Madden 20 Buffalo Bills Franchise - 2023 Season

JBURGE

2023 Playoffs - Divisional

After my bye I draw the 4th seeded Bengals. 

BENGALS | 4 BILLS | 1
35 SCORE 28
487 YARDS GAINED 336
96 RUSH YARDS 133
391 PASS YARDS 203
0 TURNOVERS 1
0 SACKS 2

BILLS PLAYER STATS
QB WESLEY KILIAN 23-29 203 YDS, 3 TD, INT, 115.9 QBR
RB RASHAWN PRINCE 17 ATT, 131 YDS, TD
WR SHREDRICK MCKINLEY 8 REC 99 YDS TD
WR TREVEON JAMESON 6 REC 40 YDS TD
DT CASE BARTLETT 5 TAK, 1 SACK
DE WARREN CASH 4 TAK, 1 SACK
BENGALS PLAYER STATS
QB KEVIN PEMBERTON 29-40 391 YDS, 3 TD, 128.2 QBR
RB JOE MIXON 19 ATT, 85 YDS, TD
WR TYLER BOYD 11 REC, 196 YDS, 2 TD
WR ZAY JONES 6 REC, 63 YDS
CB WILLIAM JACKSON 8 TAK, 1 INT

Well, ****. I lost to the freaking Bungles.

Who the hell is Kevin Pemberton, you may ask? Well, he was a 3rd round pick in 2021, so this is his 3rd season. He is a 75 overall normal dev.. what the hell? 391 yards and 3 TDs? Errrr, okay madden! Tyler Boyd had the game of his life.

The Bills' 2023 season has come to a shocking and disappointing close. 

• Like 2

2023 SEASON AWARDS
MVP QB JACOBY BRISSETT PATRIOTS COTY - RON RIVERA PANTHERS
AFC NFC
OPOY QB JACOBY BRISSETT PATRIOTS OPOY QB BRETT FLYNN SAINTS
DPOY DE MYLES GARRETT STEELERS DPOY MLB BOBBY WAGNER SEAHAWKS
OROY RB JOHNNIE LLOYD BRONCOS OROY QB DAKOTA HEPBURN FALCONS
DROY MLB TYSON RAY BILLS DROY EDGE ANDREW CHRISTIAN LIONS
BEST QB JACOBY BRISSETT PATRIOTS BEST QB BRETT FLYNN SAINTS
  RB MELVIN GORDON CHARGERS   RB SAQUON BARKLEY GIANTS
  WR ALBERT WILSON TITANS   WR DAESEAN HAMILTON BUCS
  OL DAVID DECASTRO STEELERS   OL ZACK MARTIN COWBOYS
  DL MYLES GARRETT BROWNS   DL AARON DONALD RAMS
  LB GERMAINE PRATT BENGALS   LB BOBBY WAGNER SEAHAWKS
  DB JOSH JACKSON COLTS   DB ANTHONY BROWN COWBOYS

A light year for hardware for the Bills. Rookie linebacker Tyson Ray wins the sole award as DROY. 

Myles Garrett and Aaron Donald continue to dominate. QB Brett Flynn on the Saints was a first round pick a couple years ago, and is obviously progressing well. 

And yes, Jacoby Brissett actually won the trifecta of MVP, OPOY and Best QB. That's just stupid. I need to figure out how to fix my passing game. 

Superbowl 58

The Cincinnati Bengals defeat the Tampa Bay Bucs 28-18 to win their first (?) ever superbowl!

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 2

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE TEXANS RECEIVE
  2024 1.10   LB VOSEAN JOSEPH 87
        2024 3rd  
        2025 5th  

Before I get to the scouting, here is the last surviving starter from when we began this, 5 years ago. Thank you Vosean for everything you became, and good luck in Houston.

This deal gives us a top 10 pick this year, and there are 6 players I have my eye on in this draft who could be available there. We'll pick this up tomorrow!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JBURGE said:

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE TEXANS RECEIVE
  2024 1.10   LB VOSEAN JOSEPH 87
        2024 3rd  
        2025 5th  

Before I get to the scouting, here is the last surviving starter from when we began this, 5 years ago. Thank you Vosean for everything you became, and good luck in Houston.

