Another trade? Who's this new GM?

warfelg

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Jets are trying to trade R.Anderson. Isn't he more of a deep threat? Would you trade for him?

Not gonna lie, he would look good in our offense.  He could take that #1 X position and run with it.  Then if JW can figure it out, he can be the other outside, and Juju and DJ can run the slots.

He is gonna cost a lot though... at least our #2... and he is on a one year deal and will want some $$$ next year.... $$$ we do not have... 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'd really like us to take a chance on Josh Gordon if he becomes available. He had seemingly turned his life around. He isnt gonna cost much the risk would be very low.

I'd pass. Stay with players that have no off field issues in their past. 

52 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I'd pass. Stay with players that have no off field issues in their past. 

While I don't disagree with your logic, if we are sitting at 4-4 two weeks from now, I would seriously consider it, especially if James Washington doesn't step up. Sign Gordon for half a season, then move on. I don't think it'll happen, but if we win our next two games, we need to consider it. Our running game sucks right now, and it's largely because we have no downfield passing game, which Gordon could surely help with. Well, that and letting Rudolph sling it around a little more.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

While I don't disagree with your logic, if we are sitting at 4-4 two weeks from now, I would seriously consider it, especially if James Washington doesn't step up. Sign Gordon for half a season, then move on. I don't think it'll happen, but if we win our next two games, we need to consider it. Our running game sucks right now, and it's largely because we have no downfield passing game, which Gordon could surely help with. Well, that and letting Rudolph sling it around a little more.

That is exactly my thought process and just purely based on talent he would be the best available on the market 

41 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

this is all fine and dandy...until he possibly? falls off and retreats to his old ways. Nobody wishes that to happen, but if you are counting on him (and he occupies a roster spot) and he goes back to his old ways, then what?  Talent speaking, it's a no brainer to sign flash gordon  but its the rest I wouldn't be cool with. It would be a concern day to day or at least week to week unfortunately

14 hours ago, 3rivers said:

this is all fine and dandy...until he possibly? falls off and retreats to his old ways. Nobody wishes that to happen, but if you are counting on him (and he occupies a roster spot) and he goes back to his old ways, then what?  Talent speaking, it's a no brainer to sign flash gordon  but its the rest I wouldn't be cool with. It would be a concern day to day or at least week to week unfortunately

But by the time that likely happens...or...at least, by the time he gets CAUGHT reverting back to his old habits, we will have likely gotten what we needed out of him in the short term, while our running game is in shambles...

Unfortunately, this is a time when we need Ben...we could have loaded up the passing game, and let him take this team on his shoulders, and 'pass' our way to victory; not sure if Rudolph can shoulder that load.  But at the very least, I hope they are looking closely at grabbing a 3rd Dn RB with excellent blocking skills, as well as able to be counted on for 4-5 screen passes per game.  Why?  Well, apparently this team misses Munchak more than we thought we would; our OL performance has dropped down to a near bottom-5 OL...all in one season. Don't let our performance against the 30th ranked Rush Defense fool anyone...that was more about the Dolphins ineptness, than our dominance in the running game.

So, with that said...any pass-catching RBs, or maybe even some H-Backs on the market we can take advantage of?  We are blessed with a fairly benign schedule through the rest of the season; Indy at 5-2 is a fluke, and the Ravens...well...that's always a close game that could go either way.  No reason NOT to believe that if we play our cards right, we could conceivably end up 9-7 or 10-6.  We've already played the hardest part of our schedule--assuming a Bills L and a Rams L...the rest are very winnable games, and we could conceivably head in to Baltimore with a 9-6 record...