Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Mwil I voted for you already because I genuinely believe you are scum. I don’t understand why I wouldn’t? 

Also Mwil if you were trying to draw a hit why didn’t you claim your character name last night? If the general belief is they have to know our character names to hit us? 

Like I've said multiple times. Dropping hints about roles you may or may not have in order to quote them later to "prove" what you were planning is literally doing nothing in 95% of the times I see it used.

Your moves/abilities can't be believed unless they're backed up with fact, they shouldn't be believed unless they're backed up with fact.

It's a waste of time, this is what I've been trying to say for the last couple games lol.

If you're being honest, it doesn't matter because too many other people aren't. Only the mafia knows you're town, so they might know you're being honest but none of your teammates will.

You need to have a way to verify what you're doing or what you've done. You can get creative with hidden font or hidden messages, you can set up something behind the scenes where you have an inside scoop based on a move and you can confirm your info that way, you can prematurely call your shot on a move that will have a writeup to verify you knew it was coming.

But at the end of the day if your move can't be verified your soft claim can't do anything to help you. I see it every game and I'm really unsure of why people keep trying it.

Usually people lay out multiple potential fake claims (for example, you thinking you could draw a hit as a cop/jailkeeper/vig/vengeful) when they use this kind of a tactic. All this does is confuse people to their real claim even more. Now we KNOW you're lying about some of them and have to be on high alert for that.

Mafia either knows it's true and kills you or uses it to push you if you can't be believed, civs ignore your reads and push you now too because it's just a guy saying "SEE?!?!" when nothing he's saying can be verified at this point in the game. You're also giving yourself multiple outs when you  are forced to claim, even if you know your intention was not that.

It's just a waste of time in most cases, that's all I'm saying. If you have to bring up something you said as "evidence" of something because nobody else picked up on it, you're probably doing it wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Also Mwil if you were trying to draw a hit why didn’t you claim your character name last night? If the general belief is they have to know our character names to hit us? 

Spicy. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Mwil I voted for you already because I genuinely believe you are scum. I don’t understand why I wouldn’t? 

Check out page 2 in TAST and go to the final Overwatch back and forth.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because I don't know if a block can altogether stop a death note kill (See Dome using his protection on Squire) but a block would give me some type of feedback. I also didn't want to outright claim my name because people can probably put 2 and 2 together that Shuichi Aizawa is a part of the NPA/Task Force as an investigator

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Check out page 2 in TAST and go to the final Overwatch back and forth.

Because I don't know if a block can altogether stop a death note kill (See Dome using his protection on Squire) but a block would give me some type of feedback. I also didn't want to outright claim my name because people can probably put 2 and 2 together that Shuichi Aizawa is a part of the NPA/Task Force as an investigator

But you were trying to draw a hit!? How does any of this matter?

Because I don't know if a block can altogether stop a death note kill (See Dome using his protection on Squire)

So you weren't trying to take a hit?

I also didn't want to outright claim my name because people can probably put 2 and 2 together that Shuichi Aizawa is a part of the NPA/Task Force as an investigator

The "Shuichi Aizawa is a part of the NPA/Task Force as an investigator" was copy/pasted from somewhere just like most of his claim was.

If has white highlight behind the font. You can see it when it's quoted.

Just now, Dome said:

The "Shuichi Aizawa is a part of the NPA/Task Force as an investigator" was copy/pasted from somewhere just like most of his claim was.

Yes, I copy pasted Shuichi Aizawa from the internet since we can't copy/past Malf's PMs. Also, only Shuichi Aizawa was copy/pasted. The rest I typed out. See how the rest of your own quote turned white once you typed behind it?

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Spicier 

Didn't you say that Malf told you/gave you some type of feedback even though Squire died???

You claimed you already used a move on pwny. You should know how it works. 

I literally got ZERO feedback last night on Dingo. Nothing.

And how is that different than what you got from Pwny?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yes, I copy pasted Shuichi Aizawa from the internet since we can't copy/past Malf's PMs. Also, only Shuichi Aizawa was copy/pasted. The rest I typed out. See how the rest of your own quote turned white once you typed behind it?

Why are you copy and pasting something from a wiki  page rather than just typing it out based on what malf sent you?