NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

16 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yup, Lakers deserved the win, couldn't stop Lebron whatsoever, but they were letting Jokic get hammered. That jump ball was bad, but by far the worst call of the night was Howard backing down Jokic, gets away with two questionable shoulder bumps and then after he misses the layup the late call comes in on Jokic. I was floored by that call. Refs have to let the defender match the physicality of the player posting up on the back down (which Jokic didn't even do). Then on of course on the other end Jokic didn't get a single call.

I thought JVG made a great point about post play. Defenders get to be physical and foul the hell outta post players. Especially Jokic who is massive and gets some of that Shaq treatment by officials. He's gotta get a little more like AD and Embiid and go flailing. 

59 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I hate this storyline as well. The Pelicans were already playing better before Zion came back.

And carries? Dude, the Pelicans were a trendy playoff pick before the season started and have 2 All-Stars on their team.

Obviously I'm being defensive because I'm a Grizzlies fan, but this is starting to get a little frustrating.

Trendy playoff pick because of Zion. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

If Zion leads the Pelicans to the playoffs he'll win ROY. Hes the better player, he'll have the better numbers, and he's a huge reason they're making a playoff push. 

He'll have played 37 games. Like I said: 0% chance. They were 10-4 the last 14 before he showed up too.

Edited by Bullet Club

Morant deserves to be the heavy favorite as of now but to say zero chance I don't agree with. And it doesn't matter if New Orleans was 10 and 4 before Zion got there the point is Zion is receiving a lot of hype all while playing great, if it gets close and the Pelicans pushed past Memphis at the end of the year the hypet may get to the point where they going to give it to him whether he deserves it or not

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Morant deserves to be the heavy favorite as of now but to say zero chance I don't agree with. And it doesn't matter if New Orleans was 10 and 4 before Zion got there the point is Zion is receiving a lot of hype all while playing great, if it gets close and the Pelicans pushed past Memphis at the end of the year the hypet may get to the point where they going to give it to him whether he deserves it or not

So if the Pelicans sneak past the Grizzlies that overcomes the fact that Ja played twice as many games and had his team overachieving a lot more? That doesn't make any sense. You can't win rookie of the year playing less than half the games in a season. Especially when someone who has played regularly has been legitimately excellent.

Edited by Bullet Club

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

So if the Pelicans sneak past the Grizzlies that overcomes the fact that Ja played twice as many games and had his team overachieving a lot more? That doesn't make any sense. You can't win rookie of the year playing less than half the games in a season. Especially when someone who has played regularly has been legitimately excellent.

What you said can be qualified as a rule, I'm only expressing that there are exceptions to the rule and again not saying Zion or marant deserves it just stating the claim that there will be a lot of people giving vast amount of credit to Zion and probably voting for him

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

What you said can be qualified as a rule, I'm only expressing that there are exceptions to the rule and again not saying Zion or marant deserves it just stating the claim that there will be a lot of people giving vast amount of credit to Zion and probably voting for him

I'm sure he will receive plenty of hype and a couple of votes. I understand that. He absolutely won't win.