Depth Chart and Practice Squad

bucsfan333

40 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Kinda figured he was gone when we opted for Hansbrough.

McNichols was never able to get out of Koetter's doghouse.

Yes, I am surprsed considering they felt so good about him they signed Antoine Smith off the street instead when a roster spot opens.  I hope Barber is ready to go. Martin being off a month and the other two guys injury history, I expect Barber to get a shot.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Yes, I am surprsed considering they felt so good about him they signed Antoine Smith off the street instead when a roster spot opens.  I hope Barber is ready to go. Martin being off a month and the other two guys injury history, I expect Barber to get a shot.

did someone pick up McNichols?

There is no reason to play McCoy 60 to 70 snaps a game with this depth chart.  Literally, I count 5 other guys  that could play a decent amount of snaps at DT.  Pace him in the first half, so he has plenty left in the tank the last 10 minutes.  I thought the coaching staff didn't do a good enough job in this area last season. 

10 hours ago, ravishingone said:

There is no reason to play McCoy 60 to 70 snaps a game with this depth chart.  Literally, I count 5 other guys  that could play a decent amount of snaps at DT.  Pace him in the first half, so he has plenty left in the tank the last 10 minutes.  I thought the coaching staff didn't do a good enough job in this area last season. 

McDonald and Baker offer a little bit of pass rush, so we'll be able to give McCoy more breathers this year. He should have a big year if we can keep him fresh for the fourth quarter.

We're either super duper high on Griff or really low on Fitz. Or both. It seems odd to designate your backup QB to return from IR. Gotta think Fitz is gone if Griff can come back. Koetter has said a few times he only wants two QBs on the roster this year.

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It seems odd to have six. I think we usually have two offense, two defense, and one special teams guy. Unless one of Kwon or David are an extra Captain this week. Or maybe we're gonna roll with six.

Seems right. 5 Offense/Defense captains and 1 special teams captain. Eather way all 6 of these guys are deserving so I'm happy with this group.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Seems right. 5 Offense/Defense captains and 1 special teams captain. Eather way all 6 of these guys are deserving so I'm happy with this group.

They all definitely deserve it. Can't argue that.

We've got a strong team this year.

Archived