Modern Prototype size and speed for draftees

Danger

So I was thinking about pass rushing prospects in recent years, what seems to be ideal in teams' eyes, realized there seems to be a pretty consistent norm that most of these guys have. They're all around 6'5" 265 with speed of 4.5-4.65 

What other molds seem to have taken form. The QB one seems to be fading away now, but are others forming? I feel the EDGE rushing one is fairly accurate.

6' 3" 220 seems to be the ideal measurements for a WR, with a 40 at 4.5 or less. 

WR also seems pretty dependant on drills - if you display strong, natural hands and explode in and out of your routes when running drills, you'll be highly coveted in scouting circles.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:01 PM, ET80 said:

6' 3" 220 seems to be the ideal measurements for a WR, with a 40 at 4.5 or less. 

WR also seems pretty dependant on drills - if you display strong, natural hands and explode in and out of your routes when running drills, you'll be highly coveted in scouting circles.

Yeah I think its more of a skillset thing now and not a particular body type. Some of the best WRs in the NFL arnt all big 6"3" 220 targets like Julio Jones. Hopkins is 6'1", Hill is 5'10", Beckham is 5'11", Antonio Brown is 5'10", Juju is 6'1", Emmanuel is 5'11" ,  Edelman is 5'10", Hilton is 5'9" and Jarvis is 5'11"

There are more top 15 WRs in todays NFL that are considered undersized to the prototype than those that are. I think gone are the days of chasing size at WR and what really makes or breaks a WR is their ability to separate, route running, catch radius and hands. 

Edited by AkronsWitness