Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Ok, that's one throw. You've got that, then you've got:

Super open, but that pocket is not doing him any favors. 

This one is great to contrast w/ Boyle's trip near his own endzone, when he fumbled a handoff.

And regarding the turnovers: so you can't argue on one hand that he made a bad throw on 4th down, then on another that we haven't had enough of a sample size to see him turnover the ball. That doesn't make sense.

1. How low are your expectations that you consider #1 a great play? The only way that play is anything better than average is if you're well and truly surprised he didn't take the DB's helmet to his chin. I'm not even sure he read the blitz. Off the play action, the slant behind the receivers is probably his first read anyway. 

2. Did he even see or feel the pressure? There were two receivers in the pattern, and one was wide open. What is the expectation? Should we be shocked that he managed to scribble with his crayons rather than eating them?

3. That's an NFL QB throw. Good anticipation and great ball placement. The problem is he mixes those in with complete crap all the time.

one of the biggest issues I saw was a play action boot early in the houston game where he is rolling left and the guy is out there in the flat.  He doesn't pull the trigger on the throw, and runs for 2 yards passing up 6.  Just basic execution errors.  

Is the guy uncovered? no.  Is he out there where he's supposed to be on time as the play is designed? Yes.  Pull the trigger and take your 6 yards or take your incomplete.  Run the play.

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. How low are your expectations that you consider #1 a great play? The only way that play is anything better than average is if you're well and truly surprised he didn't take the DB's helmet to his chin. I'm not even sure he read the blitz. Off the play action, the slant behind the receivers is probably his first read anyway. 

2. Did he even see or feel the pressure? There were two receivers in the pattern, and one was wide open. What is the expectation? Should we be shocked that he managed to scribble with his crayons rather than eating them?

3. That's an NFL QB throw. Good anticipation and great ball placement. The problem is he mixes those in with complete crap all the time.

I don’t know what to tell you man. What I’m seeing is that you’re questioning when he’s going to turn the ball over and did he even see pressure when he executes despite it. At some point you’ve got to be more objective.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

one of the biggest issues I saw was a play action boot early in the houston game where he is rolling left and the guy is out there in the flat.  He doesn't pull the trigger on the throw, and runs for 2 yards passing up 6.  Just basic execution errors.  

Is the guy uncovered? no.  Is he out there where he's supposed to be on time as the play is designed? Yes.  Pull the trigger and take your 6 yards or take your incomplete.  Run the play.

Sounds like Rodgers doesn’t know how to play QB either if that’s your bar.

• Like 1

Just now, deathstar said:

I don’t know what to tell you man. What I’m seeing is that you’re questioning when he’s going to turn the ball over and did he even see pressure when he executes despite it. At some point you’ve got to be more objective.

He's going to turn the ball over. You don't turn from Deshon Kizer to Aaron Rodgers in one off-season. The question is, can he go from Deshon Kizer to like  Blake Bortles? It's not like he's fixed the fundamental problems that have led to interceptions in the past. He's still throwing late and he's still missing high. Those are two characteristics that make interceptions happen.

Just like we all strongly suspect that Fackrell isn't going to be a stand out pass rusher this year because we know his sack numbers weren't sustainable with his pressure metrics, it's easily foreseeable that Kizer's INT woes are going to return if he keeps doing the predicative behaviors that lead to INTs. 

And I thought the Hundley haters we're annoying, my goodness.

He's a backup freaking QB, and a totally serviceable one at that.

You want a Fitzpatrick or a Bridgewater in camp? That's fine, but then you don't have one of Turner or Amos and either Josh Jones or Lucas Patrick are getting starter reps in camp. You OK with that?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You want a Fitzpatrick or a Bridgewater in camp? That's fine, but then you don't have one of Turner or Amos and either Josh Jones or Lucas Patrick are getting starter reps in camp. You OK with that?

would much prefer hundley

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Strangely enough, I seem to remember losing a starting caliber safety for the privilege of watching Kizer suck.