BDL 2019 Week 2 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5's 

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5's   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Oklahoma City EF5's

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2019 at 04:01 AM

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

So from what I gathered from @wwhickok plan it's a bunch of different zone looks with 5-6 DBs, 2 LBs, 3-4 DL/Edge players, with blitzes on 45% of the snaps and a gap control DL?

It that correct ww?

Not all at once obviously. That's flat impossible.

Gap control is my priority. The blitzes go hand in hand with the zone coverage and gap control. Think LeBeau zone blitz defense.

Obviously when LBs arent on the field in #s itd be DBs. I plan, because of the improved Passing to often have more DBs on the field than LBs. In these situations it's less about gap control and more about covering receivers.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Where is my shocked face.

It's just how it goes when you take over with a rough team. Okc is solid all around. I think their defense especially is where they have an advantage. Their pass rush is going to have plenty of success against your OL and I think their secondary will be able to limit Ben's weapons. I think your defense will have a good amount of stops as well but it just won't be enough.

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It's just how it goes when you take over with a rough team. Okc is solid all around. I think their defense especially is where they have an advantage. Their pass rush is going to have plenty of success against your OL and I think their secondary will be able to limit Ben's weapons. I think your defense will have a good amount of stops as well but it just won't be enough.

My team isnt that bad. But apparently its destined for 0-16. And my OL isnt bad, at all 

Edited by wwhickok

59 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

My team isnt that bad. But apparently its destined for 0-16. And my OL isnt bad, at all 

Your team wouldn't be bad in the NFL but in a condensed league where every team is vastly more talented than any NFL team, it is not so great. 

I this the WSR O vs OKC D is well balanced. I really like that WSR used his best weapon in Ridley in the weaker spot of OKC D. I don't think Desir should play the slot position, I don't remember seeing him there at all IRL. Maybe it's Whicker best option but that's certainly a spot where ww attacked and that would work. OKC zone schemes will likely limit the effectiveness of Ben long passing game, but I like Cobb propsects in this one as well. Running game can have decent sucess too as I think of OKC OL as a better pass rushing unit (though run defense isn't bad or anything) but I don't except a record breaking day either. I do worry about protection here. OKC brings a great DL and while WSR OL isn't terrible, I don't see one spot where I can say yeah this player will win most of his matchups. With 7 men in coverage that's a huge bonus for OKC. Also, maybe Judon should start over Kerrigan? Right now Judon is looking solid.

I'm not exactly fond of the decision of ww to go mainly zone. The strength of this team is in the back 7, and while OKC has a lot of good weapons, they don't have any necessarily someone who can kill you all game. Maybe Thielen but Byron Jones is one of the best CB in the NFL. Trust your secondary in this one, especially with OKC almost inexistant ground game. Because WSR pass rush isn't good, they have to rely on blitzes and that opens up bigger holes in the defense, or at least bigger zones to defend. WSR has some rangy players and again, I don't see them being threatened by OKC run game, but I think they would have better success covering their guys 1vs1 in man and bring pressure with an extra blitzer or two. 

I think this is a close game as OKC is too one dimensional. But I do think that when it's the 4th quarter and you have to convert a 3rd or 4th down, Stafford will have more ease to find someone open and have the protection to hit him than Ben. It's the difference for me. 27-23 OKC

Also @wwhickok some advice for you in terms of gameplanning:

• No OL rotation as Whicker already said. I didn't knock you for it but it's definitely not something I'd recommend.
  • Don't jump to another paragraph whenever you finish a sentence. It's just formatting but seeing "Byron Jones shadows Thielen" on one line and "Nelson gets Woods" one line below is unnecessary and, imho, no very reader-friendly. Same thing with gap assignments. Put everything into one paragraph.
  • Be careful about how you sequence your planning. In this one you said "against 2WR sets we will play mostly man coverage ...". Next paragraph you're saying "We respect OKC WR and we will play mostly zone". I assumed you were talking about nickel and dime sets but you never mentioned it explicitly. If it was a more experienced owner it would probably be something that would have entered in my voting judgement. 
  • Overall I would prefer (and I think it would be more effective for you too tbh) a more constructed approach to your gameplan. You know what you want to do there's no issue with that (which is the most important part), but everything isn't linked together and I ended up losing your points of emphasis while reading it. Though that may just be me being tired. As you play more game you'll get used to it, but if you want me to check out your plan before next week so I can help you format it in a more friendly way, let ke know
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I this the WSR O vs OKC D is well balanced. I really like that WSR used his best weapon in Ridley in the weaker spot of OKC D. I don't think Desir should play the slot position, I don't remember seeing him there at all IRL. Maybe it's Whicker best option but that's certainly a spot where ww attacked and that would work. OKC zone schemes will likely limit the effectiveness of Ben long passing game, but I like Cobb propsects in this one as well. Running game can have decent sucess too as I think of OKC OL as a better pass rushing unit (though run defense isn't bad or anything) but I don't except a record breaking day either. I do worry about protection here. OKC brings a great DL and while WSR OL isn't terrible, I don't see one spot where I can say yeah this player will win most of his matchups. With 7 men in coverage that's a huge bonus for OKC. Also, maybe Judon should start over Kerrigan? Right now Judon is looking solid.

I'm not exactly fond of the decision of ww to go mainly zone. The strength of this team is in the back 7, and while OKC has a lot of good weapons, they don't have any necessarily someone who can kill you all game. Maybe Thielen but Byron Jones is one of the best CB in the NFL. Trust your secondary in this one, especially with OKC almost inexistant ground game. Because WSR pass rush isn't good, they have to rely on blitzes and that opens up bigger holes in the defense, or at least bigger zones to defend. WSR has some rangy players and again, I don't see them being threatened by OKC run game, but I think they would have better success covering their guys 1vs1 in man and bring pressure with an extra blitzer or two. 

I think this is a close game as OKC is too one dimensional. But I do think that when it's the 4th quarter and you have to convert a 3rd or 4th down, Stafford will have more ease to find someone open and have the protection to hit him than Ben. It's the difference for me. 27-23 OKC

Also @wwhickok some advice for you in terms of gameplanning:

• No OL rotation as Whicker already said. I didn't knock you for it but it's definitely not something I'd recommend.
  • Don't jump to another paragraph whenever you finish a sentence. It's just formatting but seeing "Byron Jones shadows Thielen" on one line and "Nelson gets Woods" one line below is unnecessary and, imho, no very reader-friendly. Same thing with gap assignments. Put everything into one paragraph.
  • Be careful about how you sequence your planning. In this one you said "against 2WR sets we will play mostly man coverage ...". Next paragraph you're saying "We respect OKC WR and we will play mostly zone". I assumed you were talking about nickel and dime sets but you never mentioned it explicitly. If it was a more experienced owner it would probably be something that would have entered in my voting judgement. 
  • Overall I would prefer (and I think it would be more effective for you too tbh) a more constructed approach to your gameplan. You know what you want to do there's no issue with that (which is the most important part), but everything isn't linked together and I ended up losing your points of emphasis while reading it. Though that may just be me being tired. As you play more game you'll get used to it, but if you want me to check out your plan before next week so I can help you format it in a more friendly way, let ke know

Yeah I think I want so deep in to my game plan and the when you read back at it I must have forgotten some of what I wrote

Just now, wwhickok said:

For the record whicker I wasn't necessarily saying it's better than yours I just don't agree with the assessment is not good

I was making a comment towards Ted (which btw Ted and I disagree on like everything) and I decided it wasn't worth it because we'll fight plenty this year about stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

I was making a comment towards Ted (which btw Ted and I disagree on like everything) and I decided it wasn't worth it because we'll fight plenty this year about stuff.

Common, I voted on every game, I can't start to gameplan Hockey before waivers. I have free time, let's get at it