MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

12 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

It doesn't mean you're bad defensively, but Brogdon at SG and Parker/Middleton (I don't know who Khash is??) at PF coupled with Giannis at C would yes, be awful.

The edge the Bucks have is their length, and by lining that team up you're immediately giving up your edge at SG, SF, PF AND center.  

That lineup would be horrific on defense.  Even without Parker in there messing it up the Bucks defense has been pretty horrible for most of the season.

No it wouldn't ?

14 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

It doesn't mean you're bad defensively, but Brogdon at SG and Parker/Middleton (I don't know who Khash is??) at PF coupled with Giannis at C would yes, be awful.

The edge the Bucks have is their length, and by lining that team up you're immediately giving up your edge at SG, SF, PF AND center.  

That lineup would be horrific on defense.  Even without Parker in there messing it up the Bucks defense has been pretty horrible for most of the season.

The Bucks defense being bad has about 95% to do with blitzing PnRs. There's no good defensive lineup with that strategy, period. The truth is is no team is going to go traditional if the Bucks go this small, because the Bucks will absolutely annihilate teams on the offensive end. Teams won't play traditional bangers in the frontcourt if they have to chase Middleton around screens and try and stop Giannis.

5 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

I really don’t want Giannis banging with 5s on defense. He’s fine for situational stuff at C, but he should be guarding 4s

It's not a Giannis at 5 all the time, it's a Giannis at the 5 for twelve minutes a game.

6 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

It's not a Giannis at 5 all the time, it's a Giannis at the 5 for twelve minutes a game.

Yes and I agree with that, but I’ve seen people advocating for it full time (in debates for/against the Jordan trade) in response to today’s NBA. 

Just kind of a side note more than a main point in all of this.

also, smart is the last thing this team needs. 

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason