Off Topic: The DC Defenders/XFL Thread

aceinthehouse

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

McMahon did a good job hiring Oliver Luck. If it fails it’s not because they put a poor product out there. 

He hired Luck and let him do it's thing.  I highly recommend listening to Something To Wrestle with Bruce Prichard podcast's episode about the XFL.  It was such a cluster at the beginning.  With Vince hiring Luck, who ran a similar scale organization in NFL Europe and with connections in the college game to get some players to come out, it was an extremely smart decision.  Also smart of him to hire Paul Heyman and Prichard to run the wrestling shows, so he can devote attention wherever he sees fit, but has people in place who understand and execute the vision when he isn't there.  

To think, we almost had Vince as owner before Snyder stepped in.  

• Like 3

I like it! Really good coaches, 10 or so players who have played or can still play in nfl, and fast moving innovative adjustments the nfl should adapt. A few years ago I wanted Scoobie and would have loved having cardale rather than butt fumble playing in the regular season games. 

• Like 1

‪P.J. Walker makes stellar XFL debut

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/09/p-j-walker-makes-stellar-xfl-debut/

P.J. Walker, who was known in the NFL as Philip Walker, had a very good day for the Houston Roughnecks, leading them to a 37-17 win over the L.A. Wildcats. Walker completed 23 of 39 passes for 272 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. He spread the ball around to eight different receivers, adding 26 yards rushing on four attempts.

48 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Kurt Warner-esque 

wouldn’t it be a great story for o e of these guys who have been one step from selling sports gear at ***** to make it big in the NFL. I am a sucker for the underdog 

Me too. People keep wondering why I’m always defending fringe starters or back ups and this is why. I love seeing a mid round, late round or undrafted player become a starter.