Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

39 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

it's incredibly obvious he's a better QB than those

I don't know how it's obvious, we haven't watched him play in nearly three years. You could say it's obvious 2016 Kap was better than 2019 Kizer but that's about it.

Mind you, I would not be against it, I just don't think it's an obvious upgrade.

4 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't know how it's obvious, we haven't watched him play in nearly three years. You could say it's obvious 2016 Kap was better than 2019 Kizer but that's about it.

Mind you, I would not be against it, I just don't think it's an obvious upgrade.

you're right, it's not obvious.  It's very likely though IMO.  And the risk is so low.  Kizer is broken.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

you're right, it's not obvious.  It's very likely though IMO.  And the risk is so low.  Kizer is broken.

Just to jump in Kap may be better than lots of back ups but not with his garbage that adds so much weight to him. Plus he wants to start and thinks he is worth millions.  I would take a no name bum over him any day. The guy is a clown who turned pouting into a social issue.

18 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Just to jump in Kap may be better than lots of back ups but not with his garbage that adds so much weight to him. Plus he wants to start and thinks he is worth millions.  I would take a no name bum over him any day. The guy is a clown who turned pouting into a social issue.

IMHO you're being a bit hard on Kap. Having grown up in the 60's I have no problem protesting police brutality when it's happened, and it's happened. Kap's mistake was choosing a protest method (kneeling) that distracted from the issue he was protesting. Then the protest became the issue, instead of police brutality. It's a common error protesters make. I'm sure you're not FOR police brutality. But you've been distracted by the form of protest. I would have no problem with Kap as backup QB, so long as he is willing to accept the role and salary. And he would be smart to develop a new approach to fighting police brutality, like helping communities create citizen review boards to review complaints against police actions. 

40 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Who wants three years of football rust and an endless parade of "START KAP NOW" abuse from the incoming bandwagoners?

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Who wants three years of football rust and an endless parade of "START KAP NOW" abuse from the incoming bandwagoners?

I mean, that obviously wouldn't happen.

I think GB is the perfect destination for Kap for a ton of reasons.  He may even get a chance to play given how injured Rodgers gets.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

IMHO you're being a bit hard on Kap. Having grown up in the 60's I have no problem protesting police brutality when it's happened, and it's happened. Kap's mistake was choosing a protest method (kneeling) that distracted from the issue he was protesting. Then the protest became the issue, instead of police brutality. It's a common error protesters make. I'm sure you're not FOR police brutality. But you've been distracted by the form of protest. I would have no problem with Kap as backup QB, so long as he is willing to accept the role and salary. And he would be smart to develop a new approach to fighting police brutality, like helping communities create citizen review boards to review complaints against police actions. 

Is there any guarantee that Kap is actually better than we currently have?  In his last extended look as a QB, he wasn't very good.  Those in favor of Kap seem to be weighing heavily the 2013 and 2014 seasons in which he was an above-average QB with mobility.

• Like 3

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I mean, that obviously wouldn't happen.

I think GB is the perfect destination for Kap for a ton of reasons.  He may even get a chance to play given how injured Rodgers gets.

You have a much higher regard of the online sports world than I do. And that's not even taking the non-sports political audience that'll jump in.

But speaking seriously, the best theoretical place for Kaepernick to go would be a team with an iron-clad starter under center who can't be argued with as well as a QB Guru on staff that could work with Kap(to work off the rust at the very least). Green Bay might still have the first point(though Rodgers has had enough health and coaching issues to be worrisome) but the second point is completely unproven and was more or less proven false by the end of McCarthy's run with the team.