Bitcoin

BayRaider

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

So... Filing taxes.

How does that work?

For 2017, must pay taxes on one transaction, when you cashed it to FIAT.

For 2018, must pay taxes on all crypto to crypto and crypto to FIAT transactions. Day trading for U.S. is dead. Thanks government. Day traders suck anyways though :P

Holding over one year is capital gains tax. Usually 15 or 20% depending on your income bracket. 

Holding less than one year counts as income tax and it will be whatever your income is + this income and that's the tax bracket your in and the taxes you owe. 

Edited by BayRaider

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

How does that work... If you trade BTC for equivalent ETH, what is the taxable value and rate?

You have to figure out what the values all were during the trade and see if you got a gain, even, or loss during each crypto transaction. 

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Bay, be realistic, where do you see a cap on Oyster? You seem to have quite a bit of knowledge on it so I'm curious

$12. I will sell around $11. Still debating. 

Who knows though. A ton of them think $30 which only puts it at a 1.5B Marketcap. I've underestimated this coin quite a bit. I made a bad exit point on Ripple at 50 cents so don't trust my exit advice to much. I'm just good for entry advice haha.  

It's still at least an easy 5-6x from here. But probably wont make you rich anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

$12. I will sell around $11. Still debating. 

Who knows though. A ton of them think $30 which only puts it at a 1.5B Marketcap. I've underestimated this coin quite a bit. I made a bad exit point on Ripple at 50 cents so don't trust my exit advice to much. I'm just good for entry advice haha.  

It's still at least an easy 5-6x from here. But probably wont make you rich anymore. 

"Rich" isn't my goal but if I can find a coin to pay off my car, I'm good lol. Thanks for the info.

I've been wanting your opinion on Reddcoin also since I'm new to this. The massive percentage jump (but extremely low price) last year made me throw a small amount at it and keeping my fingers crossed. Not really sure how to tell what has promise and what doesn't

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Didnt McAfee pump Redcoin? Stay away from any coin that guys mentions. 

Meh, he just gave some info on it. Didn't really say it's the best thing ever or anything. If what he says is true that it's the only currency young kids know about, that could mean something

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/944929837671690241?s=17

Edited by JTagg7754

Starting to freak out guys...starting to think Bittrex is fraud or a scam waiting to happen.  I thought they were legit since they were US-based and said were fully regulated.  

Ive been dealing for a couple weeks with trying to go through their “enhanced verification” process, which requires a new selfie photo, and ID/DL front and back sides.  For whatever reason, they didn’t verify/accept my submission (which is weird too ‘cause I’m pretty sure I had to verify when I joined last year sometime.)

So, because I’m not verified, you can’t make any withdrawals. I have all my ripple coin on there, which is my best investment with the 10K+.

I opened supppet tickets and just got automated responses saying that they’ll get back to me.  It’s been a week with that and haven’t gotten no help.

i started doing more research and their listed address is an accountant in Vegas and not any actual offices.   I was tempted to fly out there to try and expedite the process but that’s not possible.  On top of that and after doing some research, it seems like a lot of people essentially have the same with lack of support on this verification process and people waiting months in some cases.  It looks like some people are filing lawsuits.  I also tweeted the owners asking for help.

@Heimdallr I think you said you are on Bittrex...Have you had any problems regarding this?

TL;DR: Lack of customer support, along with tons of complaints and no legit physical corporate office has me worried that I might never get be able to withdraw my Ripple from there.  What should I do?!  Wait it out?!  Seek legal help?!

Edited by jonu62882