This deal gives us a top 10 pick this year, and there are 6 players I have my eye on in this draft who could be available there. We'll pick this up tomorrow!

MOAR!

• Like 1

2023/24 Off-Season

Free Agency

I signed no one, so here are the big league signings:

• LT | Tyron Smith | 93 Superstar signs with the Broncos
  • DT | Kenny  Clark | 93 Superstar signs with the Panthers :( 
  • CB | Kendall Fuller | 91 signs with the Chiefs
  • DE | Danielle Hunter | 91 Superstar signs with the Chiefs
  • EDGE | Von Miller | 88 X Factor signs with the Cowboys - seriously?
  • QB | Carson Wentz | 83 Star signs with the Broncos
  • MLB | Ryan Shazier | 83 Superstar signs with the Jets
  • WR | Kendall Kerr | 82 signs with the Giants
  • Like 1

2024 NFL Pre-Draft

BILLS 2024 DRAFT BOARD
PROJ   NAME AGE HT WT SCHOOL COMBINE GRADE
1 MLB ROOSEVELT PRYOR 22 5.1 239 SOUTH CAROLINA 6.8
1 MLB ZACH DICKERSON 22 6.0 235 SOUTH CAROLINA 7.0
1 CB RUSS SNELL 22 6.1 181 FLORIDA ST 6.3
1 CB PARKER GRAVES 21 6.0 195 MIAMI 7.1
1 S D'ANGELO COBB 22 6.0 197 SAN DIEGO ST 7.3
1 S RAKAYLE RANDALL 23 6.0 207 ALABAMA 6.9
1 DT BERNARD SEAWRIGHT 21 6.2 300 MIAMI 7.6
3 OT DESEAN TOMLINSON 22 6.6 306 NEVADA 6.5
4 OG GARRETT JONES 22 6.4 337 MIAMI 6.0
4 OG SAM ALEXANDER 21 6.6 332 TEXAS TECH 5.1
4 FS DAMARIOUS LINSLEY 21 5.1 200 OKLAHOMA ST 7.0
5 MLB ELIJAH WALKER 23 6.4 235 FAU 6.4
1 CB LESTER MILES 21 5.1 214 NORTH DAKOTA ST 6.7
1 S TERRELL LOGAN 22 6.2 222 FLORIDA STATE 7.4
2 TE JAY WELCH 22 6.6 254 FLORIDA STATE 6.8
2 WR LYLE KELLY 22 5.1 189 APPALACHIAN ST 6.0
3 CB ARSENIO MCBRIDE 23 5.1 214 MIAMI 5.9
3 WR MARCUS HUTTON 21 6.1 203 OKLAHOMA ST 6.9
5 WR QUINTON MOSLEY 24 5.9 184 ARMY 5.3
UDFA P RUSSELL GRIFFITH 22 6.1 197 TULANE 2.5
UDFA P NATE WALLACE 22 6.1 220 ARMY 1.4
BILLS PICKS
1.10 4.27
1.27 5.27
2.27 7.27

This was the last draft I had anyone to trade away from the OG Bills team, so I was able to pick up another solid pick. My draft capital as a whole is pretty **** though, 

Now, as for the board. The team is more or less filled out, but there is one glaring hole, the vacated spot left by trading Vosean Joseph. I do have a couple guys on the team who could probably manage for a year if necessary, but I would like to fill that spot. I am still missing a #1 corner, and I am still missing another starting safety. This draft is thankfully really strong at all of those 3 positions early, which is why I traded up to 10. Taking positions away, my fav two players in the draft are  CB Parker Graves and S D'Angelo Cobb.

