Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

I was in the minority then, and probably in the minority now. I back the NFL 100% on this. Sports is entertainment. Sports is an escape. Kneeling, sitting, armband, headband, whatever it is, I don't want to see it as part of my entertainment. If you want to speak out on something, go on Oprah. If I give a damn about your opinion, I'll tune in. Otherwise, stay out of my sports. And before you say it, yea, stay off my lawn.

If we are going to see Make A Wish kids, the armed forces, breast cancer awareness, etc. then I’m fine with this cause as well. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, deathstar said:

If we are going to see Make A Wish kids, the armed forces, breast cancer awareness, etc. then I’m fine with this cause as well. 

Are you really lumping in a political agenda with Make A Wish and fighting breast cancer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It was what, $72 million dollars? And it wasn't about violating first amendment rights. The First amendment doesn't protect your private employer from firing you for things said publicly. It's illegal for different businesses (and in these cases, and in legal terms, each team is it's own business) from talking to each other and conspiring not to hire someone when these businesses should in fact be in competition. That's where the illegal action occurred. It's not illegal for the NFL's representation to put forward as part of the settlement that Kaepernick will not sign with any of the 32 teams and will not discuss publicly the possibility.

Was it that much? I'd heard it was much less. Regardless, I've been down and around this street and I'm not interested strolling its sidewalks again. I've heard/read all the angles, have no interest to read them again and am not one to repeat my own thoughts over and over again.

Edited by Leader

16 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Are you really lumping in a political agenda with Make A Wish and fighting breast cancer?

I can see Deathstar's point on this.  One is highlighting a perceived injustice, the others highlight a perceived health issue...........neither have anything to do with football.

I don't mind the stuff like wearing pink gloves/shoes etc, but while what Kaepernick did was individual rather than corporate, I can see similarities. I don't want to see demonstrations on the field any more than the next guy, but there are similarities between these things.  If Kaepernick had made his point in a different way, and persuaded others to highlight injustice with, say, a rainbow coloured tuck-towel (which is probably illegal, but you get the idea), would people have viewed his protest differently.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I can see Deathstar's point on this.  One is highlighting a perceived injustice, the others highlight a perceived health issue...........neither have anything to do with football.

So, your answer is yes that pushing a political agenda and helping Make A Wish/breast cancer is the same thing?

What I hate about this is how the whole message has been turned into something it was never intended to be. I'm a veteran and saw some awful things during my service. I could care less whether someone stands for the national anthem or not and frankly most of my friends would probably agree. This is purely a political stunt masquerading as a "Respect for the armed forces". 

It drives me nuts how all these wanna be patriots can sit and harp on this all day on Facebook but won't nor have sent a dime donating to the  Fisher House, SOWF, or any of the other great charities. What the hell does boycotting Nike do for veterans or anyone for that matter? Just stupid. 

Also i'm fairly certain we are heading for a locked thread if we don't get back on topic (I know I did not help). 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Donzo said:

So, your answer is yes that pushing a political agenda and helping Make A Wish/breast cancer is the same thing?

I chose my words carefully and I said what I wanted to say, which is not the way you want to spin it. I don't like the words 'political agenda' and I did not say the things mentioned are the same thing.

It IS true that neither have anything to do with football.........and it IS true that one protest is individual (or some individuals) whereas the other is corporate charity.Please read my words again.

Now, enough of this, back to training camp.

Are there any players who might end up on the PS that you feel will probably be claimed. Examples include ESB, Davis, Moore, Shepherd, Madison, Summers, 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 minute ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What concern level are we at if AR12 doesn't practice this week or play on Thursday?  DEFCON 4?

I sure would like to see the offense move with him back there. Will the season go down the tubes if he doesnt play at all this preseason? No, but..........we need to hit the ground running this year and (seemingly) have a handful of obstacles (new coach, new offense etc...) that are built in impediments....so, I'd like to see AR on the field sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Not sure how familiar you are with the organizations behind breast cancer awareness month, but let’s just say they have as many question marks as anyone. Let alone the armed forces.