Landon Collins

ripsean21

Okay so hear me out on this one for the guys who don’t like paying a SS but when I translate this move to something in the past I’m gonna compare it to the Eagles going after Malcom Jenkins. They had a nice young front 7 all home grown and they paid Jenkins at the time who was just considered not a great CB not great safety but boy he’s been amazing for Philly!!!

I honestly expect huge things from this secondary with Norman and Collins. No Norman isn’t the best CB in the league but he’s a heck of a player and Collins is a All pro talent at SS. This guy isn’t great in coverage but he is good when healthy. The guys a leader and I think this is the beginning of something special on defense. Sweat is going to be a freak!!! We may or may not have the right coaching staff. But this year there’s no excuse this defense is talented!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Josh Norman isn't good anymore and has the potential to be a cancer, Landon Collins can't cover, none of our LBs can cover, Greg Manusky is still our DC.  

Then go canes 😂😂😂

the U or Redskins I’m cool with either!! I like Clemson cause that was the coolest visit ever but I’m still a U guy lol

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Josh Norman isn't good anymore and has the potential to be a cancer, Landon Collins can't cover, none of our LBs can cover, Greg Manusky is still our DC.  

"Here I come to save the day!"
Then you know Jeezy's on his way!

Collins is going to be a pro bowler. He's good at run D and covering the flats and TEs, which we need. I hope Nicholson, Apke, DRC or Everett can play at least average at FS.

Norman is ok, but he's not a game changer. He reminds of Carlos Rogers when we had him.

Edited by turtle28

On 7/11/2019 at 1:00 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

That just about sums it up.  Good post.  

The lack of linebackers and safeties who can cover is a huge issue, especially with the current TE's in the league and how teams utilize them, as well as RB's out of the backfield. 

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That just about sums it up.  Good post.  

The lack of linebackers and safeties who can cover is a huge issue, especially with the current TE's in the league and how teams utilize them, as well as RB's out of the backfield. 

I’m not really worried about covering TEs w/ Collins, JHC and SDH. 

Now Mason Foster is a worry, but I think the 3 above are at least decent in covering those areas, if not better than decent. Collins’s issue has never been covering short to intermediate, it’s that he’s not a good FS where he has to cover the deep routes downfield.