You probably know by now that if they're my favourite, they must have balled at the combine.  Graves ran a 4.31, is also 1st in vertical, broad jumo and bench press, and top 5 in the cone and shuttle. D'Angelo Cobb ran 4.54, and is 1st in everything else. Both absolutely dominant combine performances, butstill not the best of my first group of guys... that would belong to Berny Seawright. He was 1st in EVERY SINGLE DRILL at DT. 4.68 40 (pardon?), 36 reps on the bench. This dude is going to be dominant. Unfortunately, I am fairly strong at DT, and he is an early 1st rounder, so I doubt I get him. But he is probably the best DT prospect I have seen thus far. To add on, he has A- finesse moves, A- hit power, and B+ block shedding, ad 6'2 300, 21 years old. Wow. He is going to be dominant. 

So the plan will be to see who's available at 10. A few of the top 6 guys are early 1st, so I might not have the luxury of choosing. 

Both of those linebackers are actually from South Carolina, that isn't a typo. Both of them ran sub 4.65 40, and had good combines otherwise. Dickerson has A tackle. A- hit power and play recognition, so he is going to be great from day 1. Pryor is a little more athletic, and has A- play rec and oursuit, and B+ tackle. Either one will be really good, but the corner and safety are still my top 2 targets. 

For the mid rounders, you might see my move up once or twice since I have a huge gap between the 2nd and 4th. I might also move down or out of the later 1st. 

Let the draft begin

Edited by JBURGE

2024 NFL Draft

• LE Kai Donald goes 1st to the Jags. 73 ovr. Not really sure who he is because I didn't even scout that position. 
  • S Rakayle Randall goes 2nd to the Titans. He's 78 ovr. 1 off the board. 
  • S Joey Garnes goes 3rd to the Falcons. 72 ovr. I scouted him, he looked like garbo 
  • RT Demarcus Beal goes 4th. 76 ovr. He looked really good.
  • DT Bernard Seawright goes 5th to the 49ers. 77 ovr. He is gonna be amazzinnnggggg
  • WR Ross Gates goes 6th to the Eagles. 75 ovr. 3 more picks before us, and the CB, S, and both LBers have survived, meaning I get one. 
  • LT Dewayne Cole goes 7th to the Broncos. 74 ovr. Nice
  • MLB Roosevelt Pryor goes 8th to the Ravens. 74 ovr. There's the first one off the board.  
  • MLB Zach Dickerson goes 9th to the Bears, damn. 77 ovr. Higher ovr which isn't surprising. Makes my choice easier at least.

I'm on the clock now at 10th. Both MLBs are gone, so I won't be replacing Vosean with a really good day 1 starter... ****. I still have some good looking players though. 

Here's the board. 

BILLS 2024 DRAFT BOARD
1 CB RUSS SNELL 22 6.1 181 FLORIDA ST 6.3
1 CB PARKER GRAVES 21 6.0 195 MIAMI 7.1
1 S D'ANGELO COBB 22 6.0 197 SAN DIEGO ST 7.3
1 CB LESTER MILES 21 5.1 214 NORTH DAKOTA ST 6.7
1 S TERRELL LOGAN 22 6.2 222 FLORIDA STATE 7.4

Both of my top two targets are available. I've already profiled both of them, and I like them both, a LOT. 

With the 10th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

Parker Graves, CB, Miami

T1NStlvm.jpg  9T8KzIGm.jpg

Whew. One thing I didn't mention with Parker is that he had B+ man coverage, again a big plus for me. His zone coverage didn't show up on his top 3 skills, but man, 71 is pretty solid to start at. I went with the bigger need, and I had honestly neglected the CB position to this point, which is very unlike me. Graves is an absolute stud. 96 speed with the man coverage means he should be sticky as hell.

Some of you guys told me how to tell what the dev is by what the player is doing with his arms... I won't spoil this one, but ;) 

I'll skip one by one until Cobb goes, then skip to my next pick. 

• CB Russ Snell goes 12th to the Chargers. 76 ovr. 
  • S D'Angelo Cobb goes 13th to the GIants. He's a 78 ovr. We'll take a look at him later.

Skipping ahead to my next pick...

