NBA 2K20

showtime

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That would be super lame.

Why?  Apparently it's going to take somewhere between 40-80 hours to hit it.  But from what I've heard, once you hit 95 overall.... when you lose games in the park, you lose overall.  You gain overalls from streaks.  Someone said it's going to be like 95.1, 95.2, etc.  So you have to do that to reach 99.

The people who play the game 18 hours a day and have a team will probably be able to hit 97 or something in a few days.  But everyone else won't be able to.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Why?  Apparently it's going to take somewhere between 40-80 hours to hit it.  But from what I've heard, once you hit 95 overall.... when you lose games in the park, you lose overall.  You gain overalls from streaks.  Someone said it's going to be like 95.1, 95.2, etc.  So you have to do that to reach 99.

The people who play the game 18 hours a day and have a team will probably be able to hit 97 or something in a few days.  But everyone else won't be able to.

I played 19 for months and never got higher than 92

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Personally I enjoy the grind.  Also I don’t want 1,000 99 ovrs running around the park. 

I don't enjoy the grind.  The grind last year was horrendous.  I was a 94 overall and I quit playing because the grind was so insane.  To go from 94 to 95 it takes way more time to go from that one level than it took all of 85-94.  It was absurd.

There won't be a bunch of 99 overall's in the park.  To get to 99 overall, you have to win a bunch of park games.  Most people aren't going to be able to do that.  I think you can get to 95 by grinding MyCareer and that's fair.  95 overall is still really high and now that's actually obtainable.  Last year 95 overall was not obtainable for like 97% of people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, showtime said:

This is a stretch build I made.  I made him taller, too - 6'10".  For all the people who saying stretch 4's are dead, think again.  AND this dude gonna be able to put on the Hall of Fame badges he wants to put on.  Get ready.

BULFTzB.jpg

So I made a PF with the Def/Shooting split.  6’9” with midsize wingspan.  Focus on agility.  He’s pretty good, I think I’m going to roll with it.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't enjoy the grind.  The grind last year was horrendous.  I was a 94 overall and I quit playing because the grind was so insane.  To go from 94 to 95 it takes way more time to go from that one level than it took all of 85-94.  It was absurd.

There won't be a bunch of 99 overall's in the park.  To get to 99 overall, you have to win a bunch of park games.  Most people aren't going to be able to do that.  I think you can get to 95 by grinding MyCareer and that's fair.  95 overall is still really high and now that's actually obtainable.  Last year 95 overall was not obtainable for like 97% of people.

when you put it that way it makes sense.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Wait... You HAVE to play in online games to get above a certain overall? That's bullcrap... No sports game should ever force you to play online...a lot of people (myself included) have no interest in playing in the online modes and I absolutely should not be punished for that...I paid the same damn price as everyone else.

31 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Wait... You HAVE to play in online games to get above a certain overall? That's bullcrap... No sports game should ever force you to play online...a lot of people (myself included) have no interest in playing in the online modes and I absolutely should not be punished for that...I paid the same damn price as everyone else.

I don't know for sure.  Maybe you don't.  I read that you do, but the game is not out yet so we'll have to wait and see.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

The article I read said that you will also level from 95 to 99 when you play NBA games against the computer.  But it will be slower upgrading than winning games online.  

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2019/08/21/visual-concepts-promises-to-ease-the-grind-in-mycareer 

The progression from 95 to 99 is much more weighted toward competitive players than those who prefer to dominate the CPU in the NBA games. You can still get up to 99 playing in the NBA eventually

Ah, okay.  That makes sense.  They put in a lot of park stuff because so many people complained that last year was just grinding vs the CPU, which it was. 

It's gonna be hard to get 99 online unless you're really good at the game or you play in a full squad, most likely. 

I changed my mind about going with the 3 & D PF as my main build.  As with last year it looks like you really need to specialize and be elite in 1 facet of the game in order to be good.  I'll probably run a pure shooting PF.  

I tried making an undersized athletic center at 6'10" thinking he could be versatile switching on defense, and I just felt completely undersized playing against WCS (who I think it 7'0").  I wonder if a pure rebounding undersized Center wouldn't be pretty good on the park though.  I figure there aren't going to be many user 7'0"+ in the game this year.