Madden 20 Buffalo Bills Franchise - 2023 Season

JBURGE

2022 Playoffs - Divisional

I play the 5th Ravens in the Divisional round, who I happened to lose week 17 to.  

RAVENS | 5 BILLS | 1
21 SCORE 40
312 YARDS GAINED 412
62 RUSH YARDS 111
250 PASS YARDS 301
1 TURNOVERS 0
2 SACKS 0
BILLS PLAYER STATS
QB WESLEY KILIAN 22-30, 301 YDS, 5 TD, 144.5 QBR
RB RASHAWN PRINCE 22 ATT, 87 YDS
WR TREVEON JAMESON 5 REC, 115 YDS, 3 TD
WR SHREDRICK MCKINLEY 5 REC, 70 YDS
TE MICHAEL YOUNGER 6 REC, 58 YDS, TD
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS 8 TAK, 1 TFL
LB VOSEAN JOSEPH 9 TAK, 1 TFL
RAVENS PLAYER STATS
QB LAMAR JACKSON 21-40, 244 YDS, TD, 79.5 QBR
RB DERRICK HENRY 15 ATT, 50 YDS
WR MARQUISE BROWN 5 REC, 86 YDS
WR GERONIMO ALLISON 5 REC, 65 YDS
DE MATT JUDON 8 TAK, 1 TFL, 1 SACK
DE TRENT MURPHY 4 TAK, 1 TFL, 1 SACK

We absolutely crushed them. Wesley Kilian has turned into a monster, and Treveon Jameson who was a mid round surprise was his favourite target this week. 

Edited by JBURGE

2022 Playoffs - Conference Champs

CHIEFS | 3 BILLS | 1
28 SCORE 38
429 YARDS GAINED 385
159 RUSH YARDS 112
270 PASS YARDS 273
1 TURNOVERS 1
0 SACKS 2

BILLS PLAYER STATS
QB WESLEY KILIAN 20-30, 273 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT, 114.9 QBR
RB RASHAWN PRINCE 26 ATT, 93 YDS, TD
WR SHREDRICK MCKINLEY 5 REC, 64 YDS, TD
TE MICHAEL YOUNGER 4 REC, 56 YDS, TD
WR TREVEON JAMESON 6 REC, 81 YDS
CB TREDAVIOUS WHITE 8 TAK, 1 INT
LB VOSEAN JOSEPH 6 TAK, 1 SACK
CHIEFS PLAYER STATS
QB PAT MAHOMES 22-28, 257 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT, 85.0 QBR
RB DARRELL HENDERSON 16 ATT, 133 YDS, TD
WR TYREEK HILL 9 REC, 107 YDS
TE TRAVIS KELCE 5 REC, 53 YDS
WR GREG PITTS 3 REC, 21 YDS, TD
DE JUAN THORNHILL 9 TAK, 2 TFL

Our first AFC championship game, and now our first Superbowl berth! I am pleasantly surprised that we were able to beat the Chiefs, despite going in with the better seed. Mahomes and Tyreek Hill are both 99 overalls and I figured they would shred my ***. I added Greg Pitts, that 1st round WR a couple years ago, in there. Pathetic

We face the Falcons in Superbowl 57!

2022 SEASON AWARDS
MVP RB EZEKIEL ELLIOT COWBOYS COTY - RICK BUMHUG BILLS
AFC NFC
OPOY QB WESLEY KILIAN BILLS OPOY RB EZEKIEL ELLIOT COWBOYS
DPOY DE MYLES GARRETT STEELERS DPOY DT AARON DONALD RAMS
OROY QB NICK BARNETT STEELERS OROY QB BRETT FLYNN SAINTS
DROY DE ROCKO HEMINGWAY BILLS DROY DT LANCE CONWAY EAGLES
BEST QB WESLEY KILIAN BILLS BEST QB AARON RODGERS PACKERS
  RB LEVEON BELL JETS   RB EZEKIEL ELLIOT COWBOYS
  WR ANTONIO BROWN RAIDERS   WR MICHAEL THOMAS SAINTS
  OL QUENTON NELSON COLTS   OL ZACK MARTIN COWBOYS
  DL MYLES GARRETT BROWNS   DL AARON DONALD RAMS
  LB VON MILLER BRONCOS   LB KHALIL MACK BEARS
  DB JALEN RAMSEY JAGUARS   DB JAIRE ALEXANDER PACKERS

So we took home a fair amount of awards! Rick Bumhug with his well deserved first coach of the year award. Rocko Hmeingway surprisingly gets DROY with 4 sacks. 