HB Emanuel McCoy is still there. I haven't mentioned him and I haven't put him on any of my boards, but he won the Heisman and kind of fits my RB profile. I don't really want to pay my HB a lot of money, and he is coming into his contract year....... so I am considering this... no one else on my board of worth has made it. TE Jay Welch is there, but I have a TE and I'm not spending a 1st rounder on another one. I think I just talked myelf out of the HB... I signed May for a few years, and my starter Prince is like 88 overall. Ugh. I wish I knew how much I would have to sign him for. 

This is too early for RT DeSean Tomlinson. I really feel good about him, like the rest of my mid round RTs. I like to have good tackles and pay them, and then the IOL can churn over, so this could be an option considering I will be losing some IOL in the next couple years. I wouldn't be looking at him if I liked more players in the 2nd round, but there just aren't many guys I like. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE DOLPHINS RECEIVE
  2024 2.11     2024 1.27  
  2024 3.11   S OBI MELINFONWU 74

No one I'm really interested here, so I back up and pick up another mid round pick. 

Time to skip ahead to this acquired pick. 

Here we are at 2.11, and here's the board. 

BILLS 2024 DRAFT BOARD
3 OT DESEAN TOMLINSON 22 6.6 306 NEVADA 6.5

I have to seriously look at WR since I lost one of my starters, and my #3 is kinda up in the air. However, one of these dudes looks like a stud, and despite my depth at the position, I'm doing it.

With pick 2.11 in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

DeSean Tomlinson, OT, Nevada

CqdGjh1m.jpg gFke09tm.jpg

I was right. Well now I am 8 deep on the OL, and whoever is in a contract year is now expendable for a 2025 draft pick. I don't spend serious money at IOL, but I do think spending a 2/3 round pick and havinbg them for 4 years is worth it. 

Tomlinson is 1st in the class at the 40, 2nd in strength, and 3rd in the cone and shuttle,. On top of B+ run blocking, and B pass block. 

Skipping ahead to 2.27. 

BILLS 2024 DRAFT BOARD
5 WR QUINTON MOSLEY 24 5.9 184 ARMY 5.3
2 WR LYLE KELLY 22 5.1 189 APPALACHIAN ST 6.0

WR Lyle Kelly is still there, and he doesn't look too bad, ran a 4.41 and has really good short area quickness, but his skills are pretty weak. He may be my best shot at replacing Kerr at this point. The later round WRs don't look that great. Lyle has a good chance of being a normal dev I would say with his skills.

I want to take a shot on Damarius Linsley here, but I already have a meh safety, and I'm not sure he will be much better than Evan Beal. He has ok size, but good athletics. 4.50 40, top 3 in the rest of the combine drills. He's a mid 4th, and I do have 3.11..... but with my luck, if I wait, he will go 3.10 like the last 2 safeties I liked.

**** it. I'm kinda drunk and I dig this dudes name and his school dope as hell

With pick 2.27 in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

Lyle Kelly, WR, Appalachain State

pIezNotm.jpg dPxX33Gm.jpg

Edited by JBURGE

I angrily skipped to 3.11, and thankfully my guy is still there. 

With pick 3.11 in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

Damarious Linsley, S, Oklahoma State

y0jyWxfm.jpg ViT6IcXm.jpg

I'm dumb af for not just taking him and sticking to the plan. I don't know if I will start him over Beal. I think I just signed Beal to an extension, but this dude is at least a star and he's only 21, so I want him on the field.... I'll figure it out. 

I don't pick again until 4.27, and the MLB on my board I like enough to get a better chance at... let's see if I can move up. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE TITANS RECEIVE
  2024 4.2   DE WESLEY NORTHRUP 74
        2024 7.27  

UDFA and reigning DROY is traded to the Titans with a 7th for an early 4th rounder. Northrup was signed last year after the draft, and iks my 4th DE. No clue how he won DROY with 4 sacks playing limited snaps, but I'm fine moving on. I have needs. 

Edited by JBURGE

With pick 4.2 in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

Elijah Walker, MLB, FAU

ylaHmVgm.jpg iQ6Jbivm.jpg

What is FAU? idc but this is my guy. He kinda sucks right now, but we'll start him probably day 1 ar ROLB. Fits the athletic profile, just has some work do to, and I'm sure focus training him will get him to startable by playoffs time. 

