Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

Just now, skibrett15 said:

he's not even THAT bad of a starter.  I mean, he was bad, but not like all-time comically bad like Craig Krenzel or something

yes we did, week 17. 2 picks, 0 points.

Rodgers started that game. Played most of the first Q. If you don't get the practice reps with the 1s and have the game plan suited to your skillset, it's not a start.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers started that game. Played most of the first Q. If you don't get the practice reps with the 1s and have the game plan suited to your skillset, it's not a start.

this is true.

It's also the best interview for a backup QB you can possibly draw up, and the most likely scenario for what they will be called upon to do.  And he bombed worse than Hundley by a mile.

Backup QBs should also not turn the ball over when they get thrust into the game. It's part of their job, to come in when needed. Not only with first team reps. Not turning it over should be a priority... The priority.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

this is true.

It's also the best interview for a backup QB you can possibly draw up, and the most likely scenario for what they will be called upon to do.  And he bombed worse than Hundley by a mile.

You mean when Hundley came in for injured Rodgers and threw 3 picks in 30 passes? Lol the blind hatred for Kizer is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Backup QBs should also not turn the ball over when they get thrust into the game. It's part of their job, to come in when needed. Not only with first team reps. Not turning it over should be a priority... The priority.

Yes Norm that would be ideal. A backup QB that can routinely do that is a starting QB I'd argue.

Again the argument here isn't that Kizer is a good QB, it's that he's an average backup QB in the NFL, which just like Hundley, he is.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes Norm that would be ideal. A backup QB that can routinely do that is a starting QB I'd argue.

Again the argument here isn't that Kizer is a good QB, it's that he's an average backup QB in the NFL, which just like Hundley, he is.

Hundley actually looked pretty good to me when I watched him the other night. Maybe they're both "average." But at least we traded Hundley FOR pick instead of a super efficient tackling starting caliber safety. ;)

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Based on what?

He had a passer rating of 40 last year. He turned it over 3 times with 0 TDs. We scored 0 points with him in the game (IIRC, may have been a FG in the Bears game)

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Hundley actually looked pretty good to me when I watched him the other night. Maybe they're both "average." But at least we traded Hundley FOR pick instead of a super efficient tackling starting caliber safety. ;)

Darnell Savage is going to make you forget that Randall ever existed.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Based on what?

He had a passer rating of 40 last year. He turned it over 3 times with 0 TDs. We scored 0 points with him in the game (IIRC, may have been a FG in the Bears game)

Why do you keep bringing up the same inapplicable small sample size? Look at Hundley's first 50 passes, and that's after years in the system. Hundley is an average backup QB in this league.

To come into a game cold and without being involved in any game planning or practice with the 1s and be good doesn't happen.

Archived