All things QB/Jameis

Lil' Shorty

Another thing to think about is IF we draft a Qb which I think its pretty likely even mid round it might be a better decision to keep Jameis because he knows the offensive scheme better than anyone else and has played in it.  If we grab someone like Dalton or whoever they will be learning a new system just like the rookie so it will be more difficult for them to adjust.   Just from the previous seasons under BA its known that Qbs struggle in their first year for the most part.  I know a lot of fans are fed up and just want Jameis gone but there are some logical reasons to keep Jameis.  If there isn't a QB drafted than it doesn't really matter IMO just grab whoever that is out there that would fit the system the best.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Listening podcasts and reading, BA was pretty protective of Palmer in his first season.  Understand the fan angst, but how many changes does a coach want to make in the next season with this team being top 4 in scoring.  Not like the defense is giving them a bunch of short fields.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Listening podcasts and reading, BA was pretty protective of Palmer in his first season.  Understand the fan angst, but how many changes does a coach want to make in the next season with this team being top 4 in scoring.  Not like the defense is giving them a bunch of short fields.

Winston is an average qb and is leading us a top 4 a scoring offense. Average. Which means the players around him Evans, Godwin mainly are pretty damn good and can make an avg qb lead a team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get the feeling Jameis is gonna get tagged? If so we should still draft a QB in the 1st. Problem is that we won and Jameis has some great plays, but the defense bailed him out of those 2 INTs. If they hadn’t, would have been the same turnover story and a loss. I just don’t see how you can extend Jameis even if we win out. 

7 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Anyone get the feeling Jameis is gonna get tagged? If so we should still draft a QB in the 1st. Problem is that we won and Jameis has some great plays, but the defense bailed him out of those 2 INTs. If they hadn’t, would have been the same turnover story and a loss. I just don’t see how you can extend Jameis even if we win out. 

I don t know what will happen, but most "extensions" by the Bucs are only guaranteed for 2 yrs.  

I m just pleased to see the defense show growth.  By far, Matt Ryan was the worst QB on the field.  His stats should have been a lot uglier.  He got a lot of breaks today.  Hopefully, the ball will start bouncing the Bucs way a little more often.

• Like 2