Simming to 4.27 and the WR, Quinton Mosley, is gone. 

I forgot to re-sign my kicker and punter, so I'll spend the last 2 picks on those. I'm not going to post pics of their stats because who cares. 

I took kicker Russell Griffith who has hidden dev lmao who cares. Do I have to wait 500 snaps to see it?  :D

Edited by JBURGE

16 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

With pick 4.2 in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

Elijah Walker, MLB, FAU

ylaHmVgm.jpg iQ6Jbivm.jpg

What is FAU? idc but this is my guy. He kinda sucks right now, but we'll start him probably day 1 ar ROLB. Fits the athletic profile, just has some work do to, and I'm sure focus training him will get him to startable by playoffs time. 

Florida Atlantic University

n00b

• Like 2

BILLS 2024 DRAFT CLASS
PICK   NAME AGE HT WT SCHOOL COMBINE RATING
1.1 CB PARKER GRAVES 21 6.0 195 MIAMI 7.1 79 ?
2.11 OT DESEAN TOMLINSON 22 6.6 306 NEVADA 6.5 70 ?
2.27 WR LYLE KELLY 22 5.1 189 APPALACHIAN ST 6.0 69 N
3.11 FS DAMARIOUS LINSLEY 21 5.1 200 OKLAHOMA ST 7.0 72 ?
4.2 MLB ELIJAH WALKER 23 6.4 235 FAU 6.4 68 ?
5.23 K RUSSELL GRIFFITH 22 6.1 197 TULANE 2.5 67 ?
5.27 P NATE WALLACE 22 6.1 220 ARMY 1.4 66 N

With the picks I came in with, I'm stoked with this class. Graves, regardless of development, will turn into a good #1. If he's a superstar or X Factor, he will be a dominant player. The rest of the draft are solid developmental platers. DeSean Tomlinson will likely be a starter at an IOL position in the next 2 years. Lyle Kelly was a poor pick and he will be WR4 or even 5 this year. Linsley will be a solid 3rd safety, or maybe even starting SS. Elijah Walker will be a starter this year with a solid chance at DROY because he polayus a linebacker spot. 

2024 Pre-Season

We'll be focus training these 3 players this year..

• CB Parker Graves
  • S Damarious Linsley
  • LB Elijah Walker

Not necessary to focus train Tomlinson, but I will be training QB/OL and LB/DBs.

I have 44 players on the roster, so I need to sign 9 new boys.

• QB | Daniel Gordon | 71 Star is signed to a 1 year deal. He is entering his 5th year. 
  • FB | Michael Spain | 70 is signed to a 1 year deal
  • WR | Tyson Lawrence | 62 hidden is signed to a 1 year deal. He is an UDFA
  • DT | Brian Elliot | 66 is signed to a 1 year deal
  • MLB | Quan Hutton | 58 hidden is signed to a 1 year dela

2024 Season

OdTPOVbh.jpg

On offense we honestly haven't added much. We'll see what Jameson takes to re-sign, but if he wants too much, I'll have to move on. WR is easy enough to develop, especially when you have someone like Shredrick, who I will be paying at any cost. 

Prince hopefully won't cost double digits per year, because I'll be wishing I drafted a replacement.

The OL is set for years to come with all of the depth I've acquired.

nUtQHe4h.jpg

Some new faces here on defense. The DL is strong, but LBers are back to a bit of a liability. Tyson Ray will follow up a strong rookie year with a bunch of unproven talent around him. DBs have 2 new starters in CB1 Graves and a new starting safety Linsley. 

2024 SEASON SCHEDULE
WEEK   TEAM SCORE
1 @ COLTS  
2   DOLPHINS  
3 @ SEAHAWKS  
4 @ DOLPHINS  
5   49ERS  
6   BYE -
7 @ CHIEFS  
8 @ TITANS  
9   JETS  
10 @ PATRIOTS