Top 100 Player Countdown for 2019

DoleINGout

#58 Odell Beckham Jr.

Wide receiver on the Browns. Controversial withe New York media, some of the distractions are brought on by himself while many others were less so. Either way, Beckham is without a doubt one of the best receivers in the NFL but injuries have played a part in limiting his durability since entering the league as a rookie.

#57 Calais Campbell

Defensive lineman on the Jaguars. Moved from defensive interior to the edge upon joining the Jaguars a few seasons ago. Campbell is a consummate professional through and through. Still an elite defender up front with a huge impact on the rest of the team.

#55 Antonio Brown

Wide receiver on the Raiders. Before quitting on the Steelers amidst a playoff hunt at the end of 2018 and throwing his teammates under the bus publicly repeatedly, Brown was considered a flawless player without a negative impact to consider at all. At least that's what many perceived on the outside looking in. Always a savvy route runner with impeccable coordination, Brown's burners to threaten deep are slowly wearing out which may be one reason why he chose to preserve himself for this off-season when he would inevitably throw a tantrum to land himself with a franchise that would do anything to keep him. Well Raiders, good luck.

#54 Deshaun Watson

Quarterback for the Texans. Amazingly resilient coming off of several end of season torn ACL's since being drafted. A knack for pulling off comebacks and creating amazing plays with his arm and legs. Watson continues to refine his craft and learn with experience which means he should only chart higher in future rankings.

#53 Casey Hayward Jr.

Cornerback on the Chargers. Casey Hayward should probably be credited with helping aid the development of his teammates. Hayward is heralded far and wide by his contemporaries for being one of the most intelligent defensive backs. Hayward thrives and improves those around him by understanding everything that is happening on the football field.

#52 Ryan Kerrigan

Edge defender for the Redskins. Kerrigan is consistently productive year to year. High motor with relentless pursuit and a team leader whose given the Redskins what they needed to build their strong defense the last couple of years.

#51 Zach Ertz

Tight end for the Eagles. Dealt with rotating quarterbacks, struggled with a few nagging injuries early on, but Ertz has emerged from a crowded offense to be one of the most reliable and productive players at his position in the entire league. Proficient as a blocker and reliable as a receiver.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

DJ Swearinger has been such a polarizing safety since entering the league. His reputation is that he can't control himself enough to find consistency. Swearinger is fully capable of being where he is at in my rankings based on his intelligence first and foremost. Swearinger is a vocal presence in the secondary who generates a number of game changing plays. Excellent quickness/burst/reaction time, huge enforcing hitter, high points the balls and fools many of the smartest quarterbacks in the league. Just last season Swearinger was rated a mid-season All Pro by PFF. Notably intercepted Andrew Luck twice. I think part of the reason the All Pro pace wasn't maintained through the end of the year is because following the severe injury to Alex Smith, the Redskins season tanked in the last six games. The entire team was negatively affected by the circumstances surrounding their quarterback situation resulting in a regression from everybody in different ways.

Jamal Adams is a fantastic safety in his own right and absolutely a higher investment to the Jets than Swearinger is to the Cardinals. Both players are leaders, but Swearinger is more of a free safety ballhawk whereas Adams is more of a strong safety that plays closer to the line of scrimmage. If I want a one of them to defend the slot or deep zone of the field then I will go with Swearinger right now heading into 2019 which I think is more valuable in today's game. Otherwise, slot corners like Kenny Moore, Bradley Roby, and Bryce Callahan wouldn't be getting the contracts they have, to name a few.

Lastly, Swearinger is still in his prime at 27 years old. Gone are the days of cheap shots to Dustin Keller and Wes Welker for Swearinger. Although his outspoken nature landed him back with the Cardinals through waiver last December, I think there is something to be said for the attitude, nastiness, and tone that sets for a team in need of an identity like the rebuilt Cardinals. Jamal Adams at 23 is just entering his prime now, likely showing progress all over in coverage and efficiency. A lot of people already project Adams career out when ranking him, but based on the statistics, intelligence, and impact of a playmaker in coverage, I went with Swearinger for the start of 2019.

I've actually always felt that Swearinger was underrated because of his reputation, but man, you aren't giving Jamal Adams nearly enough credit. Are you using his age against him? At 23 he's already solidified himself as one of, if not the, best safety in the league. His tape is that good. Last year: 2nd team All-Pro, PFF first team All-Pro, and the #1 rated safety on NFL.com's "All Analytic" team. He finished top 5 among safeties in nearly every statistical category, and earned an 89.6 coverage grade from PFF which was good for I think 4th among safeties. I think your evaluation of Adams would have been fair after his rookie season, but he actually excelled in coverage last year.

Edited by NJC33

On 6/13/2019 at 8:23 PM, DoleINGout said:

#54 Deshaun Watson

Quarterback for the Texans. Amazingly resilient coming off of several end of season torn ACL's since being drafted. A knack for pulling off comebacks and creating amazing plays with his arm and legs. Watson continues to refine his craft and learn with experience which means he should only chart higher in future rankings.

Several? It was just the one since being drafted.

He tore one in college, maybe that's what you meant? 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Several? It was just the one since being drafted.

He tore one in college, maybe that's what you meant? 

That is what I meant. I was typing these up as I was posting so I must have put the incorrect information by mixing up the timeline.

• Like 1