All things QB/Jameis

Lil' Shorty

Jameis will be back. 1 yr franchise tag or short deal with only a year or so guaranteed. Why would he sign a short deal with incentives? Cuz we’d just tag him if not. 5 year deal can’t happen yet. If he can be a 4500 30 TD and 15 INT QB over his career I can deal with that, but we aren’t there yet.

Shaq should get a long term deal. JPP a performance focused 2-3 year deal.

Draft a QB not before the 3rd round. We need OL and other positions more than a project QB if Jameis is back.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Jameis will be back. 1 yr franchise tag or short deal with only a year or so guaranteed. Why would he sign a short deal with incentives? Cuz we’d just tag him if not. 5 year deal can’t happen yet. If he can be a 4500 30 TD and 15 INT QB over his career I can deal with that, but we aren’t there yet.

Shaq should get a long term deal. JPP a performance focused 2-3 year deal.

Draft a QB not before the 3rd round. We need OL and other positions more than a project QB if Jameis is back.

BA wants 3:1 for his QB. That's what he said. If he thinks he can get that out of Jameis, we probably won't draft a QB. If there's someone in the draft he thinks he can get that out of in this offense, I wouldn't be surprised if we pull the trigger and get him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

BA wants 3:1 for his QB. That's what he said. If he thinks he can get that out of Jameis, we probably won't draft a QB. If there's someone in the draft he thinks he can get that out of in this offense, I wouldn't be surprised if we pull the trigger and get him.

The door is cracked, the end of game presser and yr end presser will be must watch.  Nothing will shock me at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

The door is cracked, the end of game presser and yr end presser will be must watch.  Nothing will shock me at this point.

I do find it intriguing that Barrett "isn't going anywhere" but "a decision hasn't been made about anyone until the end of the season" when BA's asked about Jameis.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I do find it intriguing that Barrett "isn't going anywhere" but "a decision hasn't been made about anyone until the end of the season" when BA's asked about Jameis.

Same here and that is the pause.  Also, Jameis after the Colts game, "I hope I have done enough" was telling.   

The earlier "athlete" comment was interesting because he noted it s easier to teach someone then correct a bad habit.  Does BA believe he can correct the Jameis decision making, I don t know.  

The reality is the market for a Dalton n Fitz won t be tremendous.  Signing a vet, then drafting a Qb in the first will probably save them at least 5 million then franchising Jameis.  

His tone after the Falcons will say plenty.  Even with the less then stellar local media is going to press BA repeatedly about  Jameis after the game.

I just want clarity by Monday after the game on Jameis either way.  There is no need to be vague heading into the offseason about him for the 20 season.

• Like 1