold (real gold) medal, until I read that it has already been commissioned by Sony/Amazon, 

oh god, not Sony.