RB Saquon Barkley suffers high ankle sprain

Acgott

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I hope the 2nd opinion is because he wants to be back in 2 weeks instead of 4-5, and not because he wants to be back in 4 weeks instead of 8. Now I'm concerned

Dude high ankle sprains are nasty. If you're hoping for 2 weeks you're going to be extremely disappointed. I know he's a freak athlete with relentless work ethic, but it would be a miracle he's back fully healthy before week 7.

21 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Hurts and Tagovailoa were back in 4 weeks from their high ankle sprains after tightrope surgery. A recommendation of no surgery insinuates, to me at least, that he can be back in 4 weeks without surgery. I think this is good news.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:34 PM, w4rrior723 said:

Dude high ankle sprains are nasty. If you're hoping for 2 weeks you're going to be extremely disappointed. I know he's a freak athlete with relentless work ethic, but it would be a miracle he's back fully healthy before week 7.

I'm not saying I'm hoping for 2 weeks, I'm saying Saquon probably is, considering he came back from a high ankle sprain after missing only 2 games his freshman year of college. I don't think he'll be back later than the Monday night Cowboys game in early November. I'd love to have him back for the Cardinals game in a few weeks though.

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Hurts and Tagovailoa were back in 4 weeks from their high ankle sprains after tightrope surgery. A recommendation of no surgery insinuates, to me at least, that he can be back in 4 weeks without surgery. I think this is good news.

I'm not saying I'm hoping for 2 weeks, I'm saying Saquon probably is, considering he came back from a high ankle sprain after missing only 2 games his freshman year of college. I don't think he'll be back later than the Monday night Cowboys game in early November. I'd love to have him back for the Cardinals game in a few weeks though.

Tua is a QB. Saquon is a RB. Two completely different positions that require much different use of your ankles. Especially when you are an explosive player that cuts the way Barkley does. I hope you're right, man. I just don't want to rush him back. The fact that we have Jones now is all the more reason to let him rest up. Those two have a promising future together. It's about a lot more than just this season. The worst thing that could happen is to bring him back when he's "good enough" to play, but not 100%. Then he reinjures, making it a longer term issue. However long it takes him to FULLY heal, is how long he should take. If that's 4 weeks, great. I just find that hard to believe. But we'll see.

7 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Tua is a QB. Saquon is a RB. Two completely different positions that require much different use of your ankles. Especially when you are an explosive player that cuts the way Barkley does. I hope you're right, man. I just don't want to rush him back. The fact that we have Jones now is all the more reason to let him rest up. Those two have a promising future together. It's about a lot more than just this season. The worst thing that could happen is to bring him back when he's "good enough" to play, but not 100%. Then he reinjures, making it a longer term issue. However long it takes him to FULLY heal, is how long he should take. If that's 4 weeks, great. I just find that hard to believe. But we'll see.

Hurts came back in 4 weeks, and he is a dynamic runner as well. I agree though, it is definitely more important he get healthy for the long term. It sucks we finally get a QB and Saquon gets hurt. It feels like when OBJ turned it on his rookie year then Cruz got hurt shortly after.