Week 1 Overreaction Thread

MightyMouse07

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Both PFF and STATS LLC(the NFL's official stat tracker) have Joe Thomas listed with 0 sacks allowed.

w0ITio78RcWF7K0XceuQnw.png

and

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8257&team=5

So something is funky about that sack supposedly being against Thomas.

That's because that sack wasn't on Joe Thomas, it was Shon Coleman (and Kizer). It was a 3-step drop and Kizer held onto the ball too long allowing Coleman to get beat by Timmons on an inside swim forcing the pressure way before Watt even got there. Thomas held his block against Watt given the allotted time on that particular type of play, which by design should only be 3 seconds.

These are the type of things that stats don't tell you. Watt got credited for the sack but in actuality it was Timmons who should get the credit.

I also noticed on all-22 that it looked like one of the receivers ran the wrong route as well which would explain why Kizer held the ball as long as he did. But that's just speculating on my part. 

On 9/14/2017 at 1:08 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

Trying to recreate the issue - I don't show anything wrong when I checked your message, but don't know why it's not embedding. Give me a few to play around with it.

Was just doing the same thing a minute ago until I read his thread(or his post with your edit) and saw that you figured it out. Thanks. It's a good piece of info for future reference.

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2017 at 7:25 AM, MightyMouse07 said:

And like clockwork it begins.

Kareem Hunt is the next Zeke and will set a new rookie rushing record.  On pace for 2000 total yards and 10 TD. 

Alex Smith will throw for 30 TDs this season. On pace for 4500 yards and 32 TD.

Patriots D will be bottom 10 in scoring on a per game basis. Middle of the pack.

Brady will be playing his final season this year. Hmmm.

Alright just warming us up for the weekend. Let's hear some more heat checks.

How are you feeling about your overreactions?

J

Archived