Jaguars Cut Down to 53

Adrenaline_Flux

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Every attempt? Did we address enough to even say that? Lol still pathetic though 

I mean, since 2013:

- Drafted Luke Joeckel (bust, but had injuries and was considered by almost everyone as the #1 draft prospect in 2013)
- Drafted Luke Bowanko (solid, injury issues, almost didn't include him since he was a late rounder though; traded to Baltimore today)
- Drafted Brandon Linder (worked out)
- Drafted AJ Cann (TBD, but not looking good atm)
- Drafted Cam Robinson (TBD, but looks promising)
- Signed Jermey Parnell (so-so)
- Traded for Branden Albert (lol)

Not counting the lower-end stuff. 

We definitely should have done more this past offseason, but to say they have done nothing and have failed at every attempt is pretty outlandish.

edit: Just realized I didn't include Beachum on here. He was solid last year as well, but it's up in the air on if declining his option was good or bad.

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

attempt can also count as free agents and striking out like with Mack and Zietler.

i bet our Line would look better if we didnt decline our option on beachum. 

I don't think we really went that hard with Mack last year. Want to get technical, we did sign him two years before that, but Cleveland matched. Mack wanted to be here and there was a good chance he would have came here in 2016 if we had still wanted him. Hindsight it was a bad call not to pursue him again, but he was coming off a very down year.

We should have went harder after Zeitler.

Beachum was solid last year but not special. Ultimately, I think we are better off with Cam long-term. Beachum wouldn't have prevented the drafting of Cam and Beachum didn't want to play guard.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I don't think we really went that hard with Mack last year. Want to get technical, we did sign him two years before that, but Cleveland matched. Mack wanted to be here and there was a good chance he would have came here in 2016 if we had still wanted him. Hindsight it was a bad call not to pursue him again, but he was coming off a very down year.

We should have went harder after Zeitler.

Beachum was solid last year but not special. Ultimately, I think we are better off with Cam long-term. Beachum wouldn't have prevented the drafting of Cam and Beachum didn't want to play guard.

no but that would allow Robinson or Beachum to be our RT and allowing us to cut Parnell or moving Parnell inside. 

Personally i was a touch higher on Lamp(i figured he would be a stud G Possible C and Possible starting Tackle(regardless of his arm length).  say we do keep beachum. we could go with lamp instead and its possible both were graded similiar with the big difference of robinsons potential to play LT.. plug Lamp into a Guard spot and maybe our Run offense isnt as bad. you know what im saying. 

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I mean, since 2013:

- Drafted Luke Joeckel (bust, but had injuries and was considered by almost everyone as the #1 draft prospect in 2013)
- Drafted Luke Bowanko (solid, injury issues, almost didn't include him since he was a late rounder though; traded to Baltimore today)
- Drafted Brandon Linder (worked out)
- Drafted AJ Cann (TBD, but not looking good atm)
- Drafted Cam Robinson (TBD, but looks promising)
- Signed Jermey Parnell (so-so)
- Traded for Branden Albert (lol)

Not counting the lower-end stuff. 

We definitely should have done more this past offseason, but to say they have done nothing and have failed at every attempt is pretty outlandish.

you forgot the Turnstill at LG Zane Beadles ;)

you think going 3 for 8 good? im not calling So-So as good.  3 for 8 is crap. 

Also, people are overlooking the Albert situation. If he was here and played likr last year we'd be in a different spot. He could have kicked inside or moved to RT or Cam could have done the same. That would have done wonders.

Not like we knew hed bust as hard as he did. 

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Also, people are overlooking the Albert situation. If he was here and played likr last year we'd be in a different spot. He could have kicked inside or moved to RT or Cam could have done the same. That would have done wonders.

Like you said in the other thread too, the NFL has an OL problem. It isn't just us (though we may have it worse than most). College OL technique is at an incredible low point and has been for a while. Not to mention, OL isn't like most NFL groups. OLs are typically judged as a collective unit rather than as individuals and it is hard to find five good guys who will play well together. 

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yea the Albert situation is definitely more than just bringing on someone that sucks. Who would have guessed it would have worked out this way?

33 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea the Albert situation is definitely more than just bringing on someone that sucks. Who would have guessed it would have worked out this way?

Albert has had injury problems but I honestly thought we had a very solid stop gap LT for the next couple years. Then we drafted Cam and it looked like a Tunsil situation Miami had last year. Kick Big Cam into guard, let him play by Albert and learn the craft, take over in a couple yrs.

Really just ended up being a terrible situation with Albert, but if he was on the roster our OL wouldn't be as in trouble as it is now. Cann hasn't improved like most wanted/hoped, but I never expected us to bring in anyone else to compete. I just expected Cann/Omameh/Shatley etc. to battle it out. Parnell had a strong final 6-7 games last year and Marrone and co. talked about it right after the season ended. Never expected a new RT in 2017 either, but more so possibly someone else next year.

37 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Like you said in the other thread too, the NFL has an OL problem. It isn't just us (though we may have it worse than most). College OL technique is at an incredible low point and has been for a while. Not to mention, OL isn't like most NFL groups. OLs are typically judged as a collective unit rather than as individuals and it is hard to find five good guys who will play well together. 

Yeah, most teams have problems along the OL. As you said, we are in a worse spot than most, but I wasn't expecting to drastically alter where we sit in the OL in one offseason (although a healthy/normal Albert and Cam at OG/RT could have made some headway imo).

This is exactly why although I want to see us bring in guys, people need to realize that these OL being cut are being cut for a reason. Maybe we can luck out and "fix" something we see on tape or they need a scheme change, but these teams aren't just going to cut quality OL on final cuts...because most of these teams have trouble up front just like we do.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Should know by 1PM tomorrow who we claimed. (If we claim anyone)

Claiming just involves guys 4 yrs and under in the league right? Even if we don't claim someone I expect us to sign a guy or two (maybe Boone? Not sure if he has much left at this point but gotta try something). Coughlin made it sound like the 53 definitely isn't set in his conference call today I believe as well.

Archived