Side note here, both of the OROYs are those two QBs who went late first.... just sayin. They're both stars though, not superstars or X Factors.

Wesley Kilian with 4300 yards and 47 TDs wins OPOY, best QB, but not MVP? On the best team in the league? Instead Zeke wins his second MVP in a row. 

Let's see what Zeke's stats were this year..... 

279 attempts, 2,280 yards, and 18 touchdowns. 

happy excuse me GIF

8.2 yards per carry.

So we ain't winning any MVPs any time soon...

Besides that, we have some exciting news to share heading into the Super Bowl..... with these award wins, QB Wesley Kilian has progressed to a Superstar X Factor!

QB | Wesley Kilian | #10
INSIDE DEADEYE Perfect accuracy on all throws inside the numbers
POCKET DEADEYE Perfect accuracy on all unpressured throws
while feet are set in the pocket
Strong Arm

90 OVR
6'3 | 221

Year 3 | 23
CLUTCH Midway through the 4th quarter, can easily enter
and remain in the zone
?  
?  
xdVbiPk.png?1 FEARLESS Is unintimidated by the pass rush. When in the zone,
accuracy is unaffected by pressure

Fearless is probably my favourite X Factor in theory, and it's not one I've had on my 2 other X factor QBs in this game. I was really happy to get this instead of Bazooka. Previously Kilian was a  Field General to get preferential Superstar abilities, but I know the only field general X Fator is Hi Low Deadeye, and that's ***, so I developed strong arm since then. I'd rather have Bazooka than Hi Lo anyway, so this is a bonus. 

Someone please give me recommendations on what to do with the space on the left of his player chart, this looks so bad lol

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

2022 Playoffs - Superbowl 57

FALCONS | 2 BILLS | 1
26 SCORE 20
386 YARDS GAINED 337
88 RUSH YARDS 97
298 PASS YARDS 240
0 TURNOVERS 0
0 SACKS 0

BILLS PLAYER STATS
QB WESLEY KILIAN 20-35, 240 YDS, 78.2 QBR
RB RASHAWN PRINCE 23 ATT, 74 YDS, 2 TD
TE MICHAEL YOUNGER 8 REC, 103 YDS
LB VOSEAN JOSEPH 9 TAK 1 TFL
FALCONS PLAYERS STATS
QB MATT RYAN ???
RB DEVONTA FREEMAN 16 ATT, 65 YDS
WR JULIO JONES 6 REC, 73 YDS
WR ANTONIO CALLAWAY 4 REC, 55 YDS, TD
LB DEVONDRE CAMPBELL 10 TAK, 1 TFL

Whew, and thats how the season ends. With a really damn boring game. I wish there were more stats to post than that. No sacks, no turnovers. Just punts and a couple rushing touchdowns from me, and 1 passing td from them. Now, Matt Ryan retired after this game, so for whatever reason he is removed from the box score so I can;t see his stats, and I'm too lazy to add up all oif their receiving stats to get the real number.

Of all the playoff games I would have expected to win this one.The Falcons aren't actually that good, and now with no Matt Ryan, I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a bottom 5 team next year.

Now we go to the off-season, where I will be looking to move on from a ton of my defensive core, so we don't expect to see a top 3 defense next year.

2022/23 OFFSEASON 

I have an opportunity now to sign some fringe roster players, including those 4 UDFAs that I signed as hidden devs. They are all Star development, as is the C I drafted. 

• RE | Wesley Northrup | 68 UDFA Normal signs a 4 year, $4.6m deal
  • CB | Bryan Dorsett | 67 UDFA Star signs a 4 year, $6.6m deal
  • WR | Joey Ray | 66 UDFA Star signs a 4 year $3.8m deal
  • HB | Kirkland Morgan | 60 UDFA Star signs a 5 year, $5.7m deal
  • QB | Travis Gregg | 58 Star signs a 6 year, $6.9m deal. Nice.

