Which team would you rather be in 2019?

Hunter2_1

Pats or Chiefs  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these would you rather be this season?

• New England Patriots
    • Kansas City Chiefs

Pats

- Haven't surrendered a TD since the AFCCG

- On pace (obviously not sustainable) to give up fewer points than 2000 Ravens

- Enough weapons and creativity on offense to score 30 points most weeks

Chiefs

- Can be held scoreless for 3Qs, and then win the game by 20 points...

- A seemingly unstoppable offense that is almost guaranteed to score 30 points 

- Scores from nothing, making it look easy

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Pats

- Haven't surrendered a TD since the AFCCG

- On pace (obviously not sustainable) to give up fewer points than 2000 Ravens

- Enough weapons and creativity on offense to score 30 points most weeks

Chiefs

- Can be held scoreless for 3Qs, and then win the game by 20 points...

- A seemingly unstoppable offense that is almost guaranteed to score 30 points 

- Scores from nothing, making it look easy

I don't like your description of the Chiefs (neither the Pats'). This is a defense that won't be that far away from the Pats when it's all said and done.

Edited by Buckweath

Just now, Buckweath said:

Lol, can't take a comment!?

I'm sorry I hurt your fragile ego.

Absolutely I can. If you disagree, that's fine. But you haven't backed it up. You haven't provided any substance at all - you're also known as a homer, so I'm not really taking your comment seriously. Also, my post done nothing but compliment KC - I didn't even say they had a poor D, I just highlighted 3 things that stand out for each team. It's YOUR fragile, homeristic ego that's actually hurt xD

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

I don't like your description of the Chiefs (neither the Pats'). This is a defense that won't be that far away from the Pats when it's all said and done.

The Chiefs defense will be improved. That being said they will still be miles away from the Patriots defense.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

The Chiefs defense will be improved. That being said they will still be miles away from the Patriots defense.

It's shame that the Pats defense will be facing bad QBs a lot because we won't really know how good they are until they face decent offenses.

I don't see the Pats as a top 5 D. Not sure top 10.

They will be statistically because of facing the egregious Dolphins twice, the Jets sans Darnold possibly twice, etc. but overall I'm just not sure they're a top defense.

I see the Chiefs as around middle of the pack. I see the Pats as borderline top 10, maybe top 10. I wouldn't call this miles away.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

It's shame that the Pats defense will be facing bad QBs a lot because we won't really know how good they are until they face decent offenses.

I don't see the Pats as a top 5 D. Not sure top 10.

They will be statistically because of facing the egregious Dolphins twice, the Jets sans Darnold possibly twice, etc. but overall I'm just not sure they're a top defense.

I see the Chiefs as around middle of the pack. I see the Pats as borderline top 10, maybe top 10. I wouldn't call this miles away.

and your reasoning for that is?

The facts say that the Patriots defense gave up 65 points (16 per game) against Rivers, Mahomes, Goff and Big Ben which included 14 garbage points by the Chargers. They gave up 7 points in 1st halves in those games (2 points per 1st half given up).

But maybe you are right and this defense will give up 30 points per game against good QBs.

20 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

and your reasoning for that is?

The facts say that the Patriots defense gave up 65 points (16 per game) against Rivers, Mahomes, Goff and Big Ben which included 14 garbage points by the Chargers. They gave up 7 points in 1st halves in those games (2 points per 1st half given up).

But maybe you are right and this defense will give up 30 points per game against good QBs.

I don't think the Pats Dline is good enough to be a top defense and that's usually the first thing I look at with the secondary being a close second.

Very good secondary. I guess above-average LB group.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

I don't think the Pats Dline is good enough to be a top defense and that's usually the first thing I look at with the secondary being a close second.

Very good secondary. I guess above-average LB group.

what about the Chiefs? I mean I hope you're right, I drafted them in fantasy...:D

Chris Jones obviously a nightmare. Nothing from Clark yet? What else?

The Chiefs have a strong to very strong Dline. Frank Clark has been solid but not many splash plays. More is expected of him for sure.

The LBs have been decent.

Thornhill has been rather good while Mathieu has been Ok. We don't notice him much.

The CBs are not good enough but had a rather strong game against the Raiders. Fuller and a bunch of prayers. They're not bad though.

• 2 weeks later...