Baker needs to be let go.....

Madmax

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Last night was ridiculous with the lack of protection. My 9ers just about moved in and called Baker a roommate! No one could stop Nick Bosa. 

The Browns have GOT to spend picks or $$$ on that OL or Baker will get just as broken as Luck, Bradford, Carr and now perhaps Newton...

Yessir. We’ve found our line is adequate against so so olines. Against an elite one like yours and we’re garbage. 

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Callaway is like dating a 10, that isnt interested in you. We need to dog house the guy and he can llay when he is ready to give 100%

Yeah we should have probably just used him to stretch the field a couple of plays instead of just rolling him out as the third WR.  But to be fair, it's easier to say in hindsight and we have no idea how he looked in practice.

But Tuesday morning coach in me says that our staff should have known better than to make the unreliable guy such an important part of our offense his first week back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah we should have probably just used him to stretch the field a couple of plays instead of just rolling him out as the third WR.  But to be fair, it's easier to say in hindsight and we have no idea how he looked in practice.

But Tuesday morning coach in me says that our staff should have known better than to make the unreliable guy such an important part of our offense his first week back.

Problem is that we cant run deep routes because our offensive line cant buy enough time for Baker to read the field and make a comfortable throw without 3 defenders swarming him

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Problem is that we cant run deep routes because our offensive line cant buy enough time for Baker to read the field and make a comfortable throw without 3 defenders swarming him

Eh, my eyes are seeing a QB who’s holding the ball and not making quick throws much more than an OL not blocking.

If the plan is to keep Baker in the pocket, with a 5 man protection and needing 4 seconds of clean pocket to throw, the problem ain’t Baker or the line.

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

he’s not getting the time he needs to throw.

He's not getting play calls that allow him to throw quickly.

Someone posted a crazy stat line in here recently that was to the effect that his efficiency when he releases under 2.5 seconds is incredible...something like 11-12 iirc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, my eyes are seeing a QB who’s holding the ball and not making quick throws much more than an OL not blocking.

If the plan is to keep Baker in the pocket, with a 5 man protection and needing 4 seconds of clean pocket to throw, the problem ain’t Baker or the line.

Regardless, I think he is having a hard time right now processing defenses/protections along with the fact that he knows he is going to get rocked if he holds onto the ball.

They need to be able to run better offenses period. Not a single time (again) did they ever establish the run on a drive in the first 2qtrs until it was too late. Again, we were running nothing but pass plays in the redzone and not running Chubb. And again, everything was panicked long vertical routes trying to play catchup. There is way too much switching around in schemes week to week and it is doing nothing good for anybody that we cant pick a style that works and do it every week. I feel like they try to change up the gameplan waaaay to much instead of playing their brand of football