A few predictions about the MLF Offense

skibrett15

On 8/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, incognito_man said:

I'm really high on Tonyan. He has all the tools to be a genuine break-out player. I could see Adams/MVS/Tonyan as top 3 weapons by season end.

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/47496/workouts-and-dish-duty-robert-tonyans-offseason-with-roommate-george-kittle

That was a good read thanks for sharing.  George Kittle is probably my favorite TE in the NFL to watch right now.  If there is a TE in the league that I'd want him to learn from it's definitely Kittle.  They are really similar in terms of build and athleticism.  

I had a lot of doubts about Tonyan coming into the season because it's a really tough position switch but I'd love to see him prove me wrong.  I think this offense badly needs a 3 down TE.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

I think people are extrapolating Too heavily. Yes I expect a slight boost in % of run plays,but I don't expect a ton of heavier formations or a drastic shift in run/pass ratio because that's where the talent on this team is.

+1.  We have different talent than the Titans did.  MLF should be bright enough to understand that.  He and Rodgers will make it work.

Remember, this is Rodger's most defining moment.  He has the opportunity to show everyone that it was MM who was the problem at the end.

As long as the 2nd and 11 runs for the most part die with Rodgers as QB, I'm excited about the offense.

As others have said, outside of Adams, MVS, Allison, Graham, Tonyan, EQ and the backs all have different facets to their game that can all be utilized in the pass game. I expect a good mix of personnel groupings. Although I still expect the main one to be 11 personnel, just not at the 90+% clip that you'd see from McVay.

This OL is going to be great in pass pro too. I really hope Jenkins starts at LG. While he's not quite to Taylor's level in the run game, he's already surpassed him in the pass game from what I've seen. We've been a top 5 pass pro group for awhile and Turner and Jenkins make us even better.

Greatest concern right now is the rhythm of the run game. It's been dreadful thus far. Zone blocking is a lot more timing based almost like the pass game versus that of a power man scheme. I'm hoping our top backs being back improves this. We certainly have a line athletic enough to really succeed here subbing out Taylor/McCray/Bell from last year and adding Jenkins/Turner.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

As long as the 2nd and 11 runs for the most part die with Rodgers as QB, I'm excited about the offense.

As others have said, outside of Adams, MVS, Allison, Graham, Tonyan, EQ and the backs all have different facets to their game that can all be utilized in the pass game. I expect a good mix of personnel groupings. Although I still expect the main one to be 11 personnel, just not at the 90+% clip that you'd see from McVay.

This OL is going to be great in pass pro too. I really hope Jenkins starts at LG. While he's not quite to Taylor's level in the run game, he's already surpassed him in the pass game from what I've seen. We've been a top 5 pass pro group for awhile and Turner and Jenkins make us even better.

Greatest concern right now is the rhythm of the run game. It's been dreadful thus far. Zone blocking is a lot more timing based almost like the pass game versus that of a power man scheme. I'm hoping our top backs being back improves this. We certainly have a line athletic enough to really succeed here subbing out Taylor/McCray/Bell from last year and adding Jenkins/Turner.

I wouldnt jump the gun with Jenkins. Let Pettine throw some more stunts and things at him in practice until Elgton gets the rapport and get 100 with all the protection calls. We've already got 1 new starter on the line, with half of line play being chemistry let the incumbent play until he's forced out. 

As far as the run game.. I reeeeaallly hope it's just the terrible RBs we've been using.