The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Is there a point where you just bite the bullet and workout a buyout for Braun? Thames stuck at the MLB level. Broxton, Phillips, Santana stuck at AAA, we cut Wren outright who profiled as a fine 4th OF and we just outright dumped him. Ray seems like he's ready for AAA but there's no room. Still have Stokes and Demi and AA and A+. The backlog is too great to play Braun at his current play level.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is there a point where you just bite the bullet and workout a buyout for Braun? Thames stuck at the MLB level. Broxton, Phillips, Santana stuck at AAA, we cut Wren outright who profiled as a fine 4th OF and we just outright dumped him. Ray seems like he's ready for AAA but there's no room. Still have Stokes and Demi and AA and A+. The backlog is too great to play Braun at his current play level.

IIRC, the MLBPA doesn't do buyouts as a general policy.

29 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

IIRC, the MLBPA doesn't do buyouts as a general policy.

Bummer. Well I'd be offering up OFs for whatever I could get as Stearns. MLB ready guys, lotto ticket low level guys, anything and sell some of these guys that are stuck. Especially a guy like Ray who's on a tear and probably is at an all time high for value.

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

They can have Keston, take Demi outta there.

Literally just looked at his numbers. He's making some impressive improvements. Hard to believe he's still only 21. Dropped his K% quite a bit so far, upped his batting average a bit and it doesn't seem BABIP inflated. Would like to see a higher SLG/OPS but I'll take the slow improvements with that kid any day.

80 G, .265 AVG, 7 HR, 32 RBI, 20 SB, 12 2B, 5 3B

I'll take it.

Edited by bkobow05
  • Like 1