Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is there any guarantee that Kap is actually better than we currently have?  In his last extended look as a QB, he wasn't very good.  Those in favor of Kap seem to be weighing heavily the 2013 and 2014 seasons in which he was an above-average QB with mobility.

From what I've observed of Kizer and Boyle over the last two years, Kizer can't target the long ball, and Boyle has trouble with the short game. I would certainly be willing to bring Kap in for a tryout. 

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is there any guarantee that Kap is actually better than we currently have?  In his last extended look as a QB, he wasn't very good.  Those in favor of Kap seem to be weighing heavily the 2013 and 2014 seasons in which he was an above-average QB with mobility.

in his last extended look at qb, he was an average NFL starter. Starter!  In any event, when you sign Kap, you just copy the Baltimore offense with Lamar Jackson this year.  You don't try to make him be a passing first QB like the inept coaches in SF.  He's one of the best running QBs we've ever seen in the NFL, and he's a much better passer than Kizer as well.

The kizer experiment is over.  He so clearly doesn't get the position.

3 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

You have a much higher regard of the online sports world than I do. And that's not even taking the non-sports political audience that'll jump in.

yes of course there are uninformed idiots in every circumstance.  No one in their right mind would seriously say Kap should start.

Kap does not need a QB guru.  He will never become an NFL starter again.  He is the perfect NFL backup so long as he can run a 4.5 and be a competent thrower of the football.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

yes of course there are uninformed idiots in every circumstance.  No one in their right mind would seriously say Kap should start.

Kap does not need a QB guru.  He will never become an NFL starter again.  He is the perfect NFL backup so long as he can run a 4.5 and be a competent thrower of the football.

Even natural talents need polish and instruction to remain competent. It's unforgiving to just leave them on an island to coast off their skills.

This includes backups.

Just now, Zycho32 said:

Even natural talents need polish and instruction to remain competent. It's unforgiving to just leave them on an island to coast off their skills.

This includes backups.

every coach in the NFL is going to work with his players.  That's the job of the QB coach.  I don't see any reason why the GB qb coach would be unfit to work with someone like Kap.

He's just another player from a talent/on-field perspective.  the trends in the NFL since he left have ALL gone his way (zone read, RPO, play action passing, shotgun prevalence)

perhaps the better situation would be KC with Andy Reid.  After that, I think GB is perfect.  The fact the "ownership" isn't someone that fans or other NFL teams could point at directly is also helpful in the "off field" drama with which he's become entangled.