Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

37 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

He was trying to bring awareness to social injustice. Which he did and still continues to do. Quit crying.

"Quit crying"- lol. You are very comfortable with hypocrisy... So, you'd also be 100% behind counter political agendas, too. Right?

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Not sure how familiar you are with the organizations behind breast cancer awareness month, but let’s just say they have as many question marks as anyone. Let alone the armed forces. 

So, your response is a spin job non answer pushing an agenda... It's what I expected.

35 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I chose my words carefully and I said what I wanted to say, which is not the way you want to spin it. I don't like the words 'political agenda' and I did not say the things mentioned are the same thing.

It IS true that neither have anything to do with football.........and it IS true that one protest is individual (or some individuals) whereas the other is corporate charity.Please read my words again.

Now, enough of this, back to training camp.

I agree, you chose your words carefully. I asked you a simple yes or no question, and you fluffed up a spin job to fit your perspective... It's what I expected.

You are right about getting back to football. This nonsense is boring, and it's the last day camp is open to the public.

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

I agree, you chose your words carefully. I asked you a simple yes or no question, and you fluffed up a spin job to fit your perspective... It's what I expected.

You are right about getting back to football. This nonsense is boring, and it's the last day camp is open to the public.

A man throws a woman to the floor and beats her with his hands. Is that bad ? Simple yes or no answer.

Now let us provide context. The woman had accidentally set herself alight and the man was trying to beat out the flames to save her.  Sometimes yes/no answers don't tell the story. I aimed for clarity.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

36 minutes ago, Donzo said:

"Quit crying"- lol. You are very comfortable with hypocrisy... So, you'd also be 100% behind counter political agendas, too. Right?

1. The NFL is being paid for the patriotism you see by the government, the pentagon specifically

2. Of the sales generated from breast cancer awareness month only 8% actually goes to charity, the NFL keeps more than it gives.

3. Also I am pretty sure that everyone is 'aware' of cancer, calling it that is idiotic. 

Lastly social injustice is not a political issue. It is something that everyone should realize exists and we should all work to remedy it. Even if it were political, what is the counter political agenda you propose? Having an unnecessary patriotic demonstration before a game? That already happens...

Edited by TheBitzMan
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

1. The NFL is being paid for the patriotism you see by the government, the pentagon specifically

2. Of the sales generated from breast cancer awareness month only 8% actually goes to charity, the NFL keeps more than it gives.

3. Also I am pretty sure that everyone is 'aware' of cancer, calling it that is idiotic. 

Lastly social injustice is not a political issue. It is something that everyone should realize exist and we should all work to remedy it. Even if it were political, what is the counter political agenda you propose? Having an unnecessary patriotic demonstration before a game? That already happens...

Facts and Eloquence!  You just sailed over the heads of many.

Meanwhile.....

Our RB room is incredibly weak.  If we're going to rely on the oft-injured Jones to carry us we are in huge trouble. I'm advocating trading either WR Davis or OG Taylor for a second RB who has a little quickness/toughness.  If Carson makes this team then we are looking to next year already.  Would like to see Ken Dixon in our camp. (I know, he's always hurt too.)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Lastly social injustice is not a political issue. It is something that everyone should realize exists and we should all work to remedy it. Even if it were political, what is the counter political agenda you propose? Having an unnecessary patriotic demonstration before a game? That already happens...

Social injustice as a broad heading might not be a political issue, but the extent to which it is an issue and the proposed means of combating that issue are political in every sense. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Our RB room is incredibly weak.  If we're going to rely on the oft-injured Jones to carry us we are in huge trouble. I'm advocating trading either WR Davis or OG Taylor for a second RB who has a little quickness/toughness.  If Carson makes this team then we are looking to next year already.  Would like to see Ken Dixon in our camp. (I know, he's always hurt too.)

While I agree about adding another RB for an expendable position, I feel better about RB this year than I did last year regardless of the injuries. 

That being said, it doesn't seem like MLF is stoked with Dexter Williams at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Meanwhile.....

Or you go and get one at Home Depot like every other NFL team does when looking for a 2nd/3rd RB and you don't trade away NFL starters.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is Aaron Jones expected to receive the majority of snaps this season? Can we expect a breakout?

Yes.  But the key word is expected.  He has been limited to 12 games in each of his first two seasons, and has already missed time this offseason.  I don't think the stuff this offseason is a major issue, they are trying to keep him from aggravating the injury.  In past seasons he also played less because Jamaal Williams is a superior pass blocker.  We haven't seen Jamaal this offseason yet either, but he is likely to get carries as well.  For FF purposes, relying on a Packers RB is probably not the best idea if Aaron Rodgers is healthy.   

34 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Meanwhile.....

No faith in Jamaal Williams? I think the Jones-Jamaal combination is fine, if they are both healthy (they aren't right now).  

• Like 1