Before I go to bed, let's revisit the 2022 draft class around the league

• TE Samuel Otto goes 6th to the Bengals. He is a 77 ovr Superstar X Factor - Wow! An X factor TE. He has Rac Em Up
  • The Texans take Virgil Mooney 7th, damn. That was higher than I was willing to go. He's a 76 ovr Star
  • DE Ricky Prather went 8th to the 49ers. He's a 75 Star
  • QB Brett Flynn goes 21 to the Saints.  73 ovr Star
  • HB Jamal Brock, who won the Heisman, goes 2.2 to the Lions. He's a 79 overall.... Superstar
  • And the Steelers get the other QB Nick Barnett, at 2.4. He's 73 ovr Star
  • QB Brendan Tomlinson goes 3.3 to the Redskins. He's only a 63 ovr but he's Superstar
  • QB Martin McMullen goes 4.7 to the Texans, he's a 59 ovr Superstar

Kind of unbelievable we have two mid round QBs that are superstars. I should keep a better eye on these mid round guys and see if I notive any patterns. There wasn't anything special about those two guys I can remember. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

You guys this draft class is wild lol. I will probably trade for a top 10 pick. 

This is the last bit before bed I promise.

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE BENGALS RECEIVE
  2023 1.5   DT ED OLIVER 93
        2023 2nd  
        2023 6th  

I said I was gonna do it. I want more of a challenge, so bye Eddie. This gives me a top 5 pick in the loaded top end of this class. 

Now, I am going to move Tremaine Edmunds instead of Vosean. Vosean started as a mid 60s Normal dev and has worked his way up to an 82 Superstar. I want to keep him around another year. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE CARDINALS RECEIVE
  2023 1.13   LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS 92
  2023 4th     2021 1.31  

I send Tremaine to the desert to pair with Darius Leonard. Vosean will either stay at ROLB or move inside to MLB, but I made this trade for a reason.... I have my eye on a Tremaine replacement. 

I targeted a team with a MLB need in the mid 1st that wasn't in the division. The Cardinals were the closest. 

One more trade. 

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE STEELERS RECEIVE
  2023 2.1   CB TREDAVIOUS WHITE 89
        2023 6th  

More draft capital, and another team captain gone. I've now gotten rid of my top 3 defensive players, added the 5th, 13th, and 33rd overall picks. I already have plans for those 3 picks, so they were targeted on purpose. 

Ok sorry one more quick one.

TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE STEELERS RECEIVE
  2023 3.1   DT HARRISON PHILLIPS 82
        2023 3.31  
TRADE
BILLS RECEIVE JAGUARS RECEIVE
  2023 4.7   CB TARON JOHNSON 78
        2023 7th  

Okay round 3 of last trades. Goodnight 

BILLS PICKS
1.5 4.7
1.13 4.13
2.1 5.31
3.1 -

I might try to pick up another 2nd or 3rd rounder, but I don't have much else I'm interested in trading. In this class I would love to have 5 top 10 picks, but that's just a little too unrealistic. 

There is a prototype JBurge LB, CB, DT and 3 edge rushers in the first round this year. 

I may or not draft tomorrow night. The draft is the most time consuming part of this, so I may even have to wait until the weekend. Thanks for following!

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 3

I ended up making way more trades than I expected. I've basically hand picked the players I want to draft this year, and already navigated the draft board to make sure I get them, so I may be able to do the draft pretty quickly tomorrow night. 

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I ended up making way more trades than I expected. I've basically hand picked the players I want to draft this year, and already navigated the draft board to make sure I get them, so I may be able to do the draft pretty quickly tomorrow night. 

Trade Kilian to the Jets. Bet you won't.

• Like 1

In reality though; keep up the good work with this.
The new X-Factor / hidden development's interest me quite a bit and I can't wait to try building a team (when this game goes $20).
I have been playing on a Buffalo franchise myself on '19 where I drafted a QB and WR at 1 & 2 and filled the rest of the team up with UDFA's.
It's been fun trading those players as they "level" up for more assets and depth. Definitely different than how I usually play.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, JBURGE said:

Image result for super bowl 54

The New England Patriots defeat the New Orleans Saints in Superbowl 54 31-13. 

BOTH Tom Brady and Drew Brees decide to retire after the game, and are sure to be first ballot HOFs. Other notable retirements include Jason Witten, Adrian Peterson and Adam Vinatieri. 

