2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

29 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Don't be mad at me for thinking the dubs could use a guy that can move. The Warriors are in trouble either way with 2 of their stars hurt. I wouldn't argue otherwise. 

Nugs era is just beginning my dude. Gotta fail along the way to get to the top. 

You are mad at the reasoning for the signing...In reality, it was an upside signing nothing more nothing less. If he gives nothing and is hampered by the injury? Oh well, but if he gets healthy enough? Now that is a big boost.

30 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Rockets are sick that this is when the injuries finally happen lmao 

Nah, they played five quarters without KD and got smacked. Forget that, they had their shot and couldn't take advantage. Raptors are flat out better than the Rockets. 

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

The only person who's legacy improves in Kawhi for how amazing he's been. The rest comes down to the Warriors playing with half a team.

Who's else legacy should improve? Kyle Lowry? Is he all of a sudden a HOFer if they win or something? Rings tend to only matter to the star players anyways.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You are mad at the reasoning for the signing...In reality, it was an upside signing nothing more nothing less. If he gives nothing and is hampered by the injury? Oh well, but if he gets healthy enough? Now that is a big boost.

Nah, they played five quarters without KD and got smacked. Forget that, they had their shot and couldn't take advantage. Raptors are flat out better than the Rockets. 

Who's else legacy should improve? Kyle Lowry? Is he all of a sudden a HOFer if they win or something? Rings tend to only matter to the star players anyways.

Let's put it this way...does this title mean more, less or the same to you than if the Raptors were to beat the Warriors at full strength? If the answer is more/same stop quoting me because w won't agree on it. If it's less you agree with me.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Let's put it this way...does this title mean more, less or the same to you than if the Raptors were to beat the Warriors at full strength? If the answer is more/same stop quoting me because w won't agree on it. If it's less you agree with me.

Title means the same...Would be more memorable taking down a healthy KD led Warriors team.

Now answer my question, if the Raptors beat a healthy Warriors team, who's legacy would be improving with the win aside from Kawhi? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Title means the same...Would be more memorable taking down a healthy KD led Warriors team.

Now answer my question, if the Raptors beat a healthy Warriors team, who's legacy would be improving with the win aside from Kawhi? 

Yeah, we don't agree at all. I value context. As for your question, literally everyone.

Alright I understand a lot of the point being made and this is how you feel then whatever I’m not gonna be looking to change anyone’s mind here. 

Lets not crown the raptors up 2-1. Talking about the legitimacy of a championship after 3 games isn’t something we need to be talking about right now. 

Klay and/or KD could be back game 4. We should be focusing on the upcoming game. The Warriors are still a dominant team. 

A lot of people are still anticipating the raptors to choke and GS to win the series but seem to be hedging now with the well yea but... It’s pretty infuriating tbh but again I can’t change that. 

Klay’s injury is the big factor. Look in this thread people were still saying before the finals started that Warriors were going to win in 5 even if KD doesn’t play. 

Several people said jokingly perhaps but I’m sure some truly believe GS is better without KD anyways here. 

Toronto beat GS in game one with Klay and had every opportunity to beat them game 2. 

Toronto won game 3 they beat who was in front of them I mean it’s what you do right I sorta feel like what 2015 warriors fans feel they seem to have each round diminished with at least 1 key injury. 

Kyle Lowry and Kawhi Leonard have played almost the entire playoffs with injury the severity of what Kawhi is dealing with is unknown but for the past three series Kyle Lowry’s hand injury has been described has very bad. Kyle Lowry does actually deserve credit for this as he’s been mostly good with his usual bad shooting game mixed in throughout these playoffs win or lose. 

Toronto beat Philly and Milwaukee 2 of the 6 best teams in the nba this year and both in pretty dramatic fashion. No one gives them credit for that. Some people are pissed about how lucky Toronto was to win that Philly series and people are still saying the bucks played zero good games that bucks series and refuse to give credit. I mean if Giannis > Kawhi and Bucks role players > raps role players like how do you lose 4 games in a row?

This Toronto Team was a damn juggernaut all season long with or without Kawhi. 

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Actually yea, I could see it from that angle. From there it doesn't even look like he's trying to sell a foul either, his legs kicks out and he's knocked off balance and lands awkward.

he was definitely trying to sell it

you don't do the splits because someone gently touched your hip

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

People in Toronto will. I can't imagine anyone saying this is a significant part of history or some historic achievement. It's a weak title that no one except Kawhi will get much credit for.

the raptors have already beaten two very good teams

just cause the best team ever assembled is hurt doesn't mean it is a weak title

55 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, we don't agree at all. I value context. As for your question, literally everyone.

Winning without KD and Klay would dampen some excitement from people, merincluded,, but I don't care if Toronto win without KD. The Warriors would have won 50+ games without KD, I think everyone can agree on that after they swept the Blazers. I would sleep soundly at night if the Raps beat the 76ers, Bucks and splash bros to win their first title. 

2 hours ago, amac said:

I’m with this. You don’t just throw out all nuance when talking about a title because some fans will forget the circumstances. Credit to the Raptors for getting to this point but not all titles are equal accomplishments

you wouldn't be able to tell me all the players that got hurt against the warriors and the years they happened w/o looking it up. 

no one says the warriors have won 3 of the last 4 titles but only two really count. Or like the Spurs have won 5 titles in 15 years or so but they didn't play KD that one year or Westbrook another year etc.

I barely remember anything about Finals that happened more than 5 years ago.

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Winning without KD and Klay would dampen some excitement from people, merincluded,, but I don't care if Toronto win without KD. The Warriors would have won 50+ games without KD, I think everyone can agree on that after they swept the Blazers. I would sleep soundly at night if the Raps beat the 76ers, Bucks and splash bros to win their first title. 

If it was only KD I'd still value it as a huge accomplishment. No KD, Klay, Looney and hobbled Iggy/Cousins is too much though. It's not even that those guys are that good. The effect it has on depth is too extreme for me to say this would be some massive victory for Toronto if they pulled it off.

the warriors at full strength are so much better than almost every other title team. to me it doesn't really matter if they beat the warriors w/o kd, it still is incredible. and they have already beaten them with klay playing and almost did it again game 2. I think the raps could have easily beaten the warriors if kd never played this series. and the warriors w/o kd are still a championship level team

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If it was only KD I'd still value it as a huge accomplishment. No KD, Klay, Looney and hobbled Iggy/Cousins is too much though. It's not even that those guys are that good. The effect it has on depth is too extreme for me to say this would be some massive victory for Toronto if they pulled it off.

the raps already beat the warriors with klay and looney healthy. the same team that basically destroyed the rockets. And if you think iggy is injured do you not extend that same courtesy to kawhi?

29 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the raps already beat the warriors with klay and looney healthy. the same team that basically destroyed the rockets. And if you think iggy is injured do you not extend that same courtesy to kawhi?

One time. Sure, extend it to Kawhi as well. It's not close to what GS is going through.

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

The asterisk talk is silly. 

How many people still remember the circumstances of the first Warriors title in their current run? 

Probably any remotely knowledgeable NBA fan?

Archived