Why sit and wait?

LoganF89

During the Press Conference Their was y’all about Trent sitting the rest of the season and then rumors swirled about trying to trade him in January. Is something going on with him? Is he smoking that stuff again and tying to avoid suspension? Just curious as to why wait? Is it Bruce trying to come up with a plan? Just boggles my brain as to why wait

While watching the game tonight if I’m the browns I call Washington and offer everything for Trent. They may have the worst line in the league. Baker is getting crushed. That’s a team I could see a 1st from easily, maybe even more

Becuase Bruce Allen is still in control of roster decisions such as trades in my opinion. Even if Williams has been smoking during his time away, you could easily give him a time frame he needs to stop to pass a physical so he can get his wish out of the organization. 

Williams remaining apart of this team has nothing to do with him. Everything points to Bruce Allen. I'm tired of people tryna make Williams the bad guy in this situation when his positions hasn't change since reports came out that he wanted out because of the Medical Staff. 

BRUCE ALLEN IS TO BLAME WHY WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR TRENT WILLIAMS TO BE MOVED. 

Bruce is not giving in because they have to be right, and so that other players won't be tempted to do something similar in return.  Joel Corry writes the column Agent's Take for CBS Sports, and he represented Keenan McCardell who was in a holdout situation with Bruce Allen in Tampa Bay, and he did the exact same thing.  

47 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

During the Press Conference Their was y’all about Trent sitting the rest of the season and then rumors swirled about trying to trade him in January. Is something going on with him? Is he smoking that stuff again and tying to avoid suspension? Just curious as to why wait? Is it Bruce trying to come up with a plan? Just boggles my brain as to why wait

While watching the game tonight if I’m the browns I call Washington and offer everything for Trent. They may have the worst line in the league. Baker is getting crushed. That’s a team I could see a 1st from easily, maybe even more

Nick Bosa punish the Browns LT in tonight's game for sure! 

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bruce is not giving in because they have to be right, and so that other players won't be tempted to do something similar in return.  Joel Corry writes the column Agent's Take for CBS Sports, and he represented Keenan McCardell who was in a holdout situation with Bruce Allen in Tampa Bay, and he did the exact same thing.  

This is when Dan needs to step and in and say No trade him now. Bruce did himself no favors in the media or fan base with his press conference and damn sure isn't doing so by holding onto Williams in this situation. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

This is when Dan needs to step and in and say No trade him now. Bruce did himself no favors in the media or fan base with his press conference and damn sure isn't doing so by holding onto Williams in this situation. 

By sending Bruce to handle this press conference, Snyder is complicit with every decision that Bruce is making.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

By sending Bruce to handle this press conference, Snyder is complicit with every decision that Bruce is making.  

We can only hope that ends in the offseason. I don't see them winning more than 3 games, so maybe than Dan canes Bruce like he just did Jay. Fans have to keep not showing up to games and the #FireBruceAllen campaign going. 

29 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

We can only hope that ends in the offseason. I don't see them winning more than 3 games, so maybe than Dan canes Bruce like he just did Jay. Fans have to keep not showing up to games and the #FireBruceAllen campaign going. 

We've got two decades of experience to indicate this is not the case. 

We’ve covered this. Unfortunately, Dan and Brice think they can wait him out. They're wrong. Ppl think Trent will report bc he won't leave $25.5 million on the table. They're wrong, I don't think he’ll play here again bc he doesn't want to play for Brice Allen and he thinks - whether right or wrong - that his growth was handled wrong last year. 

I don't think Trent is going to suit up in a Redskins uniform again. I don't think Brice is going to trade him, if he was, he would have already. 

So, 2020 happens and we’ll see what they work out in Feb/March/April. Eventually, Brice is going to have to cave IMO bc Trent is a man of principle IMO and he's not giving in. The Redskins would be foolish - and already look foolish - for not trading arguably their best player for multiple assets in next year's draft or another good starter who hopefully is in their mid-20s.

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Nick Bosa punish the Browns LT in tonight's game for sure! 

Yep, that would be a perfect trade, or Trent to the Chargers to protect Phillip Rivers bc he's getting beat up like crazy bc Okung is still out with blood clots and may never play again.

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Dan isn't going to do that. Dan is a jock sniffer, he’ll do a lot of things and get rid of players he sees as average to good but not great but, the ones he loves he gives them special treatment and Trent is one of those. I’m actually surprised Dan hasn’t told Brice to give Trent a new 3 year $60 million guaranteed contract to end this hold out!

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dan isn't going to do that. Dan is a jock sniffer, he’ll do a lot of things and get rid of players he sees as average to good but not great but, the ones he loves he gives them special treatment and Trent is one of those. I’m actually surprised Dan hasn’t told Brice to give Trent a new 3 year $60 million guaranteed contract to end this hold out!

Williams doesn't want more money from Dan and Bruce. He wants to never play for them again. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Williams doesn't want more money from Dan and Bruce. He wants to never play for them again. 

I mean it's true he doesn't want to bc the Redskins front office hasn't built a good team since Trent was drafted, but as @RSkinGM said, money does talk and Trent would probably take $20M a year for the next 3 years and then retire with over $100 million in the bank do start his green business where he can grow that money!