Two legendary Saints ride off into the sunset. What a day. 

Following. 

• Like 1

I won't do what I did with this draft again. In fact I probably won't trade up again now that I've gotten rid of all my real Bills players. Maybe I'll trade Vosean in a year, but that's it. The team is good now so I will stick at my draft position and draft what comes to me. 

Expect this draft to be another solid one, and then after that we will probably see some mediocre guys I will have to try to develop. 

• Like 1

Free Agency

I signed no one, so here are the big league signings:

• C | Rodney Hudson | 87 superstar signs with the Lions
  • DT | Eddie Goldman | 85 signs with the Titans
  • S | Xavier Woods | 84 signs with the Cardinals
  • HB | Rashaad Penny | 84 signs with the Raiders
  • WR | Josh Reynolds | 82 superstar signs with the Saints

That's about it, seems like a pretty bad FA year.

2023 NFL Pre-Draft

BILLS 2023 DRAFT BOARD
PROJ   NAME AGE HT WT SCHOOL COMBINE GRADE
1 DE WARREN CASH 21 6.0 263 MICHIGAN 7.0
1 MLB VERNON ANDERSON 22 6.0 234 OKLAHOMA ST 6.9
1 EDGE TIM SHEPPARD 21 6.5 257 OREGON STATE 6.6
1 CB DEMARCO COLLINS 22 5.9 184 IOWA STATE 7.6
1 EDGE ANDREW CHRISTIAN 21 6.1 254 OKLAHOMA 6.8
1 DE/DT LUCAS PRITCHETT 21 6.5 288 MIAMI 6.8
2 DT BLAKE SIDNEY 22 6.4 311 WISCONSIN 7.0
3 MLB TYSON RAY 22 6.0 240 E. WASHINGTON 6.3
4 CB DENZEL LEVY 23 6.2 187 SOUTH CAROLINA 6.8
4 CB LEVEON SULLIVAN 21 6.0 214 COLORADO STATE 5.3
4 OT ROBERT EDWARDS 23 6.6 317 LOUISVILLE 6.0
5 S GREGORY MCMILLIAN 22 5.1 197 MARSHALL 6.4
5 DT SOLOMON MOON 22 6.2 298 AUBURN 6.7
5 DE MICHAEL HENRY 23 6.4 314 OKLAHOMA 6.3
7 OG KIONTE FORD 21 6.5 301 MARYLAND 6.1
1 LB JOSH ESTRADA 22 6.1 232 LSU 6.7
1 CB MARION REEVES 22 6.0 213 COLORADO STATE 7.4
1 LB MIKE FRAZIER 22 6.0 230 UCLA 6.9
3 DE NICHOLAS BUCHANAN 23 6.5 297 OKLAHOMA 6.4
3 EDGE GREG WHITLEY 22 6.1 257 PRINCETON 6.0
5 OG REID NUGENT 23 6.5 331 OHIO STATE 4.9
6 OT KYLER SMART 22 6.8 336 WASH STATE 5.2

BILLS PICKS
1.5 4.7
1.13 4.13
2.1 5.31
3.3 -

My top board in this class is way bigger than usual, mainly because there are half a dozen players that I LOVE in the earl-mid 1st range. This is definitely the best top ewnd draft talent I have seen in a draft to date. If I had this class the year I picked Shredrick and Rashawn Prince, whew. 

I've already done all of my pre-draft mvoeement, so we can get right into this one. 

Edited by JBURGE

2023 NFL Draft

This will be a pretty quick draft because like I said, I made targets pre-draft and will stick to the plan. The only issue could be if my guy at 5 goes earlier than expected.... here is the board for p[ick 1.5. 

BILLS 2023 DRAFT BOARD
PROJ   NAME AGE HT WT SCHOOL COMBINE GRADE
1 DE WARREN CASH 21 6.3 263 MICHIGAN 7.0
1 MLB VERNON ANDERSON 22 6.0 234 OKLAHOMA ST 6.9
1 EDGE TIM SHEPPARD 21 6.5 257 OREGON STATE 6.6
1 CB DEMARCO COLLINS 22 5.9 184 IOWA STATE 7.6
1 EDGE ANDREW CHRISTIAN 21 6.1 254 OKLAHOMA 6.8
1 DE/DT LUCAS PRITCHETT 21 6.5 288 MIAMI 6.8

I didn't really go over my needs, but they are pretty obvious... I just traded away Ed Oliver (and my 3rd DT), Tredavious White, and Tremaine Edmunds. Those positions are my top needs. I am also still looking for a 2nd safety that I like, and I am still looking for a starting Left End. I wouldn't say one is more urgent than the others, but I need to find a decent DT and CB because I need starters there.

