2020 Draft thread

lavar703

3 hours ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

I agree he's not amazing but also with just the team and cap situation. Despite what Ron said we won't be top contenders. Cutting Norman/Reed and maybe trading Trent would have the Skins around 70 million in cap.

Not sure they'd be in a hurry to save more to cut the veteran WR. We don't know Paul's relationship with the team. Maybe he is a great leader and the fact hes been unlucky with injury may keep him around.

Richardson’s contract can be voided after two years. If we keep him this offseason then, we are on the hook for 3 more years and $28.3 million. He can’t stay healthy, his best position on the team is the one which Terry McLaurin plays, and obviously Terry has surpassed him. We can sign a vet WR for cheaper than Richardson for the production we got out of him the last two seasons or draft one like KJ Hamler in round 3 or like I proposed Nico Collins or someone else in those mid rounds.

We had 3 rookie WRs outplay Richardson last year and Quinn played equivalent to him. There is no reason to retain Richardson bc we surpassed his production with the rookies from this years team, we could sign a cheaper vet who can be equivalent to him and even Quinn was equivalent to Richardson last year and as it stands right now w/o the offseason Quinn is our #4 WR.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No one can convice me Richardson should not be cut ASAP. Let him prove whatever he has left with another team. Dude clearly was a wasted signing. 

Not only that, but the next 3 years he gets more expensive if we don’t cut him in March. Next year he’s due $8.3 million, then in 2021 & 2022, $10 million each.

It’s a huge waste of money to pay that much for at best your 3rd best WR who can’t stay off the trainers table.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Not only that, but the next 3 years he gets more expensive if we don’t cut him in March. Next year he’s due $8.3 million, then in 2021 & 2022, $10 million each.

It’s a huge waste of money to pay that much for at best your 3rd best WR who can’t stay off the trainers table.

He's hasn't even proven to be a 3rd WR here yet. That money could seriously go to someone else contributing to the team on the field. 

8 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

He's hasn't even proven to be a 3rd WR here yet. That money could seriously go to someone else contributing to the team on the field. 

I said at best he’s our 3rd best WR which, he is if he’s healthy, but we can’t depend on him bc of injury.

And we agree on the $, he’s certainly not worth that $ and I’d much rather watch Harmon, Quinn and Cam Sims be average WRs on rookie deals then watch PRich be at best slightly above average while making $8 to $10 million over the next 3 years.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I said at best he’s our 3rd best WR which, he is if he’s healthy, but we can’t depend on him bc of injury.

And we agree on the $, he’s certainly not worth that $ and I’d much rather watch Harmon, Quinn and Cam Sims be average WRs on rookie deals then watch PRich be at bear slightly above average while making $8 to $10 million over the next 3 years.

Hopefully Rivera can agree he needs to be gone before that money kicks in. 

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I’m sure he will. He raved about the young talent at WR when we played them, and Paul Richardson didn’t play that game, so obviously he was looking at Terry, Steve Sims and Harmon who had 3 recs for 51 yards that game and we all know Dwayne missed a few open receivers that game too.

Edited by turtle28

32 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Those values start kicking in when March rolls around. He will hold a $8,321,500 cap number ($6M salary, $2M in signing bonus proration, $0.3125M in LTBE roster bonus). After that, he'll have $10M cap charges in 2021 and 2022.

While they won't have to make a decision on Richardson by the time the 2020 league starts and free agency opens (March 18), they probably should since his cap space and roster spot could be freed up for other purposes if they don't plan on keeping him.

Keep in mind that Rivera and the rest of the coaching staff won't have a chance to meet with Richardson before then. Excluding coaches who are kept (which right now only sounds like O'Connell since Hilliard is gone), none of the staff involved in the passing game has any ties to Richardson.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Those values start kicking in when March rolls around. He will hold a $8,321,500 cap number ($6M salary, $2M in signing bonus proration, $0.3125M in LTBE roster bonus). After that, he'll have $10M cap charges in 2021 and 2022.

While they won't have to make a decision on Richardson by the time the 2020 league starts and free agency opens (March 18), they probably should since his cap space and roster spot could be freed up for other purposes if they don't plan on keeping him.

Keep in mind that Rivera and the rest of the coaching staff won't have a chance to meet with Richardson before then. Excluding coaches who are kept (which right now only sounds like O'Connell since Hilliard is gone), none of the staff involved in the passing game has any ties to Richardson.

Understandable but Hopefully watching this years film Rivera has seen his absence. Or it's brung to his attention. Rivera did mention in his Press Conference that if people saw problems bring it to him so he could address it. 

22 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Understandable but Hopefully watching this years film Rivera has seen his absence. Or it's brung to his attention. Rivera did mention in his Press Conference that if people saw problems bring it to him so he could address it. 

Not a whole lot of tape for Rivera to watch (17 games, 10 starts); 77 targets, 48 catches

*shrugs* His call I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Nothing spectacular for a a guy going forward who would cost us the type of money his contract demands. 

Only issue I have with this is that keeping Richardson means giving him reps during OTAs and training camp. Those are reps that won't go to McLaurin, Harmon, and Sims, as well as Quinn and C. Sims. Given the youth of all of them and Haskins, I want them to develop together. I'm just not sure I see where Richardson fits into the picture going forward.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Only issue I have with this is that keeping Richardson means giving him reps during OTAs and training camp. Those are reps that won't go to McLaurin, Harmon, and Sims, as well as Quinn and C. Sims. Given the youth of all of them and Haskins, I want them to develop together. I'm just not sure I see where Richardson fits into the picture going forward.

I don't want to keep Richardson. 

20 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't want to keep Richardson. 

Oh. I guess I misunderstood when you started talking about Rivera watching film on Richardson and his contract is what his value was.

I guess we're in agreement to cut him and recoup the $2.3M in cap savings then?

• Like 1