Bucs (0-0) @ Dolphins (0-0) - Moved to Week 11

bucsfan333

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's looking more and more like we're gonna be moved up to Thursday night or Friday night.

I hope everyone that lives in the area gets through this.

I think the latest they  make a decision would be Tuesday morning.   I would be surprised if the league would want two games on the same time Thursday night.  I would expect game to be moved to Friday night.

23 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think the latest they  make a decision would be Tuesday morning.   I would be surprised if the league would want two games on the same time Thursday night.  I would expect game to be moved to Friday night.

I would expect Friday too.

44 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The only thing that surprised me today was the Koetter presser saying the team had off tomorrow.   I guess they will practice 2 days and fly out Friday morning. 

It's gotta be rough to have your weekly plan in flux over the unknown. Luckily we had an extra week with the preseason.

If there game happens Friday night that will be so odd.. it would be nationally televised I guess, but either way I have Sunday Ticket. 

From the fan perspective of opening week on Sunday I don't like our first game being on a Friday night, just doesn't feel right, but I would much rather that then then game being postponed on Sunday or a rainy mess.

From the Bucs perspective, they better be acting like this is going to be a Friday game too. I'd hope the starters have been looking at Dolphins film for a week or more now and should be ready to go.

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I honestly don't know what the best option is here.  A potential F5 hurricane certainly trumps all.  Is it the best thing for the league to move the game up a couple of days to play in a community that certainly has more important things to worry about?  Or just move the game completely out of the area.  I just don't know.   The league has a very tricky decision, IMO.

39 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I honestly don't know what the best option is here.  A potential F5 hurricane certainly trumps all.  Is it the best thing for the league to move the game up a couple of days to play in a community that certainly has more important things to worry about?  Or just move the game completely out of the area.  I just don't know.   The league has a very tricky decision, IMO.

It's definitely not an easy decision. But I'm sure the Dolphins don't wanna lose another home game too. Then again, if everyone is evacuating, what kind of home field advantage can the Dolphins exactly expect?

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's definitely not an easy decision. But I'm sure the Dolphins don't wanna lose another home game too. Then again, if everyone is evacuating, what kind of home field advantage can the Dolphins exactly expect?

Exactly, the league is a multi billionaire business.  Season ticket holders have a lot of issues to deal with in short order outside of football.   I'm not sure it is a great optic to move the game up and have your customers eat that cost with so much going on in the community. I live in Southeast PA, so maybe I'm making too much of it, I don't know.

I expect an answer from the league shortly. 

Archived