Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Sure am. Can you point me to what exactly Kizer has shown that makes you believe he, "Doesn't understand the position"?

We've averaged 2.0 Points Per Drive in preseason with Kizer at QB. That's with fantastic protection and supposedly a group of WRs that have 9 worth keeping. 

6 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Sure am. Can you point me to what exactly Kizer has shown that makes you believe he, "Doesn't understand the position"?

everything he's ever done in the NFL against other teams who were actively trying to stop him from succeeding.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We've averaged 2.0 Points Per Drive in preseason with Kizer at QB. That's with fantastic protection and supposedly a group of WRs that have 9 worth keeping. 

So stats are important in the preseason... ?

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

everything he's ever done in the NFL against other teams who were actively trying to stop him from succeeding.

Oh. Ok.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, deathstar said:

So stats are important in the preseason... ?

Oh. Ok.

What else do you want, the long list of every intermediate throw he's put behind receivers? 

In 5 drives, two have ended in punts, one a turnover on downs and that's avoiding the interceptions that we know are looming. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What else do you want, the long list of every intermediate throw he's put behind receivers? 

In 5 drives, three have ended in punts, and that's avoiding the turnovers that we know are looming. 

Yes, I would love a breakdown of his pass attempts and how they were so horrible he doesn’t understand how to play quarterback. Because what I’m seeing doesn’t jive with that take.

And you’re knocking him for turnovers that haven’t happened? How does that make sense?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Yes, I would love a breakdown of his pass attempts and how they were so horrible he doesn’t understand how to play quarterback. Because what I’m seeing doesn’t jive with that take.

And you’re knocking him for turnovers that haven’t happened? How does that make sense?

Look at the 4th down throw against the Ravens that we turned it over on. 

Late and high. That is the quintessential Kizer throw. He's late getting rid of the ball, and he tries to rifle it knowing he's late so it tracks high. With disturbing frequency, that is Kizer. 

He's had 5 drives. Even the worst QBs in the NFL on a Turnover Percentage basis (Hi Deshon Kizer, not at all shocked to see you at the top of this list) don't turn it over 20% of drives. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Look at the 4th down throw against the Ravens that we turned it over on. 

Late and high. That is the quintessential Kizer throw. He's late getting rid of the ball, and he tries to rifle it knowing he's late so it tracks high. With disturbing frequency, that is Kizer. 

He's had 5 drives. Even the worst QBs in the NFL on a Turnover Percentage basis (Hi Deshon Kizer, not at all shocked to see you at the top of this list) don't turn it over 20% of drives. 

Ok, that's one throw. You've got that, then you've got:

Super open, but that pocket is not doing him any favors. 

This one is great to contrast w/ Boyle's trip near his own endzone, when he fumbled a handoff.

And regarding the turnovers: so you can't argue on one hand that he made a bad throw on 4th down, then on another that we haven't had enough of a sample size to see him turnover the ball. That doesn't make sense.

Edited by deathstar
  • Like 2