NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean no surprise he is lost on the defensive end....But dude can get buckets. Will be fun to see how he develops this offseason heading into next year. He's hardly played any ball since HS so being bad defensively is expected. 

Oh for sure bro. I wouldn't expect anything else. It's crazy he pretty much missed 2 key developmental years and hasn't played. His rebounding has actually been fantastic - he just has a really high bball IQ and feel which I wasn't necessarily expecting. I think this has been a really humbling experience for him and I was concerned about his mindset coming into this year but I can't say enough about how impressive he has been and how good Malone is with developing these guys. But key concerns are obviously his lateral speed and movement overall after the injuries - he's smooth but doesn't look very agile yet. And the defense needs to continue to get better for him to be able to play key playoff minutes 

On 12/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, NYRaider said:
On 12/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, NYRaider said:

Jazz 2-1 against the Clippers this year. LeBron got locked up while Kawhi did whatever he wanted against the Lakers. Royce O'Neale took Kawhi's soul and they had no answer for Spida down the stretch. 

Lmao. 

like I said - Utah always starts slow and then goes on some absurd run when the schedule softens up. they still have plenty to prove. 

50 minutes ago, champ11 said:

like I said - Utah always starts slow and then goes on some absurd run when the schedule softens up. they still have plenty to prove. 

You also said we weren’t a title contender. We’re built to succeed in the playoffs more than Denver. This is the best start that Snyder has had in his career and we’ve done it without our second best offensive player. #TakeNote

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You also said we weren’t a title contender. We’re built to succeed in the playoffs more than Denver. This is the best start that Snyder has had in his career and we’ve done it without our second best offensive player. #TakeNote

Utah isn't a real title contender. Neither is Denver. Denver has more upside tho. 

Edited by champ11

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Utah isn't a real title contender. Neither is Denver. Denver has more upside tho. 

Utah has more upside because we have perimeter players that can isolate and take over games with their scoring. Denver isn't a threat at all because your best player will get clamped up in the playoffs against any of the good teams. Jamal Murray and Gary Harris is one of the worst starting backcourts of any playoff team in the West guy.

Edited by NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Utah has more upside because we have perimeter players that can isolate and take over games with their scoring. Denver isn't a threat at all because your best player will get clamped up in the playoffs against any of the good teams. Jamal Murray and Gary Harris is one of the worst starting backcourts of any playoff team in the West guy.

The player coming off a 25/13/10 playoff debut run? Jokic is a borderline top 5 player. That's the difference between my squad and your squad. I feel like I don't even need to address the worst starting backcourt thing because nahhhh

The Jazz went all in this offseason with a 32 year old point guard (they are best with the ball in Mitchell's hands as much as possible - incompetent team management on multiple levels) and a 30 year old wing. The Nuggets best players are 24 and 22. We not only have higher upside this season but moving forward as well. Feels great 

26 minutes ago, champ11 said:

The player coming off a 25/13/10 playoff debut run? Jokic is a borderline top 5 player. That's the difference between my squad and your squad. I feel like I don't even need to address the worst starting backcourt thing because nahhhh

The Jazz went all in this offseason with a 32 year old point guard (they are best with the ball in Mitchell's hands as much as possible - incompetent team management on multiple levels) and a 30 year old wing. The Nuggets best players are 24 and 22. We not only have higher upside this season but moving forward as well. Feels great 

We'll see who goes further in the postseason this year. Denver doesn't scare me at all. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We'll see who goes further in the postseason this year. Denver doesn't scare me at all. 

I could see either squad losing first round or getting to the WCF. It's tough for me to see either team beating one of the LA teams (without significant injuries) in a playoff series.

I think the Jazz's starting 5 has a decently high ceiling if Conley can stop being a pumpkin and Bojan stays playing at a high level. The bench is horrible but that matters less in the playoffs. Nuggets ceiling is pretty dependent on Jamal Murray continuing to improve. They are really good as is and can't really get to that next level until Jamal takes a little leap. Highly possible with how is career has gone thus far and how he improves each season. I think overall the Nuggets are a better team rn (Jokic + better depth/quality around him), but yes dependent on the perimeter creation getting better in the playoffs  

• Like 1