It took me a while to come to the conclusion of who I wanted, but it has to do with a few things. 

1. MLB Vernon Anderson is an absolute stud. I mean he is almost perfect. For christ sake, he ran a 4.58 40, which in real life 2019 wouldn't be shocking, but for madden it is. He was 2nd in agility/accel and 3rd in bench. He has A- hit power and pursuit, and B+ tackle. However, he is pretty small, and there is also another LB I really like in the 3rd this year. 
  2. CB Demarco Collins... honestly the more I look at him, the more I want to take him. He has almost everything I want in a corner. 4.31 speed top in the class, top broad jump. 3 cone, shuttle, AND bench press.... and his best stat is man coverage at B+. However, he is 5'9 184, so he's a tiny little boy. This one is tough, and I think he is my first alternate.
  3. DE/DT Lucas Pritchett looks like an underweight DT, best suited as an end in a 3-4. He has 34 reps which isn't super high, probably a mid to high 80s strength. But he has above average speed and agility, is 21 years old, and has three B+ attributes. He is last on the list of these top 6 guys, and honestly I wouldn't consider him until 13. 
  4. There are 3 edge rushers here. Tim Sheppard who won the combine, Andrew Christian, and Warren Cash. They are all 21. Andrew Christian is a little undersized, and he doesn't have a finesse or power moves in his top 3 skills, but he is a pretty damn good athlete. The real choice is between Warren Cash and Tim Sheppard. 

Tim Sheppard, like I said, won the Heisman. This game has shown that that doesn't really mean ****. However, he has A- power moves, A- pursuit, and B aweareness. The awareness scares me a bit because that's an odd 3rd skill. But he is 6'5 257, ran a 4.64 40, benched 28 reps, and was average at the rest of the combine stuff. So he's fast, and strong for an edge but otherwise an average athlete. 

Warren Cash is a similar size, a little chunkier since he is a base 4-3 end and Sheppard is a 3-4 OLB. He ran a 4.75 40 which is understandable and still good for his frame. He was 2nd in the 3 cone and shuttle, and put up 32 reps. Overall, he is a better athlete than Sheppard for his size. Where it gets interesting with him though, and I will stress that this is a FIRST for me since they started this scouting style, Cash has B+ pursuit, and B+ of BOTH finesse moves and power moves. I have never seen a player have both pass rushing moves in their top 3 skills. 

Going into the draft, I am targeting Warren Cash, who is a mid 1st projection. I am praying he is there, and if not, I will hopefully have a (hard) choice between Tim Sheppard and Demarco Collins. 

Let's get this draft started. 

• With the 1st pick, the Steelers take CB Demarco Collins. He is a 79 ovr. He is gonna be amazing. 
  • The Vikings take Lucas Pritchett 2nd, who is a 75 ovr. Okay, cool. Like I said he was my 6th player in the draft, so that's good news for me, though I was kinda hoping he would find a way to me at 13. 
  • The Jets take LE RIcky Addison 3rd. I didn't even have him on either boards, weird. He's a 76 ovr. 
  • The Raiders take RG Terrell Khalil 76 ovr. Why? They took a superstar guard 2 years ago along with another good OL.

That puts me on the clock at 5. With 3 of my top 4 guys still there, I could honestly consider a trade down a few spots to pick up a pick next year, but honestly I just want to take my #1 player.

With the 5th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select, 

Warren Cash, DE, Michigan

YlXqO6am.jpgBuXpndXm.jpg

How could someone with this bad *** of a name be bad anyway? Can't wait for him and Zac Session to wreck QBs for years to come. 79 finesse moves and 76 power moves means I can turn him into whatever I want. I usually lean finesse off the left side because right tackles tend to be better at power blocking. 

Next pick is at 13. Let's see if anyone else makes it there. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1