Texans’ RB Lamar Miller being carted off with left knee injury.

Steelersfan43

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dayne is a professional Badger so next time I see him I'll tell him thanks for the memories for you.

That was a very strange time for me. Dayne wasn't as bad as guys like Jonathan Wells or Tony Hollings, but you kinda knew you weren't getting the best out there. 

He was so slow... So slow.

Just come on and trade for Melvin Gordon already Texans, you know you want to. You get a star RB to pair with your star QB and chance to run the AFC South for the next several years. We will offer you all this in return for a few irrelevant future draft picks. This is a deal of a lifetime and with the season a week away, its crucial you respond quickly or our great G.M Thomas "Coupon God" Telesco will have no choice but to grant this once in a generation deal to some other less worthy team. 

20 minutes ago, Classic said:

Just come on and trade for Melvin Gordon already Texans, you know you want to. You get a star RB to pair with your star QB and chance to run the AFC South for the next several years. We will offer you all this in return for a few irrelevant future draft picks. This is a deal of a lifetime and with the season a week away, its crucial you respond quickly or our great G.M Thomas "Coupon God" Telesco will have no choice but to grant this once in a generation deal to some other less worthy team. 

As soon as Melvin Gordon is a "star" RB, I'll consider it. Doesn't play a full 16 games, only one season where he's eclipsed 1,000 rushing, only one season where he's gotten over 4.0 ypc. If he could put in one season where he plays 16, rushes for 1,000 and checks in at least 4.0 ypc... I'd buy that. He can't do all three at once, it seems.

Don't tell anyone (or tell everyone, I don't care) but I'm actually on Telesco's side in not paying him. He's been below average as a RB.  

The other kick in the nuts for the Texans with this injury is that the escalator that bumps the pick they traded to the Browns for Duke Johnson into as high as a 2nd is tied to playing time.  Duke's now the best pass-blocking RB they have on the roster and the most experienced runner.  Hard to see him not getting the bulk of the carries now unless BOB outsmarts himself... which is completely possible.

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

No. Chargers don't need Clowney (Ingram and Bosa are better anyways) and Gordon is vastly overrated. One season over 4.0 ypc, one season over 1,000 and one season with a full 16 games.

I'm positive you're wasting assets for Gordon.

I mean he had 997 yards in his second season and this was in only 13 games so that one basically counts as a 1k yard season, and he was well on pace for it last season without injuries.  Also 2 of those seasons were at 3.9 ypc so I wouldn’t be too concerned about that

The point about him only having played one full 16 game season is a pretty fair one, but Gordon should be able to get at least a 2nd

Archived