Who would you rather have your team tank for Tua or Lawrence

Vladimir L

5 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Justin Fields is just as good as Lawrence. Fields with Ryan Day offense is going to be amazing! 

That's laughable. Fields as good as Lawrence? Lawrence picked apart a Nick Saban defense and made it look easy! Last I checked Fields was struggling to win the starting job over Gunnar Hoak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

I really like Tua. He elevated the Alabama offense in ways that no other QB has achieved under Saban. Lawrence is good, and he's an upgrade over Mr. I'mma Transfer to Mizzou, but I don't know if he's THAT much better than Watson.

What does Watson have to do with this thread?

53 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Eh. I'd be more worried about the Ravens getting him if I were you.

Like yeah it would be annoying if the Patriots got him, but it would be more annoying if the Chargers had to deal with Mahomes and Lawrence 4x a year.

It would be a nightmare for me (and yes this the worst case scenario), but I do not think the Ravens are going to be awful in the next few years!

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

Watch Brady retire after this season, the Pats will tank 2020, draft lawrence in 2021 and continue another 20 years of a dynasty.

I'd stop watching football, I honestly worry about this. The other 31 teams need to make sure this doesn't happen lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

That's laughable. Fields as good as Lawrence? Lawrence picked apart a Nick Saban defense and made it look easy! Last I checked Fields was struggling to win the starting job over Gunnar Hoak.

He's not struggling to beat Hoak. Ryan Day just keep him motivated, classic coach strategy. It's similar reason Lawrence didn't start for Clemson even though it was probably clear during practice he was the better QB. Don't crown these guys until they're ready. Fields is ready but make him think he hasn't won the job so he keeps working extra hard. 

Trevor Lawrence played well but he isn't 1st QB to shed Alabama defense. Deshaun Watson did that plenty of times lmao and Manziel owned Alabama in his RS Freshman year. 

Lawrence is great and probably had the best true freshman season ever but doesn't mean he won't go without legit challenger in Fields. Him and Fields were #1 and #2 players not QBs in the country for a reason. Both special QBs. 

16 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

And? This is a Tua vs Lawrence thread, and the question is who would you rather tank for. Watson's skill level has no bearing on Tua vs Lawrence.

Did you read the comment? It was a comparison between Lawrence and Tua. 

Edit: To summarize, Lawrence has been on par with or only slightly better than his recent predecessors, whereas Tua is doing things that nobody has ever been able to do at that program. So I said that I prefer Tua.

Edited by HoboRocket

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Yeah and I have no idea where you're going with it. Are you trying to say that you'd rather have Tua than Lawrence because Tua was a bigger upgrade for Bama than Lawrence was for Clemson? If you are that's completely flawed logic.

7 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Edit: To summarize, Lawrence has been on par with or only slightly better than his recent predecessors, whereas Tua is doing things that nobody has ever been able to do at that program. So I said that I prefer Tua.

So you prefer Tua because Alabama hasn't had a great QB before him?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Did you even watch the national championship game? Lol ok put it this way, what if Lawrence played for Bama and Tua played for Clemson? 

Edited by jetjuice
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think it is a good idea to wait and see how they play this year before making a judgement. 

And I agree.

Yes I saw the National Championship. Both of the past two. What I saw two years ago was Tua breathing life into a dead offense, and then keep that momentum going to finish with the second most TDs in a single season in SEC history, shredding up most of the best defenses in the country and putting up Heisman numbers. 

Now, Lawrence played well. But he's also playing in a situation where a lot of people play well. Obviously, I'm not saying he's bad. ET and I were both gushing over him in a thread a month or a couple months ago (besides my minor nagging about his weight). 

What I'm saying is that I think both are pretty damn amazing, so the tie-breaker for me is how much they've elevated their offenses.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Lol ok put it this way, what if Lawrence played for Bama and Tua played for Clemson? 

First of all, this is an opinion thread, right? So of course I'm going to be a little biased.

If Tua played at Clemson than it'd still be a tie or at least very close. Why?

Lawrence would be making his school way better than it's ever been at a program that's the most dominant ever. When you take something that has been dubbed perfect and you make it light-years better, that means something big.

Tua would still be putting up huge numbers at Clemson. But you have a precedent of QBs doing really well in that system.

So both are doing fantastic. The tie-breaker, like I said before, would be whoever elevated their offense more. 

So then you'd think Trevor Lawrence is the winner of this comp, right?

Not so fast.

Tua Tagovailoa is left-handed. I'm left-handed.

Tua for the win.