Bitcoin

BayRaider

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What's the latest on the Tron acquisition? I bought at .04 and should have got out at .20, but bought more at .12. It's still dropping. Are the rumblings actually hurting it for now?

I would expect a correction in the next couple days. I don't know how to answer you question so I won't but pretty much everything is tanking.

Ripple down to 1.83 right now. Crap

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Lol better buy in then. 

Yeah, thinking about it but I already have a good amount I bought at 0.68. Looking at FLO also. Still cant get into coins that haven't been around for a while and since this has been around a bit and the dev team seems active, I might be able to get behind it. Part of the reason I jumped into Myriad yesterday.

• Like 1

I've been using BitStamp for a couple of months and it's a pretty good entry and exit point, where you can buy BTC to use for other coins and withdraw money. The BTC transfers take about 1 hour or less. And, I've also done a withdrawal to my U.S. bank and that took about a week from start to finish. Their problem is that they only have like 5 major coins and that's it.

Edited by tima

15 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Is binance significantly better than bitstamp? 

It's mainly about what coins/tokens are available.  EtherDelta is a trash exchange but they have damn near every coin/token you want.  Binance has been adding a lot and Kucoin is starting to catch up to them.  It's the availability of coins/tokens that makes Binance attractive to work with.  Also, I've had good experiences with Binance mainly.  Transactions are fast, haven't had any issues with exchanges I've done there.  Only issue I ran into is that after I purchased IOTA, I couldn't withdraw it.  They suspended that feature so my IOTA was essentially stuck on their exchange (which was fine but something to know that can happen).  Wild wild west days still where exchanges can kinda do whatever they want...

BTW, if you guys are getting into tokens a lot of them are ERC20 tokens utilizing the Ethereum platform.  Lately transactions has been congested and gas prices really high.  This site is useful if you plan on trying to do any transactions: https://ethgasstation.info/

I'm still trying to fully grasp 'gas prices/gwei'.  When I used EtherDelta last year to buy AION tokens the gas price I paid was like 8 or 10 (I think).  Yesterday when I went to purchase GMT on EtherDelta I had to raise the gas price I was willing to pay to 51 (roughly translates to ~$20 USD) before the transaction would go through.  A lot of ICO's launching on ETH which is why ETH is rising while a lot of other coins are dropping, but it's also clogging the network...

That is already proven to be FUD Jry. It crashed the market HUGE for 30 minutes. TONS of panic sellers and everything dipped 40%. 

However, they are ONLY banning ICOs and making somewhat stricter guidelines for korean exchanges. 

Prices are now back to normal. And even a bit higher than before. 40% drop and 45% increase within 40 minutes time. Absolutely insane. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

There's going to be more #fakenews.  Institutional money is going to keep coming in this year into the Crypto markets.  People want to keep things as cheap as possible for their big buys. I personally think 2018 is still a safe year unless people get way out of hand and drive the markets way up.  Which at that point I'm cashing out my gains anyway...xD