53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

21 hours ago, Norm said:

Tis why I love you. The automatic Gute love was stupid and this is coming from a guy who truly thinks he'll be a GM of the year candidate. I joke but he's done a good job. Truth is, I blame Mac on that one. Think he had a hard on for Deshone

I mean, it's not even McCarthy.  That was Capers.  And in connection Ted Thompson.  Randall had to play corner, because we didn't have any.

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Still trying to convince himself that was a good trade.

It was a logically sound trade.  Acting like it wasn't is a farce, unless you were absolutely convinced that DeShone Kizer was a guaranteed flop.  Nobody was succeeding in Cleveland under Hue Jackson.  They went 0-16 for a reason, and it wasn't just Kizer.

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Packers got:

*Vince Biegel
*Deangelo Yancey
*A completion percentage of 47.6, 187 yards passing for an average of 4.5 yards per attempt, 2 interceptions and a fumble lost. 

Not being able to say, "The trade sucked and was stupid and will be the worst move of Gute's career," makes me look like a levelheaded and mild mannered person. 

And they could have had Eddie Jackson/George Kittle and whatever they could have gotten from Kizer.  Congrats for using hindsight to justify your stance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

And why can't you seem to admit that Kizer was broken when traded for? 

Josh Rosen was a top ten pick and a year after was traded for a second round pick.  Everybody in the NFL knows that wrecked quarterbacks have lower value. 

The trade was terrible.  In principle and in practice. 

Just like everything (except MVS/ESB), all the evidence is pointing to me being right again and you're telling me the Earth is flat. 

There's no way to argue that the damage done was irreparable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If frogs had wings they wouldn’t bump their butt on the ground.

Everybody knew Kizer wasn’t going to be any of those quarterbacks.  

Did you watch him play for the Browns?  That wasn’t solely bad coaching.  No coach in the world coaches a QB poorly enough to play the way Kizer played.  Kizer made TJ Watt look like Darrelle Revis. 

The kid was literally the youngest (I believe) QB in the NFL at the time, and he started 15 games in that dumpster fire.  ANYONE who does even the slightest armchair scouting knew he shouldn't have even sniffed the field.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

A LOT of captain hindsight in this thread...

The Packers got roughly an early 5th round pick out of Damarious Randall when you look solely at the pick swaps.  When you look at what HHCD got in a trade, the Packers received a 4th round pick.  I'm not sure there's much more of a market for a guy who was clearly not being kept around long-term.  Maybe the Packers could have gotten away without the pick swaps, but you're naive if you think the potential upside of that deal didn't blow away a potential straight up pick package would have garnered.  I mean, if you want to use hindsight to justify yourself go right ahead.

Lol hindsight. I was bitching the second it happened calling it stupid. I didn't form this opinion after Kizer sucked for us. It started right after the trade. Don't give me that bull**** like I just started to dislike this trade...

And yes, it looks worse with hindsight too and I even mentioned that at some point.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's not even McCarthy.  That was Capers.  And in connection Ted Thompson.  Randall had to play corner, because we didn't have any.

No no..I think Mac was the one that pushed for getting Kizer for him. It's just my THEORY that he wanted to work with him.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you blame him?  He made Matt Flynn look like a legitimate starting QB.

Not really. I was always super curious to see what he could do with someone with a ton of physical talent. I'm just mentioning I think Mac might have been a big reason we got Kizer.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not really. I was always super curious to see what he could do with someone with a ton of physical talent. I'm just mentioning I think Mac might have been a big reason we got Kizer.

I think that goes without saying, but you're completely ignoring the upside of Kizer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think that goes without saying, but you're completely ignoring the upside of Kizer.

I never ignored it. It was always obvious. But between not seeing a ton of progression in college and then being a bad rookie, which was to be expected, it wasn't what I wanted in return for a starting caliber defensive player. It's whatever. It didn't change our team in any meaningful way.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

I never ignored it. It was always obvious. But between not seeing a ton of progression in college and then being a bad rookie, which was to be expected, it wasn't what I wanted in return for a starting caliber defensive player. It's whatever. It didn't change our team in any meaningful way.

He played under Brian Kelly and Hue Jackson.  That's two of the worst coaches in CFB and NFL...

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He played under Brian Kelly and Hue Jackson.  That's two of the worst coaches in CFB and NFL...

Fair enough. I actually don't even think he's complete toast. I expect he'll have a nice PS game or two that gets some excited.

• Like 1