Patriots (19-0) or Dolphins (0-19)?

DoleINGout

Undefeated or Winless?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which team record is most likely to happen in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2019 at 05:00 PM

On 9/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

5 games? You've given yourself too much a buffer zone there

So you think the Pats can't go 12-4, and the Dolphs can't do the reverse? I'd say both of those are likely.

Β 

Neither will go 16-0 or 0-16 though, for sure.

I don't think Belichick really cares about going 16-0.Β  He's all about winning Lombardis.Β  Back in 2007, they had the motivation to "show 'em" after the Spygate thing, which was pretty much a big nothing-burger.Β  Having Randy Moss paired with Tom Brady didn't hurt either.Β 

As for the Dolphins going 0-16, I could absolutely see that happening after that Week 1 performance.Β  The 2008 Lions weren't near that brutal.Β  They just had some bad luck in close games that they very well could have won.Β  This Dolphin team looks fully capable of not seeing a W this season.Β 

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't think Belichick really cares about going 16-0.Β  He's all about winning Lombardis.Β  Back in 2007, they had the motivation to "show 'em" after the Spygate thing, which was pretty much a big nothing-burger.Β  Having Randy Moss paired with Tom Brady didn't hurt either.Β 

As for the Dolphins going 0-16, I could absolutely see that happening after that Week 1 performance.Β  The 2008 Lions weren't near that brutal.Β  They just had some bad luck in close games that they very well could have won.Β  This Dolphin team looks fully capable of not seeing a W this season.Β 

I agree about the Dolphins 0-16 but as for the pats compared to 07 i just think theyre a much better team than then; that much better that they dont need the added motivation to "show em".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He absolutely does not care about undefeated, you are correct.Β 

I'm with him, but I CAN think of one time where disregarding late games cost us the big time. 2015, we were secured as at least the #2 seed, and he used our last reg game (vs Miami) to test and use the running game, which hadn't been operating well at that point. We lost the game, and had to go through Denver which was too big a test for us at the time. Still suffer from that one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The truth is, neither team can obtain either record in the year 2019 as the poll question asks.

It was a trick question all along.

At most, 16 games are scheduled/can be played in 2019.

All potential playoff wins and losses will occur in the year 2020.

So ha, there. πŸ€ͺ

I find it funny that you were trying to be cheeky and yet, you were still wrong. At least about the Patriots.

If you wanna play that card (using literal year rather than season year), then the Patriots are already 4-0 in 2019, and winning every game for the rest of the year will indeed make them 19-0 in 2019.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I find it funny that you were trying to be cheeky and yet, you were still wrong. At least about the Patriots.

If you wanna play that card (using literal year rather than season year), then the Patriots are already 4-0 in 2019, and winning every game for the rest of the year will indeed make them 19-0 in 2019.

The post you just quoted is a joke, my cheesy Nacho friend.

And including all games possibly played in 2019, including the four pre-season games like you suggested, the best record the Patriots could earn would be 19-1 since they lost to the Giants 29-31. πŸ˜‰

Just now, DoleINGout said:

The post you just quoted is a joke, my cheesy Nacho friend.

And including all games possibly played in 2019, including the four pre-season games like you suggested, the best record the Patriots could earn would be 19-1 since they lost to the Giants 29-31. πŸ˜‰

I included no preseason games, I was referring to the Patriots postseason games last season .

• Like 1